SSB4 Stages Discussion

riariadne

Alright, so there was a topic about stages before here, but it's a page back and pretty old and I felt like making this topic. If a mod thinks that closing this and using that one/ merging these two would be more acceptable, okay.

In any case we've seen a few more stages since then. So far, Battlefield's in both games. For 3DS there's Arena Ferox, Gerudo Valley, the Spirit Train, and a few unnamed stages from Find Mii, Kid Icarus Uprising, Nintendogs, Super Mario, and somewhere unknown. On the Wii U there's Dr. Wily's Castle, the Garden of Hope, Mario Galaxy, the Pyrosphere, Skyloft, the Windy Hill Zone, Wuhu Island, and some more unnamed stages from Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, and the boxing arena.

This leaves a lot of stages spots still open. We haven't seen a single Pokemon stage yet, for one, which is pretty surprising- we'll probably see a cool XY stage for the 3DS version, and maybe Pokemon Stadium 3 for console or something. What stages do you guys expect or hope to see? I posted about a Tower of Guidance stage for the Wii U version here. Probably the stage I would like to see most would be Outer Haven from Metal Gear Solid 4 if Snake returns, or perhaps something from the upcoming Metal Gear Solid V, which is the most likely scenario if we see Snake back I think.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_confirmed_stages_in_Super_Smash_Bros._4 also this is pretty good for stage info and stuff

Edited by Reinfleche

New stage predictions per series:
Mario:

Super Paper Mario Stage (Wii U)
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story Stage (3DS)

Rainbow Road from Mario Kart (Both Version)

Zelda:
Another Wind Waker Stage (Dragoonroot Island) (Wii U)

Metroid:
Metroid Prime 3 Stage

Fire Emblem:
Something from Radiant Dawn (Tower of Guidance Works) (Wii U)
Archanea Stage for both versions

Kid Icarus:
Scrolling Skyworld Stage (from NES Kid Icarus) (Wii U)

Star Fox:
Sector Z (3DS)
Katina (Wii U)

My most wanted stage would be Rainbow Road for existing series.

My most wanted stage for an unannounced newcomer would be the Venus Lighthouse for the Golden Series.

pretty much all i want to see stageways is the Battle of Belhalla. seriously it'd translate pretty damn well to SSB: fight by scaling the battlements of Belhalla while being bombarded by fire and meteor spells, perhaps with a spot of collapsible platforms destroyed by these hazards

no i don't care that FE4 is old and not currently relevant; if we can get a stage for Spirit Tracks of all things, then we can get a FE4 stage. it'd be a nice change from FE4/5 getting literally zero acknowledgement in Brawl, and it'd be a hell of a better idea than the fucking Arena Ferox (seriously there are so many more appropriate settings for a SSB stage in FE13 alone, to say nothing of the other five handheld FEs, than that)

pretty much all i want to see stageways is the Battle of Belhalla. seriously it'd translate pretty damn well to SSB: fight by scaling the battlements of Belhalla while being bombarded by fire and meteor spells, perhaps with a spot of collapsible platforms destroyed by these hazards

no i don't care that FE4 is old and not currently relevant; if we can get a stage for Spirit Tracks of all things, then we can get a FE4 stage. it'd be a nice change from FE4/5 getting literally zero acknowledgement in Brawl, and it'd be a hell of a better idea than the fucking Arena Ferox (seriously there are so many more appropriate settings for a SSB stage in FE13 alone, to say nothing of the other five handheld FEs, than that)

well ice climbers is an old game but they got their own stadium so anything is possible

I personally want to see a few things.

One of the Bowser Airships or heck a Bowsers Castle stage, A Golden Sun themed Lighthouse stage, The Great Bridge between Crimea and Daein, Ness's Nightmare, Maridia (Metroid Water Area), Stone Tower Temple (Zelda)

to be fair, Spirit Tracks was the latest Zelda game for the DS. But a Battle of Belhalla stage would be awesome.

I think an FE4/5 character should at least get a trophy.

Arena Ferox is very iconic with in the context of Awakening (it's where you meet Lucina for the first time) and it's featured in all the ads. I feel like the 3DS is definitely getting less ambitious stages.

If they are going to go all in with the Majora's Mask stuff (we just got Skull Kid as an AT), Nintendo might as well give us clocktown.

to be fair, Spirit Tracks was the latest Zelda game for the DS. But a Battle of Belhalla stage would be awesome.

I think an FE4/5 character should at least get a trophy.

Arena Ferox is very iconic with in the context of Awakening (it's where you meet Lucina for the first time) and it's featured in all the ads. I feel like the 3DS is definitely getting less ambitious stages.

If they are going to go all in with the Majora's Mask stuff (we just got Skull Kid as an AT), Nintendo might as well give us clocktown.

well you meet lucina at chapter 2 but everything else is right Edited by JasonMendez