Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

I'm cool. I'll throw together something tonight before I sleep.

Yo wait if you're drafting then you can't ramshackle this together until pix are pix'd

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helps to remember to code in Pavise/Aegis/Miracle properly

Can someone confirm for me whether or not Pavise/Aegis and Miracle can proc on the same turn, and in which order they proc in?

Edited by Elieson

I cannot find any information about the relation between these skills just by googling (which is how I resolved a bunch of other Awakening LA-related questions to compensate for the fact that I don't know the game's mechanics very deep as I play efficiently and miss out on much of the content that's actually vital to know for LA).

@Horace/ZM

It wasn't mentioned before in my proposed rules but it's pretty unanimously agreed on that Limit Breaker is banned. At this moment, the only thing it does is increase skills' proc rates, as if all 10 units run it, everything is just cancelled out (Avo/Hit, Crit/CEV, Str/Mag, Mag/Res)

Awakening max stats is the best meta for sandbagging matches. i.e. two players draft their units, but instead of picking the best units for themselves, they pick what they see as the worst for the opponent. You will find there are no downright horrible units available, even if both players will end up with suboptimal stuff.

I almost think we should allow Critforging in MAXSTATS meta, since the max is +15 Crt, and most units are packing 20~25Crit and 40~45 CritEvade. It'd be discouraged, but I think allowable

Discouragement seems like a silly little thing since we're not a news agency or something. Sacrificing hit and mt seems like reason enough to abstain from investing into forges' crit.

forging crit just seems like a stupid idea unless you're doing a build with like, solidarity, and wrath or something, i actually thought it was allowed, and jsut didn't when I made my team.

Forging crit isn't a bad idea when you can't otherwise KO an enemy and so try to gamble 'cause you've got nothing to lose. A killer weapon forge with +crit will have 45 crit, which is exactly the same as what most units have for crev, so your base skill set will determine your chances to crit. It's better than nothing, I guess.

Added some stuff to the resource topic's FE13 section, namely:

- Added postgame characters' portraits.

- Added their modifiers, too.

- And the skills they can use while we're at it.

- Robin now has all of the modifiers listed for all possible combinations of asset/flaw.

I want to put up a section for viable weapons next. Any ideas on what weaponry is worth using for every type out there?

I can see reasons to use a ton of weaponry, but just replace obvious outclassed weaponry with the best of its kind unless it has a Skill/Stat attached to it (I.e. Replace Longbow with both Towering Bow and Doublebow)

Edited by Elieson

Yeah, way too many weapons have some sort of advantage to them but when you do start making the team you usually end up making the same choices every time, or so I felt the one time I assembled a team.

I'm preparing a resource for children's skills options depending on parent, and I feel like doing something with Excel and screenshots for this. However, kids have tons of skills made available to them via inheritance and some of them are just never going to be picked. Can some folks please take a moment to look at all LA-available skills and help me cross out the ones you absolutely don't want to even consider using? I'll include my take and let everyone comment to save everyone time/work:

edit: also Chrom's Charm, Aether, Rightful King (all worthwhile skills).

RobinM - Solidarity, Ignis, Aegis, Luna, Defence+2, Pavise, Avoid+10, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Patience, Sol, Axebreaker, HP+5, Zeal, Gamble, Wrath, Axefaire, Skill+2, Prescience, Hit Rate+20, Bowfaire, Bowbreaker, Lucky Seven, Strength+2, Tantivy, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Magic+2, Focus, Tomefaire, Hex, Anathema, Vengeance, Tomebreaker, Slow Burn, Lifetaker, Miracle, Renewal

RobinF (female exclusive) - Speed+2, Relief, Lancefaire, Galeforce, Resistance+2, Demoiselle

Other - Conquest, Shadowgift, Odd Rhythm , Wyrmsbane, Even Rhythm, Beastbane, Resistance+10, Bond , Iote's Shield (Only Morgan can get Conquest/Shadowgift, and the last three skills are DLC ones that kids can access regardless of who their parents happen to be).

Some other stuff I'm not sure of:

Relief seems lacklustre, but some setup of Renewal + Relief + Aversa's Night + the unit staying alive until the end of the fight (because who wants to attack Sorcs early on?) could be incredibly potent and provide tremendous durability.

Defence+2 also appears to be an unnecessary skill, but I feel like Generals with very high defence modifiers (including Warhart!Morgan with defence asset RobinFs or even Nah/Gerome) could use this to tank physical hits even better.

Avoid+10 is a skill I'd never use, but... it's always active. fwiw. Cross out as useless?

I personally don't care much about Aegis/Pavise or -especially- Wrath either, but some people might want to take a shot at one or more of these and see what happens.

That leaves us with "only" 36 skills, 33 if the three I'm not sure about are also crossed out. Hopefully that would make choosing children's skills easier.

Edited by Espinosa

Hey man, Res+10 and Bond should totally exist.

Renewal+Relief (if you're the last one standing) equates to 40 HP recovered per turn.

Aegis/Pavise work well enough for those wishing to tank harder. Pavise+Aegis+Miracle+Renewal+Vantage/Vengeance would make for an insufferably tanky tank, don't you think? (Especially a sorc)

Res+10 and Bond should exist, but we don't need to include them for simplifying children's skills databases due to them not being linked to inheritance. Res+2 is completely obsolete however and pointless even for female units who lack the powerful male version.

I'd be willing to include the rest of these, even Wrath.

Just sorted all the skills logically by groups:

- Support Skills -
Charm
Demoiselle

- Offensive Proc Skills -
Aether
Astra
Ignis
Luna
Sol
Vengeance

- Defensive Proc Skills -
Aegis
Pavise
Miracle

- Stat Boost Skills -
Defence+2
Speed+2
Axefaire
Bowfaire
Lancefaire
Swordfaire
Tomefaire

- Constant Skills -
Lifetaker
Relief
Renewal
Rightful King
Vantage
Wrath

- Accuracy Skills -
Avoid+10
Hit Rate+20
Axebreaker
Bowbreaker
Lancebreaker
Swordbreaker
Tomebreaker
Anathema
Hex
Lucky Seven
Patience
Prescience

Quick Burn
Slow Burn

Underdog

How's this look?

Edited by Espinosa

Any reason why we aren't including Underdog? Perma +15/+15 is pretty cool, considering your dad's gonna be a chump anyway.

I'd add in Solidarity anyway.

Yeah, but everyone should be the same level in the max stats meta. Whether that's lv. 20 or lv. 1 for everyone, it hardly matters. I guess it only affects Taguels and Manaketes who don't reach an equivalent of promoted lv. 20? We could just assume 20/10 for everyone, just so that this skill has no application.

And Solidarity's pretty worthless with the high luck stats all over the place. Plus it's the only skill doing something nice for an 'adjacent unit' (whatever that means in LA).

If we're assuming that units are near you for Charm/Demosielle, we can assume that theoretically, up to three Solidarity users are adjacent to you.

And I'd say i agree with you but with Second Seals, fe13 MAX STATS could mean anything. I'd second seal back to Lv1 if it got me +15 Hit/Avo all battle long

Edited by Elieson

If we're assuming that units are near you for Charm/Demosielle, we can assume that theoretically, up to three Solidarity users are adjacent to you.

And I'd say i agree with you but with Second Seals, fe13 MAX STATS could mean anything. I'd second seal back to Lv1 if it got me +15 Hit/Avo all battle long

Charm/Demoiselle extend three squares, but we don't really worry about whether their user happens to be in slot 2/3/4. We also treated brother bonds as always being active for all three brothers back in PoR LA, which is not possible no matter how you re-arrange them on your roster. I suppose Solidarity could affect everyone - it's still kind of a shit skill.

And if you want your Underdog user to be able to enter the battlefield at lv. 1, then that's even more of a reason that all Manaketes are lv. 10 and everyone else with a normal promotion is also lv. 1 - just so that Underdog does nothing to them. It's not like Sacred Stones where you want the lowest level for some skills but capped level for others.

At the same time, Manaketes, Taguels and Conquerors can technically be below everyone else in level and have Underdog... Guess I should include it then. That makes the list comprise of exactly 40 skills I believe.

Espi if you have an IM or something i'd love to chitchat over like GoogleChat vs through Forum or w/e

Also UNDERDOG BOW my friend (laughable but still it gives more Avo than Yewfelle/Parthia

what if the person just says all their units are level 1 promoted units. Are they treated the same as level 1 taguels etc?

also a list of useful weapons:

WEAPON           MT HIT CRIT RNG OTHER
BRAVE SWORD      09  80   0   1  HITS TWICE
ARMOURSLAYER*    08  80   0   1
WYRMSLAYER*      08  80   0   1
KILLING EDGE*    09  90  30   1
LEVIN SWORD      10  80   0  1-2 MAGIC BASED ATTACK
NOBLE RAPIER*    08  85  10   1
SOL              12  85   5   1  SOL SKILL
AMATSU           12  60   5  1-2
EXALTED FALCION  15  80  10   1
MERCURIUS        17  95   5   1
TYRFING          15  85  10   1  RES+5
BALMUNG          13  90  10   1  SPD+5
MYSTLETAINN      14  85  15   1  SKL+5
SOL KATTI        08 100  50   1  RES+5, SWORDMASTER ONLY
RAGNELL          15  70   0  1-2 DEF+5
SOOTHING SWORD*  08  85   0   1  HEAL 10 HP PER TURN
SUPERIOR EDGE*   11  80   0   1  SWORDBREAKER SKILL
EIRKIA'S BLADE   06  95  10   1  HITS TWICE
SELIPH'S BLADE*  12  90  15   1  +2 SPD/RES  
ALM'S BLADE*     15  75  10   1  
-------------------------------------------
BRAVE LANCE      10  70   0   1  HITS TWICE  
BEAST KILLER*    09  70   0   1  
BLESSED LANCE*   11  70   0   1  HEALS 10 HP PER TURN
KILLER LANCE*    10  80  30   1
LUNA             14  80   5   1  LUNA SKILL
GRADIVUS         19  85   5  1-2
GAE BOLG         15  75  10   1  DEF+5
GUNGNIR          16  70  10   1  STR+5
SHOCKSTICK*      11  85  10   1  MAGIC BASED ATTACK
SUPERIOR LANCE*  11  85  10   1  LANCEBREAKER SKILL
FINN'S LANCE*    08  85  10   1  +2 LCK/DEF
EPHRAIM'S LANCE* 11  80  10   1  +2 STR/SPD
SIGURD'S LANCE*  14  85  15   1   
--------------------------------------------
BRAVE AXE        12  60   0   1  HITS TWICE
HAMMER*          10  60   0   1  
BOLT AXE*        14  70   5  1-2 MAGIC ATTACK
KILLER AXE*      12  70  30   1  
VENGEANCE        16  75   5   1  VENGEANCE SKILL
WOLF BERG        18  75   5  1-2 WALHART ONLY
HAUTECLERE       21  70   5   1  
HELSWATH         18  60  10  1-2 DEF+5
ARMADS           17  80  10   1  DEF+5
SUPERIOR AXE*    15  60   0   1  AXEBREAKER SKILL
TITANITA'S AXE*  12  80  10   1  PATIENCE SKILL
HECTOR'S AXE*    15  75  15   1  +2 STR/DEF   
--------------------------------------------
BRAVE BOW        10  70   0   2  HITS TWICE
BLESSED BOW*     11  70   0   2  HEALS 10 HP PER TURN
KILLER BOW*      10  80  30   2  
ASTRA            14  75   5   2  ASTRA SKILL
PARTHIA          19  95   5   2
YEWFELLE         15  85  10   2  SPD+5
NIDHOGG          16  75  10   2  LUCK+10
SUPERIOR BOW*    13  70   0   2  BOWBREAKER SKILL
INNES' BOW*      13 115  10   2  
---------------------------------------------
VALAFLAME        16  80  10  1-2 MAG+5
THORON*          14  65  10  1-2
MJOLNIR          18  70  20  1-2 SKL+5
REXCALIBUR*      10  85   0  1-2
EXCALIBUR        13 100  30  1-2
FORSETI          14  90  10  1-2 SPD+5
BOOK OF NAGA     15  80  15  1-2 +5 DEF/RES
RUIN*            04  60  50  1-2
WASTE            10  45   0  1-2 HITS TWICE
MIRE*            10  65   0 3-10 UNCOUNTERABLE, NULLIFIES USERS PROC SKILLS (LUNA, SOL, ETC)
MICAIAH'S PYRE*  13  85   5  1-2 +2 DEF/RES
SUPERIOR JOLT*   14  60  15  1-2 TOMEBREAKER SKILL
KATARINA'S BOLT* 11  75  30  1-2
CELICA'S GALE    04  80   5  1-2 HITS TWICE
AVERSA'S NIGHT*  15  75   0  1-2 HP LEECH
---------------------------------------------
BEASTONE+        10  70   0   1  STR+3/SKL+5/SPD+5/LCK+4/DEF+1
DRAGONSTONE+     12  70   0  1-2 STR+11/MAG+6/SKL+5/SPD+4/DEF+13/RES+9

If i'm missing anything, speak up.

Edited by General Horace