I need help and support for Chapter 19

renegadeandy

yahoo - wow chapter 23 was tough. I now have a team of 6!

1/Chrom - Great Knight - Level 7

2/Andy - Ava - Sorcerer - Level 11 (this saved my ass!)

3/Panne - Taguel - Level 13 - Now got beaststone+ excited to try it out!

4/Gregor - Bow Knight - Level 19

5/Basilio - Warrior - Level 10 (Cannot believe hes here!)

6/Flavia - Hero - Level 10

From now on, all the chapters are Kill Boss, so I'd advise making a beeline for them and ignoring everything else. The bosses all have weaknesses as well, so you shouldn't need any more exp than you already have.

If you got your 3ds before the price drop, FE8 (Sacred Stones) is one of the ambassador games, and I'd recommend giving it a try. It would also be worth your time to replay Awakening without letting your units die- every time you get two units to an S support, an extra chapter with an extra character opens up.

Yeah! I really enjoyed it too - was a mental challenge though, i threw in almost 21 hours of gameplay into it.

Congrats!

Since you have FE8 already, it should definitely be your next game (and it's fairly similar to Awakening in that it has branching promotions, a world map, skirmishes...), but don't forget that Awakening has a ton of replay value for subsequent playthroughs, especially if you marry your units.

Congratulations on beating your first Fire Emblem game in a situation where most people would have given up! I have to agree with the previous poster. There is still a lot of content for you to discover in Awakening thanks to all the children characters, support conversations and post-game DLC, if it's your thing. I've had this game for nearly a year and I'm still playing it and I plan to play it for a very long time to see all it has to offer(including the higher difficulties. Don't know if I'm masochistic enough for Lunatic+ yet)

Grats, man. FE is definitely a tough title for newcomers to the series, and props to you for going through with it.

FE8 is one of the lower difficulty FEs there so it should be able to help you ease more into the series (but don't feel bad if you die there--we all did at some point). I hope you have fun with it!

It would help, though, to restart the chapter when you lose a person, just so you'll still have a sizable team left. There's no harm in trying new strategies to beat the chapter with less people dying. Just for future reference. Totally cool if you don't want to, though.

Awakening has 4 difficulty modes- Normal, Hard, Lunatic, and Lunatic+. Each one can be played on Casual (you can save mid-battle and dead units return at the end of each map) or Classic (what you played). To unlock Lunatic+, you need to beat Lunatic, but if you only beat Lunatic Casual you'll only unlock Lunatic+ on Casual.

That said, Hard mode is a small increase from Normal, Lunatic is a huge increase from Hard, and Lunatic+ is completely unfair. To be perfectly honest, playing them makes it feel like Normal is actually Easy, Hard is actually Normal, and the game skips Hard and just throws Lunatic at you. The main differences between Normal and Hard are that enemies have a little more attack and HP, have forged weapons later in the game, and the big one: reinforcements move as soon as they appear, without giving you a turn to react to them. Your units also grow a little slower after reclassing several times, but there are a few more enemies so the EXP mostly balances out.

So basically Hard is your "medium higher difficulty". You'll be fine as long as you don't throw your money away, don't try to train too many units, keep your important ones alive, and recruit a few of the children.

Some tips for FE8:

Bosses (and certain enemies in cht.18) give crazy amounts of exp in this game, so much that you can just give Seth every boss kill and he'll stay up with the rest of your team (despite gaining practically no exp from scrubs), ready to do anything when you need help (and his help is pretty incredible).

After a few chapters, the game forks, and you get to choose whether to accompany Eirika (the starting lord) or Ephraim (playable in cht.5x and 8). After a few more chapters, they join up and you get to use both of them. Unlike Awakening, Sacred Stones has plot promotions (your lords can promote after a certain point in the story). These promotion points occur shortly after the lords rejoin. Because there are no Second Seals in Sacred Stones, your units will have the highest stats if you get them to Lv.20 before promoting them. Thus, in the first few chapters you should focus on packing exp into whatever lord you aren't going with, so they can promote immediately (assuming you want to use them both later, which is advisable because they have very strong prf weapons.

Thieves have the ability to steal held items in this game (items, not weapons). As long as they're faster than their target, you can walk up and use the steal command to grab stuff. Usually, this will get you vulneraries (which you can sell for cash), but occasionally there are gems (bullion) and two bosses even have powerful defensive items that you can steal to weaken them. But be careful, because enemy thieves can and will steal from you.

Manaketes are weak to arrows in this game. Keep that in mind, or you could get mauled.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi