Various Questions regarding FE6

ThisProfileNoLongerUsed

Due to the amount of questions I have, I've decided to make a thread with all the questions instead of bombarding the board and annoy everyone more than I am already.

Alright, here it goes:

1.) Is there a Map Sprite Editor Module for FE6? If not, how do you find the sprites in GBAGE and Hex?

2.) Let's say I want to replace the Female Mercenary with a custom class (with the Assassin class); I know I have to place the animation in FEditor Adv., along with the description and name. WHERE do I put the pointer in GBAGE? Do I put it in the free space part, or do I put in where the female Merc. is? I've tried doing this, and I keep messing up so I thought it'd be best to come to you guys for help.

I'll explain this in further detail, because I'm almost positively certain that I'm screwing something up along the way:

1- I used FEditor Adv and increased the indexes in the Class Animation Manager and inserted the Assassin animation all the way at the end of the list. I extended the indexes in the Text Editor and wrote the class description and name. I saved it, then closed the program.

2- I then opened up Nightmare and make a custom battle animation for the Assassin class, and I replaced the Fe. Merc. class with the Assassin class.

3-At this point, I haven't put in the class portrait nor the map sprite in GBAGE yet. So I do that, putting the stuff in the free space (which is all the way at the end of the ROM), making sure I don't overwrite anything else. I inserted them into the following offsets as such:

81861B- Assassin class sprite

8179F0- Assassin portrait

81A400- Assassin idle sprite

I did NOT change the palette, however, as I have no idea where it is. But I insert the stuff, save, and I then go to Nightmare and make the Knight's Crest compatible with Thieves.

4- When I try to boot up the game, I get nothing. Just a white screen. I'm sure I did SOMETHING wrong, but I can't really figure out what it is, or if I'm perhaps missing an important step.

3.) Is it possible to make the rapier effective against Nomads and Troubadours? From what I remember, they have horse icons, but only the Horsekiller lance does bonus damage, whereas the rapier does damage against every type of horseback and armour.

4.) Does Fae's animation work in FE7? I've heard that Idenn's Dragon breath animation doesn't work right, but nothing about Fa's Dragon form.

I'll use this thread for more questions that I'll have in the future, I guess.

Edited by Rokklaggio

Due to the amount of questions I have, I've decided to make a thread with all the questions instead of bombarding the board and annoy everyone more than I am already.

Alright, here it goes:

1.) Is there a Map Sprite Editor Module for FE6? If not, how do you find the sprites in GBAGE and Hex?

2.) Let's say I want to replace the Female Mercenary with a custom class (with the Assassin class); I know I have to place the animation in FEditor Adv., along with the description and name. WHERE do I put the pointer in GBAGE? Do I put it in the free space part, or do I put in where the female Merc. is? I've tried doing this, and I keep messing up so I thought it'd be best to come to you guys for help.

I'll explain this in further detail, because I'm almost positively certain that I'm screwing something up along the way:

1- I used FEditor Adv and increased the indexes in the Class Animation Manager and inserted the Assassin animation all the way at the end of the list. I extended the indexes in the Text Editor and wrote the class description and name. I saved it, then closed the program.

2- I then opened up Nightmare and make a custom battle animation for the Assassin class, and I replaced the Fe. Merc. class with the Assassin class.

3-At this point, I haven't put in the class portrait nor the map sprite in GBAGE yet. So I do that, putting the stuff in the free space (which is all the way at the end of the ROM), making sure I don't overwrite anything else. I inserted them into the following offsets as such:

81861B- Assassin class sprite

8179F0- Assassin portrait

81A400- Assassin idle sprite

I did NOT change the palette, however, as I have no idea where it is. But I insert the stuff, save, and I then go to Nightmare and make the Knight's Crest compatible with Thieves.

4- When I try to boot up the game, I get nothing. Just a white screen. I'm sure I did SOMETHING wrong, but I can't really figure out what it is, or if I'm perhaps missing an important step.

3.) Is it possible to make the rapier effective against Nomads and Troubadours? From what I remember, they have horse icons, but only the Horsekiller lance does bonus damage, whereas the rapier does damage against every type of horseback and armour.

4.) Does Fae's animation work in FE7? I've heard that Idenn's Dragon breath animation doesn't work right, but nothing about Fa's Dragon form.

I'll use this thread for more questions that I'll have in the future, I guess.

1. No there isn't. You have to browse an FE6 ROM via GBA GE to find them

2. I'm almost certain that extending the indexes in FE6 breaks the rom so try overwriting something and see if that works

3. You have to make a list of classes you want the rapier to have effective damage against in hex and change the effectiveness pointer in nightmare to the new pointer

4. the breath or the actual battle animation? if the former, yes; if the latter, no.

Edited by The Booty Wawriah

1. No there isn't. You have to browse an FE6 ROM via GBA GE to find them Alright then.

2. I'm almost certain that extending the indexes in FE6 breaks the rom so try overwriting something and see if that works Are you sure? I mean, it worked fine when I inserted the animation in FEditor, if that's what you're referring to. Like when I replaced the Sage animations with the ones from FE7, I just had to increase the indexes in order for the Sage Staff animations to work correctly.

3. You have to make a list of classes you want the rapier to have effective damage against in hex and change the effectiveness pointer in nightmare to the new pointer Would I have to combine/add/edit other classes' hex or whatever, or just simply edit the effectiveness pointer itself?

4. the breath or the actual battle animation? if the former, yes; if the latter, no. I'm referring to the animation, but alright, then.

Answers in bold.

Edited by Rokklaggio

I believe some corrections are in order.

Regarding the first question, there is a Map Sprite module for FE6, both standing and moving. (At least I have them ._.). I'm sure you can get them from Shrine of Seals, dunno if they have them here.

And the second question, from my experiences, map sprite editing is a little tricky, especially when inserting some new map sprites into free spaces. I've had the same problem with all the GBA games. Inserting map sprites into free space and repointing makes the ROM boot into a white screen, so I can't help you much with that, sorry.

Edited by ShadielTH

I believe some corrections are in order.

Regarding the first question, there is a Map Sprite module for FE6, both standing and moving. (At least I have them ._.). I'm sure you can get them from Shrine of Seals, dunno if they have them here.

And the second question, from my experiences, map sprite editing is a little tricky, especially when inserting some new map sprites into free spaces. I've had the same problem with all the GBA games. Inserting map sprites into free space and repointing makes the ROM boot into a white screen, so I can't help you much with that, sorry.

I found the Map Sprite editor, thanks! And it's all right, I'm sure someone here knows...

So, if I can't insert a map sprite, or rather ANYTHING at the end of the ROM, then where do I go? Would it be possible to swap a class with a custom one, then repoint the original class with one that is not being used (i.e female Paladin)? NVM, that doesn't seem to work either...

Edited by Rokklaggio