I never see non-Japanese players on Battle Spot anymore.

Fruity Insanity

When X and Y first came out, people from all over the world played on Battle Spot.

But now it seems like they all lost heart and gave up on competing with those gamers who spend all their time EV-training and IV-breeding.

Seriously, if you look at the rankings, like, 99% of the top players are Japanese or Korean.

I'm sad.

I'm rising in rank, though. I guess I'm good enough to beat more Japanese players than I lose to, fortunately.

Although I don't know how long *that* will last...

What pokemon do you generally encounter now?

Well, OU is called OU for a reason.

Land Shark, Kamikaze Firebird, and Sword-and-Shield, I see a lot, as well as Washing Machine, Red Steel Coat, and Shellder-on-a-Tail.

Mushroom head, Plantback, Ninja Frog, Sand-maker, and Evil Eye Mega Ghost are there, too, along with Aqua Bunny, Metal Spiky Plant, and Three-headed Dragon.

I haven't seen the Two-mouthed woman, the fire chicken, or the overly caring mother recently, though...

There are alot of other mons, too, of course, but there's really no reason for me to go listing off gen VI's OU metagame, now is there?

Edited by Not-an-Apple

Plantback, Sand-maker, and Evil Eye Mega Ghost

I'm not sure what these ones are supposed to be. :/

Anyway, I think PokéBank has some influence in this change, legendaries PokéBank exclusives are pretty rare for most non-Japanes at this point and there was also the hacked pokémon that went through the pokétransfer without a problem, so many players might be driven away from trying the Battle Spot for now.

I'm not sure what these ones are supposed to be. :/

Anyway, I think PokéBank has some influence in this change, legendaries PokéBank exclusives are pretty rare for most non-Japanes at this point and there was also the hacked pokémon that went through the pokétransfer without a problem, so many players might be driven away from trying the Battle Spot for now.

Venusaur, Tyranitar, and Gengar.

And surprisingly, I've seen less Pokebank legendaries than I had previously anticipated. Which is good. And when they *did* appear, they weren't super hard to beat or anything.

My losses were mostly because of either bad luck or bad predictions, not legendaries.

And as for hacked Pokemon, it's not like they have illegal abilities, moves, or stats (Thank goodness the filter has *some* decency.), so it's not like they're stronger than my IV-bred and EV-trained Pokemon or anything, so I don't really have a problem with them either.

Heck, I myself am probably going to bring in hacked legendaries whenever Nintendo gets around to releasing Pokebank outside of Japan and Korea, although I'm not sure if I'll actually use them online or not...

Yes, but some people who hadn't really gone there after the PokéBank pseudo-release like you might be a bit unsure on how bad it is concerning hacked and legendary pokemon, so they might not want to try it.

Another thing is probably that some people could be on trying to get some of the pokebank pokemon and breeding others and not going there much at the moment.

if you use them online, you just lost all respect I had for you

Edited by Tonton

Yes, but some people who hadn't really gone there after the PokéBank pseudo-release like you might be a bit unsure on how bad it is concerning hacked and legendary pokemon, so they might not want to try it.

Another thing is probably that some people could be on trying to get some of the pokebank pokemon and breeding others and not going there much at the moment.

if you lose them online, you just lost all respect I had for you

I guess.

I'd be breeding more, too, but I'm a bit bored of it at the moment, so I'm taking a little break.

Wait, if I lose what? I don't get what you're saying...

Yeah japanese/koreans are everywhere. I'm sick of Chumps and Tars, meh. Battles get redundant and boring.

Also I had a 3vs3 where the opponent had a shiny suicune with sheer cold. But the aqua bunny belly drummed and played rough with the shiny dog, so yeah.

However, I had a triple battle with somebody from Venezuela, and he had all the fire starters. It was cool and reminded me of the battle tournament people suggested. But yeah in general, dem japanese are everywhere