"Canon" Decisions.

Airship Canon

Pressing Start to skip a decision scene and then R to review the dialogue at the next chance reveals something... namely the game picks for you.

It's not controlled by an RNG [Tested that by redoing chapters repeatedly, checking each time (Ok, to be fair I only did that with Chapter 21, but the consistency from that made it clear it wasn't a 50/50 RNG at the very least)], and it's not the same choice across the board.

...The cursor always starts at "No" too.

Main Story:

Sacrifice Emmeryn: No.

Accept Lucina's Judgment: Yes. [it's Yes for all 3 of them too-- so either Robin really wants to die, or...]

Promise not to sacrifice yourself: Yes.

Submit to Grima: No.

Chrom Delivers the Final Blow: -Cannot be Skipped, so cannot be determined-

DLC:
Lyn, Marth, Ike, and Seliph are all "Yes/Yes", so it's either they're all yes, which would graciously not prove anything, or I've just not hit any "No"s.

When you see Robin's personality across the game, I think that all of those make sense. For the final blow against grima I think that the most probable to be "canon" would be Robin doing it.

I actually find it funny that the only one you can't skip is the only one that might actually change more than just dialogue.

Might be region dependent then.

When you see Robin's personality across the game, I think that all of those make sense. For the final blow against grima I think that the most probable to be "canon" would be Robin doing it.

I actually find it funny that the only one you can't skip is the only one that might actually change more than just dialogue.

Anything that changes more than the dialogue can't be skipped. You can't skip the Recruit Yes/No, you can't skip the Apo decisions.

Might be region dependent then.

I just checked with my English copy. It's "Yes" there.

Edit: Second report for Japanese copy:

It's a "Yes" for Male MU for married Lucina.

"No" if he's not.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm really irked by that.

If anyone was going to say "No" to Lucina, why the HELL was it her mother?

I can only think that perhaps, even if the reason is to save the world, she doesn't want her daughter having to go through the act of killing her own mother? And perhaps present!Lucina also crossed her mind, wouldn't want to have her grow up without a mother either...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Eirika was No/Yes, but so far outside of that, all of the Einherjar are Yes/Yes. (Only have to to RaR now. Challenge ones are recruit asks only.)

Is the "Skip" choice the same as the choice the cursor is initially placed on?

The cursor defaults to "No" for all decisions.

Edited by Airship Canon

All my answers were "no", and I firmly believe them to be the canon, although it's controversial not to let Lucina kill you yet not promise to Chrom you won't kill yourself.

But it depends a lot on what you do to the game. The one pairing for the male Avatar I believe to be canon, which is Lucina, might make the choice of letting her kill you make more sense, as Rey stated in another thread.

Actually, screw it. This game's canon is what you make it out to be. Another reason to love Awakening. Pretty sure IS won't revisit the game's storyline in future titles anyway, other than easter eggs.

I understand why the other options lead to the same events, but I wish the Submit to Grima choice would follow what the Avatar chooses (ie, he/she and Grima unite), leading to a third ending on which the Avatar recovers consciousness right before the final blow and kills him/herself.