Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

Well, I don't even know what to say anymore. You just keep exceeding my expectations so I guess I should be more surprised when you don't have some cool new thing to show. Seriously though, this hack is looking like it can be one of the top hacks out there. Major kudos man, and keep it up!

thanks eldin! v1.4 is going to be much better, and polished in terms of gameplay and story :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ghats you've come so far from just a puppy dog in a fire emblem hack. might even use this hack for when i try to make an lp, though probably never get around to. though all in all congrats ghast.

:')))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

iltsm

thank you Gabe !!! <333

ghats you've come so far from just a puppy dog in a fire emblem hack. might even use this hack for when i try to make an lp, though probably never get around to. though all in all congrats ghast.

Thanks man! :) that means a lot!

I'm having too much fun with this.

lAZYsgA.pngeLH7Fav.png

Edited by GhastStation

• 2 weeks later...

so glad school is over good lord she left me right sprandled, 'bi.

2BKJboi.pngxPEAV0W.png

okay holy F chapter 2 is almost reworked, and moving onto the plot development chapter after this. I can actually have time to hack now yahoo

Edited by GhastStation

You can also expect new music in the 1.4 demo— I learned some new tricks recently that made me want to go back and take a look at all of the music in BL so far as well as insert some new stuff for cutscenes/etc. So yeah, get ready for some new instruments replacing a few of the egregiously-bad older ones, no more bleeps and bloops in the background of the attack theme (if you didn't notice them before, you can't un-notice them now; so sorry), songs being balanced better between their instruments and being generally nicer to hear, and all of that fun stuff.

You can also expect new music in the 1.4 demo— I learned some new tricks recently that made me want to go back and take a look at all of the music in BL so far as well as insert some new stuff for cutscenes/etc. So yeah, get ready for some new instruments replacing a few of the egregiously-bad older ones, no more bleeps and bloops in the background of the attack theme (if you didn't notice them before, you can't un-notice them now; so sorry), songs being balanced better between their instruments and being generally nicer to hear, and all of that fun stuff.

To tell the truth I hate the way the current battle theme sounds and was too shy to say anything so I appreciate it being spiffed up

Edited by L95

Update time. Been busy rewriting some stuff, and making changes and stuff. But here's some cool new progress pics.

Contains character and class spoilers.

HRTqxU7.png decided to add in a new chapter between chapter 5 and 6. so now chapter 6 is 7! (= more fun)

8Tv8sTe.pngEarly Est

OR

MBYKTP9.pngEarly Est?

Take your pick. Because you can only choose one :D~

HOSHIDO V NOHR, CHILD EDITION

0wMFuuU.png wait waht is--

sHh6hl3.png df??

YkvtglY.png protect da horziez

hoping I can showcase some even newer progress soon, regarding plot and such. Til next time~

Edited by GhastStation

Familiars.

This came to my mind after playing NieR (which is a sick game), but then got brought up again after someone asked if there would be playable horses.

I had an idea of them working with specific commands. But mainly a familiar would follow a specific character around attack enemies after being commanded to do so or something. not quite sure how they would work specifically.

1. because i don't even know if its possible it can work properly, even with asm power.

2. because they could break the game.

looking for some brain storming on this potential mechanic, and who knows. maybe if it works out... Playable swarms and horses? who knows XD

dish out your ideas pls :D

Ghast hun can you update the people on the skype chat about what's going on with the story now that pt2 is apparently different in some way?

Thanks sweetum

[insert "NieR, game of the YieR" joke HieR]

Familiars.

This came to my mind after playing NieR (which is a sick game), but then got brought up again after someone asked if there would be playable horses.

I had an idea of them working with specific commands. But mainly a familiar would follow a specific character around attack enemies after being commanded to do so or something. not quite sure how they would work specifically.

1. because i don't even know if its possible it can work properly, even with asm power.

2. because they could break the game.

looking for some brain storming on this potential mechanic, and who knows. maybe if it works out... Playable swarms and horses? who knows XD

dish out your ideas pls :D

anyone?..

So, like, FE2 style summon? (summon anywhere from 1-(a lot, I know it's like over 5) generic units that do whatever they want. You can't direct them tho.

It's 1-8, one for every tile that forms a box around the shaman/cleric. Can't spawn a dummy unit on a tile that a character currently occupies, though.

Well if you can port the way the summoner in FE8 summons phantoms to fe7, replacing phantoms with those familiars might be something you could do for it.

So, like, FE2 style summon? (summon anywhere from 1-(a lot, I know it's like over 5) generic units that do whatever they want. You can't direct them tho.

It's 1-8, one for every tile that forms a box around the shaman/cleric. Can't spawn a dummy unit on a tile that a character currently occupies, though.

'Roam'
0x00, 0x09, 0x00, 0x00 (random movement)
'Charge'
AttackInRange
'Protect'
BetterGuard + MOVENEXTTO at everyturn through events.
probably some condition stuff involved.
So there would be an event ID that gets triggered every time you select 'protect'. and then if you want to change orders, 'roam' and 'charge' turn off that ID, so it stops checking if Protect was activated and in turn, not have the character move next to ally.
Is i guess how it could work. But idk how it'd be possible to freely select CHAI commands. Maybe with some heavy conditions and asm stuff i guess.
alternatively, i can just have two AI's, protect and attack. Roam seems kinda stupid and pointless.
maybe the familiar would move to the player on player phase, and protect on NPC phase.
and t would gain experience after battles like merlinus does.
:o