FE8 Sequel in FE7?

Ziose0

My question i suppose is would this be a problem? I know there are differences between the two games hacking-wise and I've already made progress hacking FE7 so I thought I'd try to stick to what I know. However, other the the larger animation slot and the world map with roaming enemies, I wouldn't miss much right? Or is it not worth missing so much to do a sequel on FE8 anyways?

There's more documentation on FE7 hacking and apparently FE8 is more glitchy to hack (I haven't tried so I don't know) so it's probably best to just stick with 7. If you plan on having the overworld map and branching promotions return though, then you're better off using FE8 since it'd be way more work to implement those features in FE7.

Edited by ePamplemouss

I meant animations to insert over or use instead of having to expand the rom and make room to add more animations. or I think that's how that works. But with the exception of maybe summon and slayer they aren't need i suppose.

Edited by Ziose0

Expansion isn't such a huge deal. Honestly the only major things you give up are skills, a traversable world map, branched promotions and manaketes. If you're cool with not having those then stay with 7 because 8 is a bitch to hack especially when it comes to events

Well the only problem there is the fact that I was really wanting to incorporate manaketes...or at the very least Myrrh. So that may be an issue unless I just do without the transformation animation.