cant connect pokemon Y to the librarys wifi

FalconVegeta1986

I can get everything else to work, e-shop, browser, even my phone will connect to it. But in the game, i keep getting error code 001-0502, unable to connect to server. There is no password needed for the connection, and it still connects to my friends wifi just fine, and his needs a password. What am i missing?

Have you tried connecting it through the 3DS's internet browser? Usually for stuff like that, you need to authenticate the use of the wifi there. I know in my McDonalds, they had you go through there to use their free wi-fi

Ah, i see this was moved. Sorry, i thought it'd be a more general question, my original title didnt even have pokemon in it.

I managed to find some info about it, looks like it just might not be compatible with their wifi, which i dont understand, since it basically lets me do anything else. Idk what the system clock is to know if i've messed with it. Now im a bit concerned about if its going to work once i have my own internet again.