My Little Pony and Gender Roles.

Snowy_One

Marvel brought more solid writing and visuals on screen for their film universe..Thor happened and it fucking exploded and the Avengers film just sealed it... But you see a lot of female fans of Iron Man, Thor, Loki, Hulk, Cap, etc. This simply had to do with the writing of the films being more character driven and focused. Kenneth Branagh's direction of Thor helped this since hes more focused on character interaction (and ham) than action.

Wait what? Thor? The film that had so many dutch angles that you had to angle your head for 80% of the film and a love story between two cardboard boxes has good direction?

Cynicism aside, I'm in agreement that the whole MLP thing doesn't really have any significant impact on gender roles at all. It's a (I'm assuming since i've never seen the show myself) well written and animated show. What makes MLP different from other younger audience oriented shows like Avatar, Rocko's Modern Life, BAS, etc? Is it because its intended primarily for girls? Then what makes it different from every Disney princess movie ever being enjoyed by not-young girls? What is unique about this show that challenges gender roles and stereotypes akin to something like Boys Don't Cry? Because having a massive fanbase of all demographics does nothing but signify that it's a quality-made show.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Wait what? Thor? The film that had so many dutch angles that you had to angle your head for 80% of the film and a love story between two cardboard boxes has good direction?

Cynicism aside, I'm in agreement that the whole MLP thing doesn't really have any significant impact on gender roles at all. It's a (I'm assuming since i've never seen the show myself) well written and animated show. What makes MLP different from other younger audience oriented shows like Avatar, Rocko's Modern Life, BAS, etc? Is it because its intended primarily for girls? Then what makes it different from every Disney princess movie ever being enjoyed by not-young girls? What is unique about this show that challenges gender roles and stereotypes akin to something like Boys Don't Cry? Because having a massive fanbase of all demographics does nothing but signify that it's a quality-made show.

I agree with everything you say forever cause Community.