31 members have voted

1. 1. Eliwood and...

• Ninian (Canon duh)
    • Fiora (The flower thing)
  2. 2. Hector and...

• Florina d'aw!
    • Lyn! It makes so much sense.

Everyone from Sacae looks the same.

Karel and Lyn don't look alike, and he's Sacaean last time I checked.

Really, it would be pointless to make all characters from a nationality look the same. Bern and Lycia avert this, and it's believable.

No HectorxFarina love?

mofack.

It's the only Hector pairing I'll gladly accept as canon due to being a FlorinaxLynxRath OT3 shipper (I can make it work, dammit).

Ninian/Eliwood too because supplemental shit plus Fiora's better paired elsewhere (i.e, Kent).

No HectorxFarina love?

mofack.

It's the only Hector pairing I'll gladly accept as canon due to being a FlorinaxLynxRath OT3 shipper (I can make it work, dammit).

Ninian/Eliwood too because supplemental shit plus Fiora's better paired elsewhere (i.e, Kent).

0+1 Support says hi.

Lyn is 0+3

Florina is 5+2.

And you sometimes can't recruit Farina.

Karel and Lyn don't look alike, and he's Sacaean last time I checked.

Except Lyn's only half-Sacaen since Madelyn is Hausen's daughter, ergo she wouldn't entirely look Sacaen, unlike the others. Guy/Rath/Karel all look quite similar facial structure-wise as full-blooded Sacaens, and Karla's pretty similar-looking too (at least, in terms of Karel & Guy).

0+1 Support says hi.

Lyn is 0+3

Florina is 5+2.

And you sometimes can't recruit Farina.

Yeah, but remember: Farina's only recruitable in Hector Mode. Ergo, I consider that pairing canon since I assume that we accept her & Karla's involvement in the conflict of the game as a whole as canon, correct?

Therefore, Hector Mode is the canon mode, and HectorxFarina can easily be considered his "canon" pair.

None of them is correct.

what are you doing here this isn't about LTC strats

Edited by Polydeuces

Except Lyn's only half-Sacaen since Madelyn is Hausen's daughter, ergo she wouldn't entirely look Sacaen, unlike the others. Guy/Rath/Karel all look quite similar facial structure-wise as full-blooded Sacaens, and Karla's pretty similar-looking too (at least, in terms of Karel & Guy).

Yeah, but remember: Farina's only recruitable in Hector Mode. Ergo, I consider that pairing canon since I assume that we accept her & Karla's involvement in the conflict of the game as a whole as canon, correct?

Therefore, Hector Mode is the canon mode, and HectorxFarina can easily be considered the canon mode.

True, but Eliwood is still the main protagonist. Logically, it makes more sense for Eliwood mode to be canon for that reason, in my opinion. And you still can't change their slower growth.

Guy and Karel look far from alike.

True, but Eliwood is still the main protagonist. Logically, it makes more sense for Eliwood mode to be canon for that reason, in my opinion. And you still can't change their slower growth.

Guy and Karel look far from alike.

Eliwood/Ninian is still canon, and even despite Hector Mode (IMO) being canon, Eliwood still dominates the story as the primary protagonist, which I'm not disputing. That said, Eliwood mode being canon dismisses two playable characters from canon (Farina & Karla) that Hector Mode has exclusively, plus Hector Mode is the only way to gather up Nergal's backstory.

Their slower growth means jack shit in the grand scheme of it all, because it's perfectly understandable why they'd be so slow to get along; they're very similar personality-wise, and thus they're a bit leery of each other (that, and Hector had to pay 20 grand for her services, plus Farina's likely initially worried about falling for a client). Their A support sounds no less romantic than his A with Florina or even Lyn; in fact, the B/A supports are much more romantic compared to any other in the game aside from Eliwood/Ninian and Nino/Jaffar.

And you're probably just looking at their art, which is kinda... eh. Their mug sprites look quite similar facially (ignoring the hair).

Rath's kinda off in terms of that theory, though he does look a bit like Karel.

Re: Sacaens looking the same

It is worth pointing out that Karel and Karla's ancestors were not from Sacae or Elibe in general.

Where'd this come from? This pretty much augments how this argument looks.

Just because they don't show up doesn't mean they don't exist.

Romantic-ness of supports is less relevant than numbers, since supports only MAY happen. Keep Lyn, Florina and Farina next to Hector as if they are going to Triangle him, Lyn comes first. Rath/Lyn and Eliwood/Lyn even have at least a bit of non-support evidence. Using supports between the characters in question as evidence isn't a good argument.

Just because they don't show up doesn't mean they don't exist.

Romantic-ness of supports is less relevant than numbers, since supports only MAY happen. Keep Lyn, Florina and Farina next to Hector as if they are going to Triangle him, Lyn comes first. Rath/Lyn and Eliwood/Lyn even have at least a bit of non-support evidence. Using supports between the characters in question as evidence isn't a good argument.

Says the one who's trying to use numbers to justify Hector/Lyn.

And anyways, that scenario you're detailing wouldn't be possible to have happen outside of Hector Mode due to Farina not existing in Eliwood Mode, which would mean that, as a HM-exclusive character, her being able to marry Hector makes the most sense.

Hector/Florina literally does not make sense whatsoever due to how their supports go (and you are NOT debating this with me, the Hector/Florina supports are straight-up BAD), and Hector/Lyn exists as little more than a "lol pair teh lords" support that just so happens to lead to marriage. Same with Eliwood/Lyn, which doesn't even give an indicator as to how either party feels of the other. The most romantic of the Lord/Lord supports is Eliwood/Hector and their bromance.

Besides, if we're going off of what appears to be your personal theory that everyone who had a parent from the FE7 cast had their other parent as a fellow party member (i.e, Wolt's father being Wil or Sain), then Sue debunks your theory entirely, as least as it pertains to Lyn being Lilina's mother.

See, in FE7, Rath only has one marriage option (Lyn), and Sue was obviously Rath's daughter. Therefore, unless you're pulling the 'generic village maiden' card on Sue's mother (which goes against your theory), Lyn cannot possibly end up with Hector because she's Rath's only option, and thus married Rath and had Sue.

I never said I was against generic village girls, heck, I specifically said that they were fine in my first post in this topic.

It's not impossible that Lilina's mom could be none of them. However, nobles usually don't interact with commoners, and Rath would be perfectly exposed to the other Kutolah. So I think it's more viable for Rath than Hector/Eliwood.

This being an argument over correctness, I tend to take things into account in this order:

Evidence in the story script of FE6> story script of FE7>support growth>the conversations themselves.

Given the extra scenes in Hector Mode, I haltingly support Hector x Lyn.

(fun fact: Get Karla and Bartre to A support for an ending that didn't carry over to FE6)

Where'd this come from? This pretty much augments how this argument looks.

Karla's supports with Farina do mention that Karla's and Karel's ancestors do come from a land outside of Sacae.

On a different note, as I keep saying, if we're to believe that the two Lord pairs that are given as much exposure as Lewyn/Fury and Chrom/Sumia get in their own games (hint: neither pair involves a anyone on a mount) are the most likely, then they're the most likely.

With that said, Farina doesn't even interact with Hector outisde of her (optional) recruitment and supports. Same with Florina, but replace "her (optional) recruitment" with "the beginning of Noble Lady of Caelin" and "one causual conversation during Noble Lady of Caelin". Rath does have more interaction with Lyn (roughly half of the dialogue in "Blood of Pride" and his re-recruitment (which is optional) in "Kinship's Bond".), but honestly? When their interaction is compared with the amount of Ship Tease Hector/Lyn gets? Sorry, but I just don't see how Rath/Lyn is the most likely.

Well one fourth probably wouldn't really do much, anyways.

Yet Morgan can be a Manakete, even if she's Nowi's granddaughter. Edited by Just call me Al

Karla's supports with Farina do mention that Karla's and Karel's ancestors do come from a land aside from Sacae.

On a different note, as I keep saying, if we're to believe that the two pairs that are given as much exposure as Lewyn/Fury and Chrom/Sumia get in their own games (hint: neither pair involves a pegasus knight) are the most likely, then they're the most likely.

With that said, Farina doesn't even interact with Hector outisde of her (optional) recruitment and supports. Same with Florina, but replace "her (optional) recruitment" with "the beginning of Noble Lady of Caelin" and "one causual conversation during Noble Lady of Caelin". Rath does have more interaction with Lyn (roughly half of the dialogue in "Blood of Pride" and his re-recruitment (which is optional) in "Kinship's Bond".), but honestly? When their interaction is compared with the amount of Ship Tease Hector/Lyn gets? Sorry, but I just don't see how Rath/Lyn is the most likely.

Yet Morgan can be a Manakete, even if she's Nowi's granddaughter.

Florina's first look at Hector could be the Lyn story cameo. Rath/Lyn is probably tied with Hector/Lyn because of Sue. However, as much as I enjoy reading about the pairing, Hector/Farina is probably the least correct of the three. That was what I was trying to say, not 'Hector/Lyn is absolute canon.'

BTW Roy, what was your logic for the lack of Hector/Farina in the poll or have I already mentioned it? I mean, I get the lack of Lyn/Eliwood, but the line's definately more muddled with Hector because of Sue...

Florina's first look at Hector could be the Lyn story cameo. Rath/Lyn is probably tied with Hector/Lyn because of Sue. However, as much as I enjoy reading about the pairing, Hector/Farina is probably the least correct of the three. That was what I was trying to say, not 'Hector/Lyn is absolute canon.'

BTW Roy, what was your logic for the lack of Hector/Farina in the poll or have I already mentioned it? I mean, I get the lack of Lyn/Eliwood, but the line's definately more muddled with Hector because of Sue...

You pretty much covered what I'd say. Farina seems unimportant to me.

Rath/Lyn is probably tied with Hector/Lyn because of Sue. However, as much as I enjoy reading about the pairing, Hector/Farina is probably the least correct of the three. That was what I was trying to say, not 'Hector/Lyn is absolute canon.'

I don't really have anything regarding why Hector/Farina isn't brought up in this poll. Largely because I think it's about AS likely as Hector/Florina if not less. Even when considering the objective details present. I mean, both are pretty much Crack Pairings when it all boils down to it. (Well, Hector/Farina is less cracky than Hector/Florina, but they're both pairs involving casual acquaintences at best anyways.) Neither pair does have much going for it outside of supports and a truckload of subjective details anyways.

I honestly wouldn't say Rath/Lyn would be tied with Hector/Lyn because of Sue. Mainly because I don't feel like paired endings don't really mean much of anything, and that's pretty much the only objective thing that ties her to Lyn. But aside from that, I actually kinda see Sue being in the same boat Priam from FE13 is in. And by that I mean, fans are saying one thing that's easily debatable (e.g. Priam is Mist's descendant, Sue is Lyn's daughter.) primarily because there's really no confirmation in either case, and there's literally nothing suggesting the sources of the progenies that are Sue and Priam (read: Rath and Ike respecively) can't wind up with someone we never get to see in-game.

However, I did have a bit of a theory of sorts, regarding the possibility of Sue and Lilina being half sisters. But I never really paid attention to it. Mostly because Lyn, to me, doesn't seem the type to want to abandon her family in favor of someone else. I mean, I could see Lyn leaving her family to go to Sacae, but the soonest I could see that scenario happening would be around the time Zephiel decides to invade Sacae.

I don't really have anything regarding why Hector/Farina isn't brought up in this poll. Largely because I think it's about AS likely as Hector/Florina if not less. Even when considering the objective details present. I mean, both are pretty much Crack Pairings when it all boils down to it. (Well, Hector/Farina is less cracky than Hector/Florina, but they're both pairs involving casual acquaintences at best anyways.) Neither pair does have much going for it outside of supports and a truckload of subjective details anyways.

I honestly wouldn't say Rath/Lyn would be tied with Hector/Lyn because of Sue. Mainly because I don't feel like paired endings don't really mean much of anything, and that's pretty much the only objective thing that ties her to Lyn. But aside from that, I actually kinda see Sue being in the same boat Priam from FE13 is in. And by that I mean, fans are saying one thing that's easily debatable (e.g. Priam is Mist's descendant, Sue is Lyn's daughter.) primarily because there's really no confirmation in either case, and there's literally nothing suggesting the sources of the progenies that are Sue and Priam (read: Rath and Ike respecively) can't wind up with someone we never get to see in-game.

However, I did have a bit of a theory of sorts, regarding the possibility of Sue and Lilina being half sisters. But I never really paid attention to it. Mostly because Lyn, to me, doesn't seem the type to want to abandon her family in favor of someone else. I mean, I could see Lyn leaving her family to go to Sacae, but the soonest I could see that scenario happening would be around the time Zephiel decides to invade Sacae.

I wouldn't really compare Sue to Priam. Rath's only paired ending was with Lyn, which I find to be a reasonable arguement. However, the Mist/Ike decendant thing seems to be just a frantic attempt to continue to justify Ike/Soren, even though Mist did not leave Tellius and Ike did. The people on Tellius do not believe any other continents exist, and when Ike failed to return, they presumed him to be dead at sea and kept believing that. When in reality, Ike probably found himself and possibly Soren/Ranulf on Valm/Valentia and started a family there. I'm sorry, but the whole Mist decendant thing makes very little sense to me due to Tellian beliefs. Besides, the Mist Decendant thing requires Mist be married to a member of the series' worst class (yes, I consider fighters worse than archers) when Mist/Rolf is so much better.