FE8 HM Bows Only Revamp

ZemZem

Hey SF. I'm considering doing a redux of a previous run I did a playthrough of, which was this thread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31360.

The run itself, I feel, is pretty sloppy, and from doing other challenge runs (FE6 HM being a huge success.), I feel like giving this game another shot. Though this time around, I'll cover BOTH routes instead of just Ephraim's.

Yeah, they'll both retain the same bases. :P Also I don't think I'll consider using healers this run unlike the last, since they can be liabilities in certain maps (looking at you, Phantom Ship).

Also if I'm using only bows, Garcia and Ross can't be used, but they kind of blow, so not a big deal. Gerik, however, might be instapromoted to ranger right when he's recruited and would stick to bows.

if you actually want more units or something you could skirmish garcia up in like chapter 9, and switch the elysian whip chest to a hero crest so he'd just be joining at the start of chapter 9 as a 10/1 warrior or something, since as is you have like 5 units, and neimi would be like a 20/5 ranger or something when everyone else joined

lol yeah

Plus I'd promote Ross to pirate the first time due to the +1 SPD promo gain, and since pirates can branch to warriors, boom.

Also I'll probably give Ephraim and Eirika prf bows, IDK. Maybe I'll throw in a beacon bow somewhere.

Neimi. Eirika. Ephraim. Innes. This run is not worth it unless you use future bow users which kind of defeats the purpose no?

I say reclass Garcia to a level 1 Warrior and Gerik to a level 1 Ranger. Both with low bases but really high growths. Maybe reclass Seth too...

Or you could reclass everyone in the game to an archer and play it that way :P

Edited by Rah

Just train Ross and Garcia by letting them get attacked and healing repeatedly during skrimishes. 1 EXP per attack! Not hard at all!

Hack BEXP into the game

denied

Neimi. Eirika. Ephraim. Innes. This run is not worth it unless you use future bow users which kind of defeats the purpose no?

I say reclass Garcia to a level 1 Warrior and Gerik to a level 1 Ranger. Both with low bases but really high growths. Maybe reclass Seth too...

Or you could reclass everyone in the game to an archer and play it that way :P

This run is most definitely worth it.

I'm thinking of reclassing Seth because of this, though, not bad. Having everyone be an archer would be...yeah, not my cup of tea. :P

Make it an actual Bows only like my FE12 run or else. No hand axes until bows or any of that crap.

That's what I was gonna do from the get-go. Silly PKL.