Great job Mathew GREAT FREAKING JOB.

Masu

I cannot even say how much this guy pisses me off. I would almost leave him dead but Its against my rules to leave units to die in Fire Emblem (Unless they just suck........like MICAIAH but obviously you cant leave her dead)

In my 3 hour class that I have only been in for an hour and a half so far, I have restarted chapter 13 OVER TEN TIMES ALREADY FOR ONE REASON:MATHEW.

This bastard sucks so much! He gets criticaled by EVERYONE WHO ATTACKS HIM. LITERALLY. Any enemy who attacked him that had a chance for critical, HAS CRITICALED HIM. It got to one point where my Lvl 4 rebecca got to 10 strength since she got uber level ups and I used dorcas' power ring on her, next phase, MATHEW DIES.

I cant take more of this, im already fuming pissed at FE and im getting Radiant Dawn back tonight and some already remember how much I rant about that. Im gonna friggin explode if Mist starts pulling Mathews..............

Im giving him three more chances. If he dies after that, HE STAYS DEAD DAMN IT AND I'LL WAIT FOR LEGAULT!

STRIKE ONE.

Edited by MaSu

FAIL It's spelled Matthew

Seriously though... How!?! Matthew almost never dies for me! He is the one doing the criticals. He never gets hit, is fairly good at killing all my enemies, despite his low strength, and in every playthrough has been a reliable staple in my force. I can let my Matthew go run around the level on his own, and he wouldn't die. Pair him up with another unit that has supports, and he's fricking Jesus for me. I guess he hates you?

Maybe Faiya's just better with thieves. Everyone seems to have some unit that turns out better than others. Like a personal affinity.

Probably. I was never good with thieves.

Chad-FAIL

Cath-FAIL

Mathew-FAIL

Colm-FAIL

Rennac-FAIL

Sothe-FAIL

Volke-Theres no way to fail with Volke

RD Sothe-JEIGAN.

Thats how thieves are for me.

Then again I tend to get uber versions of chars most ppl say suck, like TORMOD!

Chad-FAIL

Cath-FAIL

Mathew-FAIL

Colm-FAIL

Rennac-FAIL

Sothe-FAIL

RD Sothe-JEIGAN.

If you failed with Volke, Fireman would probably gut you.

Maybe...but your lords end up sucking as compensation.

Maybe Faiya's just better with thieves. Everyone seems to have some unit that turns out better than others. Like a personal affinity.

That might be true, seeing as all my thieves turn out AMAZING. That's kinda cool! Who would your person be?

OIY!!! How can you make Colm suck!?! Colm is amazing! Oh wait, I'm the thief guy... Right...

Edited by Faiya

That might be true, seeing as all my thieves turn out AMAZING. That's kinda cool! Who would your person be?

OIY!!! How can you make Colm suck!?! Colm is amazing! Oh wait, I'm the thief guy... Right...

See here.

Chad-FAIL Thief utility and potential combat ability against axe users

Cath-FAIL Thief utility

Mathew-FAIL Thief utility, excellent support list, and gets you the Silver Card, making the Funds rank A possible

Colm-FAIL Thief utility, which becomes excellent as a Rouge, and combat ability, thanks to weak enemies

Rennac-FAIL Rouge utility, which is nowhere near fail

Sothe-FAIL Free stealing, if nothing else :mellow:

RD Sothe-JEIGAN. silly prepromote prejudicist, he makes Part 1 survivable in Hard Mode, along with thief utility (even though it's not as frequent in this game)

Really, your definition of fail is fail, to be perfectly blunt. Please don't tell me you expect thieves to be amazing in combat. Thieves aren't supposed to be these super amazing combat units that never die, their jobs are to steal, so you get items for free.

FAIL It's spelled Matthew

[sarcasm]yes, get the spelling right![/sarcasm] But in all seriousness, I've always hated when people spell my name with one "t", but if that's how you wanna spell it, that's fine with me

On topic, Matthew has always been a little better than ok, not quite as good as legault, but good enough for me to use all the way through. My thieves usually do well overall. I guess you just get RNG screwed with thieves...

It looks like you have a problem keeping Thieves alive. As the others have said, let them steal stuff and pick locks. They can do stuff no other unit can. So they are nowhere near fail. You shouldn't be using him much in battle anyway.

Chad-FAIL

Cath-FAIL

Mathew-FAIL

Colm-FAIL

Rennac-FAIL

Sothe-FAIL

RD Sothe-JEIGAN.

Tormod is good O.o

I don't know - I never had a problem with Matthew. He OK, then again, I made sure to have him last-hit the crap out of people in Lyn's story to level him up and make him less worthless. I thought he was going to be my long-term thief, but it ended up that Legault was much much better.

My Matthew usually turns out pretty bad too. His growths are either terrible or every time I get RNG screwed. Just keep him a good 3 spaces behind your main group so he doesn`t get attacked and use him for chests/doors. Legault is far superior so soon you`ll never have to look at smelly old Matty again.

If he keeps dying, then don't place him in a situation where he would get attacked. It's not hard to keep a thief protected. =/

That it what I thought <_<

Edited by Dark Sage