FE9 Maniac Mode TAS WIP

ZemZem

I am reminded of the one "TAS" I saw of FE5 where much time was wasted burning RNs for pointless level-ups. That said, this guy is nowhere near that level, and tbh, he only BXP'd Neph one level's worth, I think, and it might not be that bad, in the long run.

Not sure if optimal, but hell, I'm not gonna fight him for TAS of anything, so have your fun, runner, wherever you are.

In FE5 "perfect" level-ups aren't wholly pointless since you can proc a lot of move and clear many chapters earlier because of this (the Warp staff still exists though, so the value is somewhat diminished). The question whether burning RNs to achieve said level-ups saves time in the end is still valid, though.

In FE5 "perfect" level-ups aren't wholly pointless since you can proc a lot of move and clear many chapters earlier because of this (the Warp staff still exists though, so the value is somewhat diminished). The question whether burning RNs to achieve said level-ups saves time in the end is still valid, though.

To a degree, yes. This guy burned for Tanya and Halvan and people not even going to see a lot of use. I think the policy was "any level up ever must be near perfect and get +move". The bizarre habit of turning full animations on and off also confused the hell out of me. I'm pretty sure he even burned for characters he let get captured or left behind. It was... unique. Edited by Balcerzak

What I mean is, try playing up to that point regularly (while RNGing the stats you assume Nephenee would have), then see how she does. If you can't do that, we can't get ahead of ourselves just yet.

You're forgetting that in a TAS, it's trivial to manipulate player phase crits. Getting multiple enemy phase crits on an enemy phase is possible as well, although a lot more challenging to achieve.

Now if Neph is being raised for just chapter 25, that's ludicrous and obviously a mistake.

Nephenee bases: 22 hp, 8 str, 10 skl, 11 spd, 9 def

Largo bases: 52 hp, 21 str, 21 skl, 20 spd, 10 def

You have to invest about 10 levels and a promotion into Neph to get her to match Largo's offensive stats. Unless C25 maniac is so utterly insane that you absolutely need javelin wrath, I just don't see how this pays off at all.

By the way, there's a new FE5 TAS with a time of 55:47 that seems properly optimized from what I could tell. I'd put that on youtube except it's very boring to watch after a while since each chapter is either a warpskip, or Leaf moving across the map in 1 turn (with the help of Lara) or both. The TAS Balzerak linked aims for SSS so it's probably not meant to be optimized for time anyway.

Edited by Vykan_12

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Resolve (no Wrath) Ike kills Ashnard fairly quickly anyway (it's like two hits of >20 damage under Resolve, right?), so it'd only cut out two rounds of combat. I expect Wrath could do more than that assigned to someone else.