Wii U Gamepad..

Elli

I was wondering does anyone know of when the Game pads will be released to be bought? as someone in my family broke mine for the Wii Up, they indented the screen making it unusable, I am sooo very mad atm, like reallly mad! I rang up repair service and it would cost me nearly 200 to repair it... not counting the $20 postage for there and back like like $240 nearly the cost of the whole system...and I would rather wait for them to be released to see the price, gah this is so dang frustrating...... I just Wanna Screeeam!! (been having a tough week)

Edited by Shelie

Nintendo is really stupid sometimes. I don't get why they won't sell standalone gamepads. Have you tried to talk to the nintendo of your region (Australia, right?) I think they might fix it for you, if your Wii U is still covered by warranty.

Edited by Nobody

Nintendo is really stupid sometimes. I don't get why they won't sell standalone gamepads. Have you tried to talk to the nintendo of your region (Australia, right?) I think they might fix it for you.

Yeah I was on the phone with them they are the ones who told me the cost for repairs, The game pads are suppose to be released this year, 2 years after they released the console... Stupid really stupid, Seriously Nintendo!!!

Well its always good to sell them in case they break like mine, It only has the tiniest little indent in it & the touch screen wont work, And it would be good to sell them soon with new games coming up for the WII U, I see sending it in for repairs is pretty much going to be my only option since its only TBC at the moment for 2014... sigh there goes my money....

Well, the Wii U didn't have the best of sales, producing additional Gamepads just for the case someone broke theirs was probably not gonna be that good financially.

Although the price there seem to be a bit high, I remember seeing the repair price being a bit lower (still a bit expensive, though)

Remember to keep your new one away from your family

Selling a standalone Gamepad wouldn't be a good idea for the reason Tonton listed, plus it would probably worsen the confusion over the system(since a lot of more casual consumers have been/are under the impression that the Wii U is just an add-on for the Wii).

I suppose you could always check something like eBay (though you'll still probably pay $150+, I'd imagine).

I checked eBay there is only one for sale on there for $200

Well, the Wii U didn't have the best of sales, producing additional Gamepads just for the case someone broke theirs was probably not gonna be that good financially.

Although the price there seem to be a bit high, I remember seeing the repair price being a bit lower (still a bit expensive, though)

Remember to keep your new one away from your family

Yes I will... ( I am guessing it was my dad who hit it & broke it even after I warned him so many times to keep clear of any of my consoles) though once I get it fixed I am buying a case to put it in a silicone case to put around it & a screen protector, I am taking no more chances with it...

I suppose you could always check something like eBay (though you'll still probably pay $150+, I'd imagine).

This is an option only if you live in North America [Canada/USA]... Probably...

Edited by Naughx

Well, guess it's finally time to buy one of those Gamestop warranties (whenever I get a Wii U anyways).

Edited by Refa

Well, guess it's finally time to buy one of those Gamestop warranties (whenever I get a Wii U anyways).

I wish I had a warranty... though I don't know if it still would have been under warranty now though, since I bought it near its release date..

after this though I am getting a warranty for any of my future console buys.

I wish I had a warranty... though I don't know if it still would have been under warranty now though, since I bought it near its release date..

after this though I am getting a warranty for any of my future console buys.

Dunno if it would've been covered by warranty since it wasn't broken from material manufacturing defects.

Or you shouldn't tell them your dad sat on it. (Assumptions)

Edited by Naughx

Well, the only thing I can think of regarding advice (that hasn't already been suggested) is E-Mailing Nintendo Support. Hopefully, they'll provide you with a much cheaper solution than buying a new Wii U Gamepad.

On a side note, I thought I should mention that with some Wii U games, you can still play a big chunk of them (80% or more) without the Wii U Gamepad. I know firsthand that's the case for New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario 3D World.

I'm pretty sure that if you have a Nintendo Network ID, you need to use the Gamepad to input the password.

My gamepad went all funky because I put a screen protector on it, and my Wii U was unusable because I needed the gamepad to get anywhere

With Super Mario 3D world, you do need the gamepad for a few of the levels (Hands on Hall sticks out).

I'm pretty sure that if you have a Nintendo Network ID, you need to use the Gamepad to input the password.

My gamepad went all funky because I put a screen protector on it, and my Wii U was unusable because I needed the gamepad to get anywhere

With Super Mario 3D world, you do need the gamepad for a few of the levels (Hands on Hall sticks out).

Did your screen go bad just cause the screen protector was on it and putting to much pressure on it, or did it stay that way from the protector?