Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and it's 5 units like normal?

Alright, I sent it to Espinosa

things that are annoying: forgetting that Julia can use anima and has more than just two light tomes

also jesus I feel like i'm just stacking rings and having lakche do everything

Edited by Psych

Yeah, 5 units like normal.

I think we also determined that weapons would have no innate crit because it devalues the critical skill, and you can use lovers to get the acc/avo boost, I forget what we decided on Lover/Sibling crits.

Edited by General Horace

Can I change my team then? Celice is totally worthless without them.

In fact most of my team is worthless now actually, I might just redo it.

actually i'm far too lazy to change it

Edited by General Horace

its all here http://www.serenesforest.net/fe4/location.html

more specifically 2 hero swords, and 2 of each stat ring. 1 prayer ring, 2 life rings, 1 pursuit ring, and I don't think any of the other rings matter

Edited by General Horace

Ah right. That's simple enough to remember, I guess.

Also, I added a poll on GBA w/ skills meta(-s) (since nothing's stopping us from trying out FE6/7) to gather opinions of all interested sides.

Made my vote. Cap-less skill limits make for boring skill development and distribution IMO.

I'd like to see skills like breakers used in this meta though, since supports and accuracy are generally amp'd up. Though with the ever common Legendaries that fill the field...things like Swordbreaker on Eirika and Lancebreaker on Ephraim might just make things a bit too unfair...

The subject of GBA weapon hit (not just FE6 mind you) and whiffing was brought up in another thread so I thought we should seriously consider that. The proposal was to adjust the hit formula to FE9's, where luck is factored to the same extent in both hit and avo, which is not the case in the GBA games (halved luck in hit, full in avo).

To be frank, I'm not quite cool with how Silver Axe Boyd can easily connect a counterattack against somebody like Zihark with his Earth supports and very high avo, because of generally higher than average (+10 or so) hit and the extra accuracy of forges. If hit is lower, then hit supports are more important for reliability, weapon triangle relations are more pronounced, especially in the case of -reaver and -slayer weaponry, so the match is naturally shifted to these variables becoming more central.

Reliability cannot be completely guaranteed in FE anyway... The SNES games have it even worse with the 1 RN system.

So I personally think the mechanics should stay the same as original in any given meta, though I also feel that skills make skill-less metas a lot more colourful.

To be fair. the only reason Boyd is hitting is because the forges are absolutley ridiculous at +5 MT and +25 hit

sure he has fire affinity, but it's not used at all unless he supports

DUN DUN DUN

DEVDAN

Edited by General Horace

I'm still up for trying an FE8 game with skills if anyone's interested.

Looking at the responses to the poll, it doesn't hurt to try the Awakening skills in the next game we play. Better agree on SP costs, though.

Is Horace and my's game starting soon? Also 1 RN hit shouldn't be a problem, considering the way the hosts do rolls.

Would you two like to start? You're at a big disadvantage for not using any supports, that's for sure. Maybe for other reasons too, but I could be wrong.

I'm ok with starting but I think im the one with supports.

I guess I could test the awakening skills you listed with the SP, although i'd have to look over them again,

actually I don't really like the look of the awakening skills too much. Pavise and Aegis are ok, but the breaker skills are pretty silly. Aggressor is way too ridiculous, Lifetaker wouldn't be too bad if it were 20 SP I think (since you'd have limited offence otherwise) but I think they're just too strong.

Edited by General Horace

Breakers costing 20 SP sounds okay to me, and would encourage the usage of units with access to more weapon types, like GKs and Generals. I agree with Aggressor, though.

How much SP do you think -faire skills should cost? 10, 15, something else?

I forgot about the Faire skills, they could definately be added. Its only +5 attack right? I don't know if it warrents 15 when stuff like resolve is 10. 10 is probably ok.

and actually the breaker skills are actually pretty ok since most of the best units in the fe8 meta currently are single weapon locked, and it reigns them in a bit

Edited by General Horace