Which characters did you dislike in the game?

Dislikes: Ricken(Childish...?)

Miriel(Wasn't interested in her characters)

Virion(Idk, no reason)

Aversa

Walhart

Phila(Weak, and died)

Vaildar

Excellus(piece of shit)

Enemies

Emmeryn(Terrible Queen...??)

Brady(Don't even ask)

Maribelle(Same with Brady)

Gangrel(Weak Strength)

EDIT: Cynthia

What are your disliked characters?

Edited by Tide of Waves

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amongst controllable units? Virion and Vaike. I've never given them an S support, nor ever will. Just used them in luna+ to chip some damage, didn't mind Virion's hp going to 0 in ch 3.

Avatar (Far too self-insert-y for me. Also terribly written.)

Kellam (A painful gimmick that was never funny yet never ceases to force itself into everything he says or is said to him)

Emmeryn (A terrible decision maker)

Tharja (Yandere. That's all that needs to be said.)

Cordelia (Terrible support conversations)

Severa (Horrible Tsundere)

Yarne and Brady annoy me to no end. Yarne's voice hurts my ears and I don't like Brady's character. They're good as units but i find them hard to have support conversations with.

The only characters I truly despised were Maribelle and Excellus, but when I was support grinding, I read Maribelle's B support with Libra:

Maribelle:
Yet should a noble commit the same crime to the commoner, the sentence is light. Surely that cannot be considered justice!

Libra:
Then you would have the laws apply equally to all, regardless of station?

Maribelle:
This is not a matter of inviting the local squalor to a dinner party, sir! All must be equal in the eyes of the law, else we cannot claim them fair.

I had already begun to warm up to Maribelle, but the bolded line made me adore her.

I still hate Excellus though.

Avatar - Because of Chapter 14 and because the guy is literally Jesus and a broken unit.

Chrom - might be the most boring lord.

Lissa- she annoys me and is a terrible unit.

Miriel- her personality is kinda annoying to me but the thing that makes me hate her is how she performs as a unit for me. 27 hp 7 def Chapter 21. Let that sink in.

Donnel- a nuisance to recruit and useless.

Kellam- literally a gimmick.

Vaiidar- typical bad guy, except hes really lame and not a believable character. He's also not an imposing threat unlike, say, gharnef.

Phila- arguably more useless than Donnel because she didnt recruit herself earlier and she got herself killed. Terrible unit.

Morgan- can't stand him/her, period. Great unit though, sadly.

Cynthia- I don't actually dislike her that much, but her voice is irritating and i dont like her hero gimmick.

Brady- terrible unit.

Inigo- I haven't even recruited him yet...and probably never will! :D

Gerome- terrible person.

Excellus- he looks like a weird imitation of Oliver and is egg-shaped.

Yen'fay- ... <- because that's how much characterization he gets. And we're supposed to care he dies lmao.

Flavia- "hahahaha I sent royalty to fight in an Arena, hope he doesn't get killed! hahahaha"

Edited by PKL

Validar - Such a crappy villian... Go Whine some more when your plans screw up, why don't you...
Cynthia - I find her personality annoying.
Owain - He's also quite annoying

Honestly, i'm either neutral to or like the other characters.

Validar - Such a crappy villian... Go Whine some more when your plans screw up, why don't you...

Cynthia - I find her personality annoying.

Owain - He's also quite annoying

Honestly, i'm either neutral to or like the other characters.

I'm fine with Owain, because I like his awsomeness.~

Validar, and Cynthia, is I agree with you, there.

Amongst controllable units? Virion and Vaike. I've never given them an S support, nor ever will. Just used them in luna+ to chip some damage, didn't mind Virion's hp going to 0 in ch 3.

I kinda used Vaike, but not Virion.

Edited by Tide of Waves

Kellam has an annoying gimmick.

Donnel for a very silly reason: they didn't bother creating more than one head model for each character, so Donny keeps his pot even when reclassed. And I find that gross.

Cynthia has a weird voice and behaves too childlike.

Sumia because she can't fill Sheeda's shoes for her own sake. She has funny supports, but she isn't a believable fighter to me.

And that's pretty much it?

Well I hated Gangrel but we're supposed to hate him.

Edited by Malebolganone

The only characters I truly despised were Maribelle and Excellus, but when I was support grinding, I read Maribelle's B support with Libra:

Maribelle:

Yet should a noble commit the same crime to the commoner, the sentence is light. Surely that cannot be considered justice!

Libra:

Then you would have the laws apply equally to all, regardless of station?

Maribelle:

This is not a matter of inviting the local squalor to a dinner party, sir! All must be equal in the eyes of the law, else we cannot claim them fair.

I had already begun to warm up to Maribelle, but the bolded line made me adore her.

I still hate Excellus though.

I paired up Maribelle with Ricken, and with Brady, will not use them, just bench them. ^__^

Kellam has an annoying gimmick.

Donnel for a very silly reason: they didn't bother creating more than one head model for each character, so Donny keeps his pot even when reclassed. And I find that gross.

Cynthia has a weird voice and behaves too childlike.

Sumia because she can't fill Sheeda's shoes for her own sake. She has funny supports, but she isn't a believable fighter to me.

And that's pretty much it?

Cynthia: I agree with you, there. -__-

Sumia is okay, but I pretty much hate her marriage limits.

Agrees with donnel's head pot.. there..

I only dislike a few not counting NPCs/villains.

Chrom and Lucina: The most boring lords out of the games I've played so far. Chrom gets a few more points than Lucina though, for actually managing to entertain me a few times. But he doesn't do it enough to make me like him. He tries to be sort of like RD Elincia, but fails.

Sumia: I wanted to like her, she seemed cute to me at first. But her gimmick was poorly done and all it ever did was annoy me. I find her useless as a unit too. Cordelia does everything she can do, but much better.

Tharja: Nothing but stupid fanservice and horrible creepiness.

So far, the only NPC/villain I truly despise is Excellus. He's like a horrible mix of Oliver and Valtome from the Tellius series and those two were awful enough. Ugh.

Edited by Anacybele

Cordelia does everything she can do, but much better.

Let's not get started on the blatant gameplay statements again. You treat her like she's absolute crap when she's *ARGUABLY* just as good as Tiamo/Cordelia.

Let's not get started on the blatant gameplay statements again. You treat her like she's absolute crap when she's *ARGUABLY* just as good as Tiamo/Cordelia.

You never had a Str screwed Sumia, did you?

Grinding considered, they're about equal, but on maingame chances are Cordelia will be superior.

Edited by Malebolganone

She IS absolute crap. Weak strength, weak defenses, weak everything except speed. But can we not drag this up again?

Edited by Anacybele

Chrom!Cynthia: I dislike her the most when she's Chrom's daughter. And if I must reiterate my reasons why, I find her situation in her own joining chapter the most nonsensical if she's Chrom's daughter.

Validar: Simply put, he tries to be Megatron and fails.

And I also found the Chon'sin royals kinda dull. Which is a shame because I wanted to like them.

You never had a Str screwed Sumia, did you?

Grinding considered, they're about equal, but on maingame chances are Cordelia will be superior.

Unless if Sumia's supporting with Frederick, which is something she arguably needs.

Edited by Just call me Al

Unless if Sumia's supporting with Frederick, which is something she arguably needs.

But not everyone wants to pair them. Some want to have them build support with someone else, but they can't do that if they stay paired up with each other all the time.

Edited by Anacybele

Let's see here....

Note: most of these aren't DISLIKE except for a few, most are just "I'm not a fan."

Tharja: Reasons said before

Kjelly/ However the hell you spell her name: Doesn't really stand out to me

Severa: Obvious reasons

Yarne: Kinda same as Kjelly

Nowi: *insert explanation here*

Gangrel: Tried too hard to make him evil I think

The rest I either like or have apathy towards

But not everyone wants to pair them. Some want to have them build support with someone else, but they can't do that if they stay paired up with each other all the time.

The person wanting to pair either with other people can always leave their support around A and nothing more. (Which is something I did when pairing before marrying Sumia off to Henry in one of my StreetPass files.) Just because they're getting supports and being "paired up" in battle doesn't mean that they have to marry.

So far, the only NPC/villain I truly despise is Excellus. He's like a horrible mix of Oliver and Valtome from the Tellius series and those two were awful enough. Ugh.

Despise as in think he's a huge jerk or a poorly done villain?

As for me... Validar and Robin are shamefully written, Kellam and Miriel have extremely annoying gimmicks, and Brady and Severa are jerks. Nowi and Olivia's costumes are out of character and far too revealing, and Tharja is an abomination in every way possible. Phila is riddled with incompetence and the Khans both exist exclusively for Chrom to run to when he needs troops, which is bad plot design. To be honest, I could find a bone to pick with the entire cast, though a lot of them would be that they merely lacked a lot of character development and could have been good if they had more screentime (and it was used well). Namely talking about Mustafa and the Valm villains here.

Would y'all kindly pipe down about Sumia?

The person wanting to pair either with other people can always leave their support around A and nothing more. (Which is something I did when pairing before marrying Sumia off to Henry in one of my StreetPass files.) Just because they're getting supports and being "paired up" in battle doesn't mean that they have to marry.

Not what I meant. I'm aware that they don't have to be married. I mean that if Frederick and Sumia are constantly paired up in battle, they can't be paired with anyone else for awhile. Which wouldn't help if a player is trying to get them married to other characters.

Despise as in think he's a huge jerk or a poorly done villain?

Both.

Edited by Anacybele