I'm not sure anymore...

PKL

I've always though of the defending to be through the weapon they are holding. Can your partner defend without a weapon?

On the actual topic:

I would recommend not going to the worst game ever, surviving extinction, and other threads that feature Awakening negativity for a little while. Hearing (or in this case reading) people constantly bash something can make you dislike it subconsciously even more. Groupthink is usually strong among fanbases.

Surprisingly I think they can, since staff locked and unequipped characters can also dual guard.

I've always though of the defending to be through the weapon they are holding. Can your partner defend without a weapon?

On the actual topic:

I would recommend not going to the worst game ever, surviving extinction, and other threads that feature Awakening negativity for a little while. Hearing (or in this case reading) people constantly bash something can make you dislike it subconsciously even more. Groupthink is usually strong among fanbases.

I just had a quick look at those thread and the amount of flack awakening gets is quite peculiar. FE13 is the game I played the most(technically I spent more hours in FE10, but that's mainly because I was boss grinding the Dawn Brigade). And maybe it's because I've read a lot about Metroid Other M's plot recently, but I find the claim that FE13 has the worst story ever a bit of a stretch(That metroid game truly has one of the most horrible story I've ever seen). I find FE13 plot to be ok. Yeah, it's pretty cliche and the story seem kinda pieced together, but the overlying story at least got me emotionally invested in my characters.

I just had a quick look at those thread and the amount of flack awakening gets is quite peculiar. FE13 is the game I played the most(technically I spent more hours in FE10, but that's mainly because I was boss grinding the Dawn Brigade). And maybe it's because I've read a lot about Metroid Other M's plot recently, but I find the claim that FE13 has the worst story ever a bit of a stretch(That metroid game truly has one of the most horrible story I've ever seen). I find FE13 plot to be ok. Yeah, it's pretty cliche and the story seem kinda pieced together, but the overlying story at least got me emotionally invested in my characters.

I definitely agree with the emotional investment part for Awakening. I think that's what many critics fail to realize about the success of the game. The fact that so many people invest time and care with their characters (as evidence by some of threads in the Awakening forum) is part of the gameplay replayability that comes from the plots, gameplay, and supports.

I actually wished the protector took SOME damage from the blow... I mean, that would add a significant challenge.

... And some rage. Lots of rage. >.>

That would require there being some downside to pair up. We can't have that now, can we?

I definitely agree with the emotional investment part for Awakening. I think that's what many critics fail to realize about the success of the game. The fact that so many people invest time and care with their characters (as evidence by some of threads in the Awakening forum) is part of the gameplay replayability that comes from the plots, gameplay, and supports.

This is actually something that reduced replayability for me with FF Tactics Advanced. My randomly generated team names really grew on me so a new file with new random names just didn't feel right.

This is actually something that reduced replayability for me with FF Tactics Advanced. My randomly generated team names really grew on me so a new file with new random names just didn't feel right.

Well, for awakening, I grew to care for my new characters as much as my original, even if I felt really detached at the start.

The term is Olivian. But that works too. I give it a 9/10.

Olivian just sounded like he was solely Olivia's. He's not over Ninian doe, I can tell.

PKL, maybe putting the game down for a good amount of time and going back to it later? Sometimes that helps. /shrug

This^

I remember getting bored with the game(while grinding to complete the support log mind you). I then put it aside for around 1-2 months while I was playing SMTIV. I was starting my second playthrough of SMT when I just got the FEA itch. Played it again for 1-2 months. Now I'm putting it down again to play Pokemon Y. Even good gamea will start to get less entertaining if you play it too regularly for a long time.