Need help constructing a competitive team.

Knight

My current for sure members are Scizor and Charizard X. Other members I was debating over we're Garchomp and Gardevoir. I'm looking for some insight. (X and Y btw)

Just OU, that's what I'm most familiar with.

My current for sure members are Scizor and Charizard X. Other members I was debating over we're Garchomp and Gardevoir. I'm looking for some insight. (X and Y btw)

Since Charizard X is better at abusing Dragon Dance,I'll do the best I can.

Charizard X

Nature:Adamant/Jolly

EV spread: 252 Atk. 252 Spe. 4 HP/Sp.Def.

Moves:

Dragon Dance

Dragon Claw/Outrage (I prefer Dragon Claw in case Fairies,but Outrage can do the job in sweeping)

Flare Blitz (STAB)

Roost

This is if you want a physical sweeper,if you want a different set go ahead and ask.(I was kinda debating on a Special Set but it probably will be a faulty set unless Charizard Y)

Scizor

Nature:Adamant

Ability:Technician

Item: Leftovers,Life Orb,or Choice Band

EV Spread: 200 HP,252 Atk.,56 Def.

Moves:

Swords Dance

Roost

Bullet Punch

Bug Bite/U-turn

This is basically the bulky Scizor set I use in Pokemon Showdown.

Edit: Garchomp might honestly outperform Charizard X,Gardevoir I'm not sure about it's uses,never used one.

Edited by Jiac2001

Pretty much all of Gardevoir's usage in OU is due to Mega Gardevoir. As you can only have one Mega Evolution per team, I wouldn't use Gardevoir as you already want to use Mega Charizard X.

Don't use Swords Dance Scizor, it's silly and he sucks with all the Steel types going around. If you're using Charizard, you need a Defog user. Scizor can use Defog with the following set: U-turn / Bullet Punch / Defog / Roost.

Edited by Chiki

Charizard is immune to burns, making him one of the best set up sweepers.

Excadrill fills so many spots needed in a team. He spins, can sweep and wall break, is immune to Toxic and Thunder Wave and can learn Stealth Rock.

If you're playing on a cartridge, Mandibuzz is probably the best Defog user readily available.

Just keep in mind that defog also remove your own entry hazards (and leach seed).

Defog doesn't remove Leech Seed.

Garchomp with Rocky Helmet is a good partner for Charizard X (opposing Talonflame takes a ton of damage from the combination of Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, and recoil damage from its STABs). You may want an Aegislash to take opposing Dragon-type attacks.

Yeah, azumarilll is great. Togekiss is also pretty good.

Defog doesn't remove Leech Seed.

Ah, I thought it removed the same things than rapid spin.

Edited by Nobody