Lunatic+ Apotheosis

TwinBlade

Firstly, I looked around to see if there wasn't another thread like this and couldn't find one so I'm going to post here.

Okay, so. Looking for some help on what to do on Apotheosis with the Lunatic + difficulty. I've settled on using the mix of main characters and children, S supports, forged brave weapons, etc etc.

I know rally bots are strongly recommended, but I don't know which rallies I should be using, and for what characters. Sumia Cordelia Cynthia? Haven't totally looked into which class paths they can reclass to.

I've finally got all my stats maxed with limit breaker skills equipped. Dread fighter was given to most males for aggressor. Olivia for dance. rescue staves.

I know I'm probably missing some things to prepare for this. Any recommended skills going in? I have galeforce, renewal, and lifetaker skills on everyone possible, luna, sol, aegis/pavise, astra also.

My team, probably will be as follows, unless constructive criticism shows me I should replace some. I am aiming for Secret Path by the way.

Owain S support with Kjelle

Chrom with sumia

My unit with Walhart

coredlia with libra

gaius with mirirel

vaike with nowi

gregor with sully

miribelle with frederick

olivia with stahl

kellam with tharja

henry with lissa

lon'qu with panne

lucina with morgan

yarne with severa

inigo with noire

cynthia with gerome

brady with nah

now out of these we can pick 20. I will probably leave out frederick, kellam, tharja, panne, gregor sully, libra, miriel, gaius, henry, nowi.

I will have 3 fliers going around with rally boosts, and rescue staves. Probably Cynthia, Lissa, Cordelia? Don't know what kind of rally boosts available to them. Basically my questions are, which characters should I leave in or out, and what are my best unit options for rally bots? Best classes for these units?

Eventually maybe we can turn this thread into a Guide.

I don't know if you know this, but Normal Apotheosis is almost the same as Lunatic+ Apotheosis with some minor differences. Someone else might be able to tell you what those differences are, but they're very minor.

I don't know if you know this, but Normal Apotheosis is almost the same as Lunatic+ Apotheosis with some minor differences. Someone else might be able to tell you what those differences are, but they're very minor.

Uhh... what.

They're exactly the same.

Just like the post in there, seems like the hackforges might be the same oversight as the berserker with a bow, in all honesty, just like one of the posts in there said. Though the former not affecting gameplay at all.

*shrug*

The same way how some bandits in FE7 had sword weapon levels.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just like the post in there, seems like the hackforges might be the same oversight as the berserker with a bow, in all honesty, just like one of the posts in there said. Though the former not affecting gameplay at all.

*shrug*

The same way how some bandits in FE7 had sword weapon levels.

Or the one mook in fe6 chapter 21 that was at least a dozen levels lower than his same-class partners

Lol going a bit off topic... Anyways - a bit of help with the question(s) asked please? Even if they are the same, questions still apply as I haven't attempted to play beat Apotheosis on any mode.

So you're looking for general tips for Secret Apo? (Apo is basically the same on all difficulties, when people say Normal Apo they mean the route that gives you Katarina)

First, use children. This is really huge because all the parents except Avatar and Sumia have bogus skill pools to work with, and none of them can get the Aggressor/Galeforce combo. When choosing your pairings, prioritize Galeforce, offensive mods, and Luna/Vengeance for lead units/Berserker for supports.

Second, don't waste Rallybots. You can fit all the rallies on two fliers, so don't bother with three. The same goes for Staffbots, bring plenty (preferably Tomefaire/Acrobat/Mov+1/LB Valkyries), but not so many that you have no offense left.

Third, never use self-healing skills. Sol will lower your damage output by interrupting Luna/Vengeance, and everything is a waste of space when you have Fortify. In a similar vein, always use Limit Breaker. For offensive proc skills, Luna/Vengeance are the best, Aether stacks nicely with Luna, and Ignis is situationally good. Astra is bad (sometimes even a liability) and Lethality is useless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H4M7VRMPC4

In this video, this guy has galeforce on pretty much every character. Which doesn't make sense as a lot of them aren't even able to have Dark Flier class. Males like Owain, also Kjelle and many others that can't reclass to dark flier. How is he doing this?

edit: also he has armsthrift on owain (who can't reclass to mercenary as far as I know...) He has armsthrift on almost all characters in fact.

Edited by TwinBlade

Child units (M!Morgan, Owain, Brady and Inigo) can inherit Galeforce from their mothers.

Noire, Nah and Kjelle can have a father of either M!Avatar, Donnel or Gaius, and inherit the Pegasus Knight class. Thus, they can learn it themselves.

Armsthrift is similar, as anyone with access to the Mercenary line can allow a child of theirs to learn armsthrift (since males and females can all be Mercenaries). Mercenary-parents include Cordelia, Avatar, Gregor and Donnel. Children with Mercenary access include Morgan(both), Severa and Inigo.

Without watching the video you posted, I can assume that Owain's father is Gregor.

Edited by Elieson

So you're looking for general tips for Secret Apo? (Apo is basically the same on all difficulties, when people say Normal Apo they mean the route that gives you Katarina)

First, use children. This is really huge because all the parents except Avatar and Sumia have bogus skill pools to work with, and none of them can get the Aggressor/Galeforce combo. When choosing your pairings, prioritize Galeforce, offensive mods, and Luna/Vengeance for lead units/Berserker for supports.

Second, don't waste Rallybots. You can fit all the rallies on two fliers, so don't bother with three. The same goes for Staffbots, bring plenty (preferably Tomefaire/Acrobat/Mov+1/LB Valkyries), but not so many that you have no offense left.

Third, never use self-healing skills. Sol will lower your damage output by interrupting Luna/Vengeance, and everything is a waste of space when you have Fortify. In a similar vein, always use Limit Breaker. For offensive proc skills, Luna/Vengeance are the best, Aether stacks nicely with Luna, and Ignis is situationally good. Astra is bad (sometimes even a liability) and Lethality is useless.

Just to elaborate on that point, that's Gale/Agg on a Single Unit, which is a thing reserved for 3/4 units in the entire game, not counting Einherjar.

As a point, Gen 1 Gale/Agg Pairs (Not counting MU):

Lissa (Galeforce)/Husband(Aggressor)

Sumia (Galeforce)/Husband (Aggressor)

Maribelle (Galeforce)/Husband (Aggressor)

Cordelia (Galeforce)/Husband (Aggressor)

Olivia (Galeforce)/Husband (Aggressor)

5 Gen 1 Gale/Agg pairs. That's a clearing force of 10. 3 of which are possible 100% Dual Strike via Chrom's Dual Strike+.

This leads to my point:

Use S-rank pairs. Don't bother with A.

First off: S ranks, will have Gale/Aggressor in Second Gen, outside of maybe Nah/Husband, although, it's possible to have 7 Gale/Aggressor Pairs (there's a reason that's not overly optimal, which I'll get to.)

Secondly A Rank Couples have a 100% increased Failure rate compared to S-rank in terms of Dual Strike- going from 1:10 to 1:5 attacks failing on average. [Then there's Lucina, who has Dual Strike+-- with an S-rank she'll ALWAYS Dual Strike [100%], having an infinite increase in reliability compared to an A rank.]

So really, make sure your Combat Units are married.

As far as why 7 Couples with Gale/Agg isn't that optimal:

It's possible, by marrying Second Gen to have 7 Gale/Agg Couples from the Second Gen.

However there's an issue. 20 Units.

Chrom is Forced. Ideally, you also deploy his Wife, or a Back Up in the case that said wife is Olivia (since Dancer).

This means 2 slots down: 18

2 slots for Rally Bots: 16

Then you deploy Olivia: 15.

If you go 14 Combat units, you're left with room only for 1 Staffbot, which if you need more Staves, you have to compound a combat unit.

12 units is more or less ideal: the 6/3 Arrangement for Male MU or 6/4 for Female. This arrangement is pretty much good as long as you don't marry MU to someone who has a son and no Galeforce [i.E. Cherche.] or no child no Galeforce [i.E. Tiki, Anna].

15-12: 3.

Remaining Slots should be pure Staffbots. That'd give you a solid team for all cases.

As a forward note: If you have a properly constructed team [i.E. Min/Max] you can beat it with Pair Ups and Tonics and not a whole lot else.

If you don't play badly, and you have access to Limit Breaker and Aggressor, you can pretty much win regardless of what you do.

Edited by Airship Canon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H4M7VRMPC4

In this video, this guy has galeforce on pretty much every character. Which doesn't make sense as a lot of them aren't even able to have Dark Flier class. Males like Owain, also Kjelle and many others that can't reclass to dark flier. How is he doing this?

edit: also he has armsthrift on owain (who can't reclass to mercenary as far as I know...) He has armsthrift on almost all characters in fact.

If you don't know how inheritance works, you might want to read up before trying to minmax anything, it's pretty important. http://serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html

I forgot about S supports. They don't give any extra stats (well, +5 Hit if you want to nitpick) but the extra 10% DS is huge and lets many pairings reach 100% DS, which is incredible. Always use S supports for Apo.