Dragonite, VT, lynched D2

The Grillmaster, claimed Doctor

Fluffy Platypus, claimed VT

Eiki Shiki, claimed compulsive tailor

Beethoven, claimed Jailkeeper

Insane Techniques, claimed Roleblocker

Reinbach, claimed Rolecop

Hot Wheels, claimed Miller

If we're going with Arsonist then Hot Wheels sticks out--he's the only person who's claiming a non-vanilla role that doesn't actually do anything, given the lack of a cop. Actually, HW sticks out even if it's a scumteam. Ike had Miller Tracker but HW just has Miller? And there's not even a cop? <insert host WIFOM of "would Manix do that shit just to throw us off">

If we want to assume a standard scumteam with a kill, I'd guess that Eiki is scum and Reinbach is town--or at least, they're probably on opposite sides (unless ROLE MADNESS).

...Hey what if there are 2 1-man scumteams who can joint win but each have their own kill and we've stopped 4 kills not 2? Let's consider that too because this shit is bananas. Alternatively, everyone is town and this game was always going to end at the end of D3.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not a good point lol, rolecop is better evidence for grill's towniness because godfathers exist

i think grill is scum on rolespec whatever. tailor!fluffy for his buddy because tunneling is cool

Wait what? Tailor!fluffy? Eiki, perhaps?

Anyway, this frustrates me because come on, rolespec at this point? I can't even defend against this, but like, no

jailer is normally just hook + doc, not hook + omniguard. jail wouldn't have blocked the doc, though both would have blocked a potential nk on insane.

Oh, all right. Regardless, the point remains that if all actions are truthful and successful IT was either the source of the kill or the target of the kill.

Grillmaster, in the case of a "standard scumteam" why am I scum and Reinbach town?

The he-could-have-claimed-cop thing, I think, is a really good argument for towniness. Although he did make it himself, so, WIFOM?

By that logic I can argue the why-would-I-claim-tailor thing right back at you.

Anyway IT the reason I was persistent is that I crumbed my role early: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44441&p=2766041

"I would have them jailed," "but enough about me."

Reinbach's argument weakens his claim, yes.

I don't think it possible that Town has two protective roles, on top of Grillmaster's scummy behaviour and his absurd not telegraphed swap from "IT is the scums" to "IT is so Town I have to Doc him." Especially in light of his first response to my claim being "how do you know someone else wasn't responsible?"

CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:

If you are a Town Doctor.

And someone claims Jailer.

Would your first response be, "Maybe someone else blocked the kill!", or would it be, "FUCK YOU, I am a Doctor, there's NO WAY we have two protective roles"?

grillmaster, you complaining about rolespec is pretty ironic, not just because of your previous case on me but because of #326. you think I wasn't super pissed when iketani flipped as having a non-miller role in addition to miller? that was also part of why I voted her on d1 but I never said that explicitly because I didn't want to clue the mafia into knowing I didn't have anything else if they didn't suspect it.

reinbach is more likely to be town because even if people wanted to argue godfather grillmaster, who would really have disbelieved a cop claim after two millers and a tailor? even if his buddy grill had gotten lynched he could have still coasted fairly easily to a win. wifom is a thing I guess but that just seems like a lot of unnecessary effort.

And where the actual fuck is Fluffy Platypus anyway? He just claimed and disappeared. Seriously? >_>

Sorry, I had to do other things. Like eat, for instance.

So, from what I'm reading, someone is lying; Jailkeeper, Roleblocker & Doctor seems too strong for town to have IMO, ergo I suspect it's one of Beethoven, Grill & IT who's full of it, which in turn would give good associative reads if we lynch one of them. Alternately, all three are full of shit and we've found our scumteam, but this seems ridiculously unlikely.

Ergo, I'm going with the first scenario. I've also been re-reading Grill's ISO, and I'm still confident he's scum. Doctor seems useless if there's so many shields, so the doctor claim seems like a convenient fakeclaim to sound townie, because let's face it, town wouldn't want to lynch the doctor.

I don't even know about Shiki and Reinbach. And why the hell does HW have Miller and nothing else? Seems useless, IMO, with so few investigative roles in this setup.

You didn't have literally every other person's claims when you were claiming.

As a scum tailor, why would I WANT to claim tailor in the first place? And even if I'm scum but not actually a tailor, it's not exactly a common role (even if we're playing a Manix game, how many people would automatically think of a tailor), plus I'd be drawing unwanted attention to myself.

So, from what I'm reading, someone is lying; Jailkeeper, Roleblocker & Doctor seems too strong for town to have IMO, ergo I suspect it's one of Beethoven, Grill & IT who's full of it

seeing as they are the jailkeeper, doctor, and roleblocker, this would make sense... if you think grillmaster is scum, do you think that reinbach is lying or do you think that there is scum doctor?

it's not a good point lol, rolecop is better evidence for grill's towniness because godfathers exist

Godfather makes a cop claim even more appealing if we were scumbuddies, because I wouldn't be obvious scum for claiming an INNO on him.

But enough about me (I never thought I'd say those words).

Reinbach, who do you think the mafias are?

I'm ashamed to say it, but the announcement of LYLO has really thrown my reads for a loop. As far as claims are concerned, I'm inclined to believe Beethoven, considering even if everyone is speaking the truth, he's the only one who could have stopped a kill D1? I don't like how FP up and ran away, and I have this gut feeling on Hot Wheels that's bothering the hell out of me, although I suspect a large part of it is due to rolespec...And I'm not all too fond of rolespec, all things considered. And then there's the question of how exactly is it LYLO...

Grillmaster, in the case of a "standard scumteam" why am I scum and Reinbach town?

I am curious as well, considering your role basically functions as a miller for my role.

The he-could-have-claimed-cop thing, I think, is a really good argument for towniness. Although he did make it himself, so, WIFOM?

It's an argument against you and I being scumbuddies, nothing more, nothing less. Make of my towniness what you will.

seeing as they are the jailkeeper, doctor, and roleblocker, this would make sense... if you think grillmaster is scum, do you think that reinbach is lying or do you think that there is scum doctor?

I'm not sure which one's more likely at this point. With the way this setup seems to be, a scum doctor would not shock me at all just to fuck with rolespec.

I feel like I'm still missing something here. Maybe if I re-read Rein's ISO, I'll get a better idea of which way I stand on those two.

imo: turbo lynch the next person who asks "Why would I claim X as scum?"

Why would I claim X as scum -- *shot*

I can't help but read Grillmaster's defense of Reinbach as being partly fueled by Reinbach clearing him. The unexplained town read on IT could be attributed to IT dropping his cases on Grillmaster in N1. He said he felt better about Dragonite as opposed to Fluffy in D2. Guess who Dragonite had dropped as scum earlier that phase?