Shadowed war

Lance Masayoshi

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makoto became convinced that no-one had heard him, that or no-one was around. What if the bandits killed them? Was I brought into hiding with Meridia while they fought them? Has it..happend again? Makoto tried to take a deep breath to calm himself but his teeth were clattering together too much to be able to open his mouth.

"It's....soo-o-oooo col-cold"

Edited by Mondei

"Right.. Maybe when he gets back he'll tell you."

"Why can't you tell us. You obviously know the story" Aeran asked.

"Right... Can I go to bed? I'm exhausted. You can talk to me tomorrow or something?"

It's 3AM over here. 'Nuff said

"Yeah, it's been a long day..."

(Same for me)

Edited by eggs4king

"Yes. Not in lecture mood.,"

"... Goodnight then" Going into the carriage, she noticed Makoto was awake. Smiling at him, she quickly got into her bed and almost instantaneously fell asleep

'Night

Edited by DodgeDusk

Aeran entered the carriage shortly after. He lay awake for hours, unable to sleep. Even after the days events, he was still terrified of what awaited him when he drifted off. However, the lack of sleep eventually caught up with him, and he dozed off into a fitful slumber.

Makoto searched around for his sword and found it laying by his bed. He leaned against the bed and tried to pull it up to him with the remaining strength he had.

He removed it from its' scabbard, hoping no-one was woken from the sound of steel sliding against steel. If someone tried to kill them in their sleep they would probably never expect it. he thought. When he glanced over to his sword he was astonished at the sight of the medallion, enclosed into the hilt. It was glowing as bright as he'd ever seen it. Not only has the blue turned aflame, it almost seemed as if it was giving off heat. A word came up in the back of his mind. Fire Emblem. His mother had told him stories about it and how it was the prison for a powerful goddess. But how could that be true? Is this really the same object from the tale? The steel in his hand had became too hot to bear. He sheathed it away and put it under his bed hoping it wouldn't burn anything. Makoto thought about how the weapon was a family heirloom from back in his homeland. He never really knew much about his homeland or his family, other than his mother and father. The only things he knew of them was that his mother bared great white wings on her back. He remembered always being intrigued as kid, wanting to feel the smooth and silky feathers. His father on the other hand, was a not a laguz. A beorc like everyone else. He was a charmer to his mother and everyone else. An ex-royal knight of a nation in Telius. When they moved to Ferox, he became his towns chief captain, in charge of security against bandits and thief's alike. His white and gold armour was always polished and cleaned every few nights as his father adorned a strong loyalty to his old homeland. Now that he thought about it, he looked almost just like him, with his greatly shaped jawline, and black silky hair. From his mothers side he had inherited her bright jade-green eyes and skinny physique. Makoto had not noticed the tears he shed, and wiped them off with his blanket. Why did they have to die... He quickly changed his line of thought to avoid thinking about it. That sword...if that truly is the medallion of legend...I should know more about it... He thought about possible places to learn about it, but doubted this continent would have any knowledge of Telius lore, but then he remembered something.

"Hey kiddo, you gonna be reading that dusty old book all day or are you coming out with your old man to train in steel?"

"But it's just getting to the best paaaart! come on dad can't we do it tomorrow!?"

"You can read later Moky, but we can't train later, I need to travel to the city soon, to buy some supplies for the homestead."

"Then we'll train when you get back!"

"Awwwh don't make your father cry now! All i want is to spend some time with my boy!"

"Dad, you can't guilt me into training.."

"Hmph, fine, then how 'bout if you start training then i'll take you to Ylisstol to see that library your mother told you about..."

"Wha- ITS NOT A LIBRAAARY. Its an archive of hundreds of thousands of books! from lore to history, to even books from our homeland!"

"Tomato, Tomoto. So is that yes, Moky?"

"What do you think? Give me that training sword already!"

Makoto started to cry again but held himself back.

He never did get to see the archive, but he knew that is where he must go.

But what about the others? He thought.

They don't care about you... he heard from the back of his head. Makoto felt depressed at what he thought but tried to steel his nerves to forget about it.

The Ylisstol Royal Archives.. Makoto thought, as he closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

(Wasn't sure if i should of put it in spoilers or not because it's a big paragraph.)

(Also, The feels...)

Edited by Mondei

(I'm not sure, but I doubt they'll be any complications if you do your paralogue actions. As for interactive RP, I think it's a little empty)

(paralogue actions will pause for now, recruiting lots of people isn't quick. I'm talking about the interactive RP)

(paralogue actions will pause for now, recruiting lots of people isn't quick. I'm talking about the interactive RP)

(Well, given current inactivity, I have to say no. Sorry. However, if things pick up, just ask again and I'm sure something can get started)