Unnamed Mafia (anon) - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if I have to believe Schtolteheim there's apparently a Doctor, Tracker, Rolecop and Jailer in play, all on Town's side.

Maybe Manix is trying to say "screw role speculation," but then this is bastard of the highest degree and appropriate warning would have been pleasant. So... I have to consider that there can be no way Town has both a Jailer and a Doctor, especially when the Doctor has such weird rationale for picking his N1 target.

Cut by about 20 posts...

Beethoven: At some point I realized that the only thing I really had as a case on him was that ED1 empty votehop, and while that's bad, his play balanced it out. Then I asked myself who I thought was scum, asked myself who they would kill, and protected that person.

More thoughts coming later.

Hnngh is it possible for Reinbach to be a scum rolecop and Grillmaster is actually his buddy whom he cleared because it's LYLO? I mean ... we can't ALL be town so someone has to be lying about something. And trying to figure out the jailer-doctor-roleblocker interaction is giving me quite a headache.

Also why the fuck did we have miller tracker without an alignment cop unless this is Manix's way of saying "stop rolespeccing"? >_>

Let me make that clear: If you understood my first violin/second violin post as being a target crumb at night (being the ballsy fucker I am), and let's say you were scum, WHY SHOULD THIS MAKE YOU CONFIRMED TOWN? ALL you knew at the time we were allowed to change targets was "Beethoven will target me tonight."

Hnngh is it possible for Reinbach to be a scum rolecop and Grillmaster is actually his buddy whom he cleared because it's LYLO? I mean ... we can't ALL be town so someone has to be lying about something. And trying to figure out the jailer-doctor-roleblocker interaction is giving me quite a headache.

Also why the fuck did we have miller tracker without an alignment cop unless this is Manix's way of saying "stop rolespeccing"? >_>

If we were scumbuddies, why would I not claim alignment cop? This would not only allow me to get an actual clear, but would be more easily accepted considering the existence of millers.

Insane Techniques, yeahno.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44441&p=2778718

Look at the timestamp.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44441&p=2778068

Look at the timestamp.

There's 3 hours and 13 minutes left in the phase, and I am not going to be around again. If neither host is present, talk as much as you want. Actions can't be changed after deadline, however.

There were over 3 hours and 30 minutes between that post and the post in which I claimed my night action. Therefore,

A Scum Insane Techniques could not have changed their actions despite catching on to my crumb.

hot wheels did you roll arsonist again

idk did you get cult recruited again? (also arsonist by itself couldnt cause lylo)

insane is confirmed town fhpov (other than just via his role pm) because you jailkeeping him means either that you blocked a kill on him or grillmaster blocked a kill on him. plus what he just said I guess.

this is what I don't get: if the purpose of this setup is to punish rolespec, then why is there no cop claim? like if I were manix designing this type of setup, after the double millers and tailor, I would give mafia or cult leader or whomever the anti-town is a cop fakeclaim. but there's just no cop at all, so what's the point of the double millers and tailor in the first place? manix would have to know that most experienced players getting those roles would all claim asap and that generally would cause less chance of a mislynch even with an early CC.

reinbach, scum goons are way less common than town vanillas and there's no evidence that that even played into your thought process. but I guess your point that you could have claimed cop is a good one. you were the last player to claim and knew 100% there wasn't a town cop even if manix hadn't given it as a fake

Okay. I'm going to try to make sense of IT, Grillmaster, and Beethoven's roles and actions.

N1: IT => Dragonite; Grillmaster => IT; Beethoven => Grillmaster

N2: IT => Fluffy; Grillmaster => IT; Beethoven => IT

Assuming all three are legit and not lying about their actions and their actions were successful (and that scum can kill), IT could not have been the source of the no-kill on N1 because Dragonite is confirmed town. Beethoven would have stopped Grillmaster from carrying out his action, which would leave Beethoven as the source of the no-kill.

On N2, both Grillmaster and Beethoven targeted IT. IT blocked Fluffy, but if Beethoven's actions are legit and succeeded then IT cannot be the source of the no-kill because he was jailed. However, if scum tried to kill IT then Beethoven's jail would have stopped it. (Jail also stops doctor, but whatever.) Beethoven would again be the source of the kill, one way or another.

No matter how hard I look at it, if scum can actually kill then someone has to be lying about something because the current claims and actions say that Beethoven is the only one who could've stopped a no-kill if his action was successful on N1 and scum either tried to kill IT or is IT on N2. And since we're not informed of successes or failures or if we got redirected or stuff like that this is even more annoying to figure out.

If we were scumbuddies, why would I not claim alignment cop? This would not only allow me to get an actual clear, but would be more easily accepted considering the existence of millers.

Ugh ... that's a good point ...

I don't even know what to think anymore.