Making a Dedenne

AssassinSevera

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one that reduces ground weakness might have some use assuming it comes with something to majorly damage ground types. Yeah it has poison weakness too but I doubt people actually care enough to realize its Fairy typing.

....it probably dies to an Earthquake anyway, I'd bet

Well it doesnt matter how "bad" Dedenne is because the rest of my team is VERY good and strong, so i can use at least 1 "non-competitive" pokemon. And i was looking for the weakness reduction and pinch berries, but idk where their locations are.

....that's not how it works

Edited by shadykid

That is never how it works because 1 Team Slot is the difference from winning and losing

That being said Dedenne is fairly decent for a shitty mon because AT LEAST the damn thing can learn Volt Switch

EDIT: See Movepool -> ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME

Edited by Eradicator Boner

....it probably dies to an Earthquake anyway, I'd bet

....that's not how it works

Just ran some calc. A offensively invested dedenne + shuca berry has 62.5% to be 1HKO by a jolly Garchomp. Becomes 100% after Stealth rock or if Garchom uses a sword dance or has Choice Band/life orb. Only a max HP, max Def Dedene + shuca berry is going to survive a Earthquake(or you can have a mega garchomp that sword dance and one shot it with EQ after Stealth rock).

As a comparison, even a max Attack Dedenne can't 2HKO a garchomp with Play Rough. If he all its investment in defense to survive it, he even has chance to fail to 3HKO a non-invested Garchomp.

As for 'it's ok to have 1 non-comp cause the rest if the team is strong', well you basically start 1 pokemon short when facing someone with 6 great pokemon. You may win some battle because of better strategy, but being 5v6 will detriment you in the long run.

That is never how it works because 1 Team Slot is the difference from winning and losing

That being said Dedenne is fairly decent for a shitty mon because AT LEAST the damn thing can learn Volt Switch

EDIT: See Movepool -> ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME

What's the matter with the movepool?

Edited by LuxSpes

The damn thing did not even learn Dazzling Gleam lol

using dat shitty 58 base attack for it's only fairy attack

Check out Dedenne in this battle i just had earlier :)

ESBG-WWWW-WWW2-K2CZ

Amazing!

stahp, it's even worse than NeoGAF trying to hype up shitty Pokemon like Carbink

Edited by shadykid

Its easy to make almost anything take out 2 pokemon

I swept an OU team with several broken pokemon before with Drudiggon. That does not make it any good

Edited by Eradicator Boner

Its easy to make almost anything take out 2 pokemon

I swept an OU team with several broken pokemon before with Drudiggon. That does not make it any good

Who cares, Dedenne is good. One thing is, Parabolic charge isnt as good as i thought it was. What should I replace it with, or should i just keep it? My moveset is Swagger, Volt Switch, Parabolic Charge, and Grass Knot.

EDIT: its HP is dragon

Edited by AssassinSevera

in all fairness dedenne would likely use HP ice on garhomp just because if it ever would be used in OU

Didn't think about that. Though even when considering the higher SpA, the lower base power and absence of stab makes it pretty bad in terms of power.

As for another move, Dedenne's movepool is so limited...

Edited by LuxSpes

Just let the guy live in his own fantasy world where he thinks Dedenne is good, I don't anybody is going to change his mind.

in all fairness dedenne would likely use HP ice on garhomp just because if it ever would be used in OU

If Garchomp with Yache Berry could shrug off an Ice Beam from Starmie, it could take a nerfed Hidden Power from Dedenne.

Just let the guy live in his own fantasy world where he thinks Dedenne is good, I don't anybody is going to change his mind.

If Garchomp with Yache Berry could shrug off an Ice Beam from Starmie, it could take a nerfed Hidden Power from Dedenne.

So why don't you battle me?

Check out Dedenne in this battle i just had earlier :)

ESBG-WWWW-WWW2-K2CZ

Amazing!

this is like the equivalent of beating a 4-year-old up and proclaiming how strong you are

if you win the junior olympics, you're still no match for usain bolt

this is like the equivalent of beating a 4-year-old up and proclaiming how strong you are

if you win the junior olympics, you're still no match for usain bolt

ouch

(btw can you view videos without registering the game sync thing)

Edited by shadykid