Awakening verdict updated + future past plans

Ike-Mike

Just now I have updated the verdict in my Awakening playlog. I did plenty of general proofreading corrections and added this:

Of course, after all this gushing I have to mention Awakening also has its drawbacks. For one, the inventory system introduced in Thracia and used in every game since is tried and ture and there was no need to switch it up like that. I guess they wanted to make it even quicker and more efficient, but the previous inventory system was quick and efficient enough. And speaking of inventory, instead of trudging through shops on the world map they should've reintroduced the base shop from the Tellius games. More and stronger weapons would be unlocked as you progress with the game. And lastly, as the game was very character-focused they left the world-building behind. I guess you could say the Akaneia games serves as its world-building already. Still, in Awakening only the country names and a few other places are mentioned, no cities, no towns, barely any provinces... You know this game lacks world-building when even Shadow Dragon beats it in that department!

Now that the Miiverse community for Awakening is finally out and you can capture direct-feed screenshots and even enrich them with text comments and luscious illustrations, I've been thinking about finishing the few DLC maps I still haven't touched on that same save, most notably the entire Future Past saga and maybe Apotheosis.

I don't know though if I should continue the playlog in the same thread I made way back when or open a new thread specifically for those few maps. What do you think?

Edited by Ike-Mike

I have played both.

I agree that FE4 is a good game.

Now I need to play Awakening again for good variety.

Also your statement is in direct contradiction to my Awakening verdict.

Also also I know this person who nicknames himself ILikeFeet, maybe you should team up with him.

those times are fantasy fucking fairy bullshit

incest was ultra common in medieval times in our own world in order to "preserve royal bloodlines" and stuff like that

like the same several noble families marrying each other off to one another forever lol

incest was ultra common in medieval times in our own world in order to "preserve royal bloodlines" and stuff like that

like the same several noble families marrying each other off to one another forever lol

I'm pretty sure a few aristocrats doesn't qualify as ultra common, but it's true that Manfroy orchestrated Deirdre and Alvis for Lopt blood.

I'm pretty sure a few aristocrats doesn't qualify as ultra common, but it's true that Manfroy orchestrated Deirdre and Alvis for Lopt blood.

cousins was common, and still is in a lot the world

lack of transportation was also a major factor

even over here in the 1800's some people literally never left their village or town so sometimes all that was available was a cousin or someone like that