Jeanne D'Arc

Junkhead

Have you played or heard of Jeanne D'Arc, for the PSP? It's surprisingly similiar to FE, and that's the reason that got me very interested. Also, the anime-like graphics (also kind of like FE) are really cute.

Like most RPGs (I think), the numbers are bigger but not ridiculously huge I think. But I'm sort of in the beginning of the game, so I don't know too much about that yet.

Two of the better characters in the game are a Thief & an Archer. :awesome:

Surprisingly, the game is kinda average. I mean, pretty much everything about gameplay and artwork have already been used a ton of times. The Onimusha game on GBA has more innovated ideals than this game. However, it's not that bad, I kinda like the unique charm it has.

If innovation was equivalent to quality, then the modern gaming industry would be dead. I mean it's great and all, but it's not the be all and end all of quality, you know? Even FE could be a very recursive series at times, although FE10 and FE13 helped move things forwards.

I played this game a while back while I still had use of my PSP (actually got it from a Secret Santa from Tanto at the Talking Time forums; thanks again!) and it was pretty darn fun. I remember sucking a lot at it though, I think because I was trying to use everyone because I liked them all so much or something.

My only complain is that the game rather built around unlimited galeforce Godspeed, which explains the ridiculously low unit you can deployed (most of the time 5 units). Other than that, the game is fine and surprisingly well built. The charm is what makes me kept going through the game.

Also as per OP said, Marcel is the best unit no question asked.

If innovation was equivalent to quality, then the modern gaming industry would be dead. I mean it's great and all, but it's not the be all and end all of quality, you know? Even FE could be a very recursive series at times, although FE10 and FE13 helped move things forwards.

I played this game a while back while I still had use of my PSP (actually got it from a Secret Santa from Tanto at the Talking Time forums; thanks again!) and it was pretty darn fun. I remember sucking a lot at it though, I think because I was trying to use everyone because I liked them all so much or something.

FE series is pretty unique if you want to compare it to the other same-genre games. So there is no problem about a FE game being FE. And you cant say that each FE is identify to the others either. Jeanne, however, offers nothing new aside featuring....Jeanne. It is just an so-so game with average artwork, average animation, average gameplay, average characters, average plot, average soundtrack, average stuff to modify and explore.