Can someone please explain me the warning system?

Nobody

So, I just received my first ten warning points. I'm not complaining, they were deserved. But now, I don't understand how the warnings work. I tried reading the code of conduit, but it didn't help, since it talks about a warning bar rather than points.

Those 10 points will disappear by 04/18, but what do they mean? Are they 10% of the warning bar? If not, what's the equivalent of them in the warning bar?

Yeah, the CoC reflects a sort of old system. You should have PMed me about this, by the way, but it's out there so eh.

Basically, there's a hundred point integer scale. Mods have discretion to decide how much a warning is worth, but typically we go for ~10 points for a spam warn, ~20 for hostility and so on, with increasing penalties for increasing badness. At certain points, the forum recommends punishment, but the mods are free to override this and ban somebody with 1% warn forever/etc.

That's pretty much all there is to it. The expiration thing means that the points will disappear on their own on a certain date. Previously, we had to manually remove points for warns that happened years ago. Hell, we still have people on the site with ancient warns that got converted to 1-point warns that nobody has gone ahead and removed.

Yeah, the CoC reflects a sort of old system. You should have PMed me about this, by the way, but it's out there so eh.

Basically, there's a hundred point integer scale. Mods have discretion to decide how much a warning is worth, but typically we go for ~10 points for a spam warn, ~20 for hostility and so on, with increasing penalties for increasing badness. At certain points, the forum recommends punishment, but the mods are free to override this and ban somebody with 1% warn forever/etc.

That's pretty much all there is to it. The expiration thing means that the points will disappear on their own on a certain date. Previously, we had to manually remove points for warns that happened years ago. Hell, we still have people on the site with ancient warns that got converted to 1-point warns that nobody has gone ahead and removed.

"the forum recommends punishment" are settings Jyo and I created to help you guys, lol. If someone gets to a certain warn level we have pre-set punishments we've suggested the moderators give, but of course it is optional so if you don't believe they deserve that then you can choose not to.

Anyway, points go from 1-100 so 10 points is 10% of your warn bar, yes. We used to have a bar before the forum upgrade, I didn't realize the CoC referenced it so I'll have to do some editing.

I think we should go from a warn-system to a Phoenix Wright-styled court system involving the use of cool one-liners and weird crimes with crazy twists.

All in favor say "DOWN WITH THE OPPRESSIVE DICTATORSHIP". Or "aye". Both're cool. :>

I heard from a friend's friend that there's a user with 666 warning points

apparently if you don't say your prayers every night then he will eat your toes while you sleep!

Edited by Esme

I think we should go from a warn-system to a Phoenix Wright-styled court system involving the use of cool one-liners and weird crimes with crazy twists.

All in favor say "DOWN WITH THE OPPRESSIVE DICTATORSHIP". Or "aye". Both're cool. :>

WHO WILL BE THE DEFENCE LAWYERS.

I heard from a friend's friend that there's a user with 666 warning points

apparently if you don't say your prayers every night then he will eat your toes while you sleep!

That's my friend's friend's uncle's dog's cousin's owner...

Anything you'd like me to tell him?

lemme tell you from experience, warning points dont disappear ever

i still have warning points i got in 2011

That's because they were manual expiration back then and you haven't asked a mod about it lol. We have over 7000 members, we can't possibly find everyone who has warns stuck on the old expiration system manually.

edit: I removed your old warns. Not too haaaard, huh?

Edited by Tangerine

HOLD IT!

TAKE THAT!

SILENCE!

That's because they were manual expiration back then and you haven't asked a mod about it lol. We have over 7000 members, we can't possibly find everyone who has warns stuck on the old expiration system manually.

edit: I removed your old warns. Not too haaaard, huh?

omfg yes now im two points further away from getting banned

I'm amazed at how I still don't have a single warning point after 5 years of being here and making terrible topics

You also have a habit of disappearing for extended periods of time.

And to be fair, you aren't as awful as you used to be.

HOLD IT!

TAKE THAT!

SILENCE!

I heard that Phoenix Wright's wonky legal system in the game is actually supposed to be based on Japan's supposedly similarly odd proceedings. I've always wished some of our classes would cover such topics, I'm wondering if I should try taking some next semester along with the second half of my third year courses.

You also have a habit of disappearing for extended periods of time.

And to be fair, you aren't as awful as you used to be.

Well I just acted... my age really... and I still act my age, I'm just a bit older that's all