7 1/2 hours in (enjoying this game more and more)

minervyx

i made a thread earlier about how I was 2 1/2 hours into the game and skeptical on it. after giving it more time, it's starting to grow on me.

i realize that the story, characters and strategic each individually aren't groundbreaking, but FE: Awakening really has a good way of bringing everything together. whether it's the inventory system, the flexibility on how you want to equip your characters, the pairing up and blocking mechanics to establish comraderie, it's a game that doesn't rest too much depth in a single aspect or mechanics but rather spreads it out amongst all of them.

yeah, i can find a better game than FE Awakening in each individual aspect, but I'd be hard pressed to find a game that comes together as a whole as well as this one does.

initially, i had to force myself to play this game and enjoy it. now i get a craving every day or two to pick up this game and play at least one round. it's not the kind of game i would want to play for over an hour at a time, but i usually play 1 or 2 matches per sitting. and i'm pretty much addicted to this game in small dosages :)

moral of the story. give this game a chance before you knock it.

Also, yes I know:

161.jpg

Edited by minervyx

>.>

Get out of this board.

If you're kidding: Jackass. If you're not kidding: Jackass. Well then minervyx, I, for one, welcome you to SF.

Edited by Gaius217

If you're kidding: Jackass. If you're not kidding: Jackass. Well then minervyx, I, for one, welcome you to SF.

Seconded.

FE:A's greatest strength is arguably it's replay value, so if it's started growing on you it probably won't stop. Have fun!

I'm really glad to hear that you gave Awakening a chance despite having a skeptical opinion at the start. I about gave up on one of my favorite games just because I hated the first hour of it. I've put like 250 hours into awakening so far, and I'm still not tired of it. I hope you continue to have fun with it.

It's good to know it grew on you. Though I still refuse to tolerate Lyon put-downing. I think I told some Pokémon fans on a FFN forum more than they would like to know about the series (though one apparently put FE6 on their Christmas wishlist... then I had to tell them it was JP-only. They seemed dissappointed.)