Small contradiction between FE6 and FE7?

Nobody

So, after noticing Oujay is from Ilia, I realized that there is a small contradiction in his backstory, specifically in his support with Lilina. There, he says that he used to have a little sister, but his parents abandoned her because she wouldn't be able to work and get money for the family. Well, there is the contradiction. He is from Ilia. According to Farina, in her support with Karla, women are the responsible for most of the Illian's income, since they're the only ones able to ride pegasi. It wouldn't make any sense for them to abandon the girl, since she would easily get a job as a pegasus knight.

Here are both supports:

http://serenesforest.net/fe6/support/087.html

http://serenesforest.net/fe7/support/090.html

Edited by Nobody

Yeah, she might be a good pegasus knight in what, fifteen years? Twenty? For a family that's strapped for cash, that's an awfully long wait for an investment to pay off. Not to mention the costs associated with sustaining a child and training her as a pegasus knight.

The same can be said about the guys, though. Oujay only became a mercenary much later, and as a small child, I don't think he would be of much help, considering that until puberty, boys aren't stronger than girls. I mean, I think that with that back story, they should have made him be from another country

Edited by Nobody

Maybe she has some type of disability,like a lung or heart problem preventing her to become a Pegasus Knight or sustain a job.As well Oujay being older that might be the reason they kept him.That doesn't mean much though.Being a girl does not equal you getting more cash.It's just that Ilia's source of income is from being a Mercenary,the Mercenaries are mainly women is what it is trying to tell you,who are all Pegasus Knights.

Edited by Jiac2001

Yes, I read his supports, and it doesn't say anywhere that he was born in Ilia. It actually implies he's from Ostia. It's written on the fire emblem wiki that he's from Ilia, and I believed in them. I guess they're wrong. Well, this topic is meaningless, then. If you want, you can lock it.

Edited by Nobody

• 1 month later...