Torch glitch.

Hi everybody. Today I watched a FE8 speedrun, where the player used something interesting.

I don't know if it's have already been put here since this glitch is not mentionned on the hints and secret section of FE8.

But on fog maps, you use the wand torch, if an enemy stops on the same tile you can reset the game and get the same effect you have with mine and burning tiles.

If it have already been mentionned... But I maybe some of us still didn't know this, lik me =)

Yeah, I'm watching it right now too. Haven't personally seen it done until now, but I had heard that you could manipulate the RNG on certain tiles; I myself used that once on a fallen snag tile to get a Fiery Fang for Myrrh in my CC playthrough.

It's not totally unknown, but still fairly obscure knowledge, so don't worry about it ^^

Personally I still dream of the day I can rob the Demon King and Dracozombie weapons with the enemy control glitch, but alas they don't appear in maps with fog of war, broken snags or lava tiles.

It's not totally unknown, but still fairly obscure knowledge, so don't worry about it ^^

Personally I still dream of the day I can rob the Demon King and Dracozombie weapons with the enemy control glitch, but alas they don't appear in maps with fog of war, broken snags or lava tiles.

You can actually like, do it with any battle (perform the glitch), but the event tiles just open the space that you're allowed to do it in by like a million percent lol

i.e. theoretically you could steal anything from anyone in any chapter but it would require insane timing, making it virtually impossible

Edited by phobia

It's not totally unknown, but still fairly obscure knowledge, so don't worry about it ^^Personally I still dream of the day I can rob the Demon King and Dracozombie weapons with the enemy control glitch, but alas they don't appear in maps with fog of war, broken snags or lava tiles.

Memory hacking is your friend :B):