First Shiny Ever

Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

It was a Vanillite.

I know; doubled shiny rating and all, and not to mention that I was Horde EV Training at the time, but Christ; I've been playing Pokemon for years, and this is the first Shiny I ever ran into. No numbers will spoil this for me.

And i found a Shiny Masquerain shortly afterwards, so it balances outl

I have played every game since Emerald extensively. I have been playing Pokemon for what is going on nine years now. I have never, I repeat, NEVER, even ENCOUNTERED a shiny, let alone caught one.

Actually, though, good for you. Ice types aren't appreciated enough, IMO. Plus, shiny Vanillite looks pretty... chill. *cue "Won't Be Fooled Again"*

First shiny I ever ran into was Shiny Tangela in Crystal Version; the little twerp ran away before I could do anything.

Didn't see a shiny in the wild ever again until I ran into a shiny Vulpix several months ago in Soul Silver; waiting to be transferred now to Y version! :D

And only a few weeks ago, I found a shiny Quilladin in Friend Safari. And I hope to find many more shinies once I get that Shiny Charm!

I feel you OP. I've been playing since Sapphire(and blue/gold on emulators before that) and the first shiny I ever caught was a geodude in a horde. I was lucky enough that he was able to survive a magnitude and then knockout the remaining ones. After that , I was lucky enough to get a shiny 3IV aron out of an egg(without Masuda method!)

I might try masuda method to get a shiny ralts in the future(because that black gown on mega gardevoir!)

Aside from Gyrados I only managed to catch one shiny Pokémon. I ran into a shiny Drifloon by pure chance.

I never thought of using one on my team, but it actually worked out very well. Many people are caught by surprise by unburden Drifblim holding a weakness policy. Double speed and sharply raised attacking stats rock. The many priority attacks being thrown around ruins it a little though.

Didn't see a shiny in the wild ever again until I ran into a shiny Vulpix several months ago in Soul Silver; waiting to be transferred now to Y version! :D

Haha, I'm just as excited to transfer my shiny Aggron from Emerald. ^^

I also have a shiny Raticate in one of my two copies of FireRed (I have two because my mom thought I didn't have it and bought a second copy for me. lol), a shiny Crobat in HeartGold, and a shiny Mandibuzz in Black. I never encountered a shiny in Black 2, unfortunately. :(

I should transfer them all, now that I think about it. :D

And most recently, I got a shiny Lickitung in X that is now a Lickilicky.

But I've also seen a shiny Nincada (the first shiny I ever saw, didn't know how rare and valuable they were back then) and a shiny Tentacool (was out of Pokeballs. >.>). I passed on the red Gyarados. I like it in blue better. :P

Shiny Parasect in Crystal (although that file is gone now, RIP). Before that I encountered a Growlithe but it got away.

Red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage doesn't count.

I think my first was a shiny Graveler in Platinum. That game has been my most abundant source of shinies; I've found that, a Camerupt, and a Chingling. I also found a shiny Joltik in Black 2 last month. Naive natured, too. :D

My first shiny (with the Red Gyrados from Gold aside) was a Tentacool in Sapphire. Now being a Tentacruel, it is patiently waiting on my Black version for Pokemon Bank to come out so it can enter generation 6.

No joke; a shiny Oddish in my recent run of X.

I traded it to a buddy so he wouldn't feel bad that he never got one either.

Was it that one Oddish you traded?

I've gotten:

A shiny Graveler

A shiny Geodude,

Shiny Machoke

And other Shines via AR when I messed around with BW's Software.

I've been playing since yellow version and the 2 shinys I've encountered in all 6 gens have been a Wingull and Spinda actually the Spinda was my Mothers first shiny but she gave it to me because it was shiny.. ^^;

I haven't seen one in Gen 6 yet hoping for Lucario or Zangoose shiny somehow

Also technically I have one or two other shinys but I got them via GTS doesn't really count

I've had:

Machoke from diamond. Deleted the file because I didn't know how rare it was.

Psyduck in emerald. The little shit ran away.

Zigzagoon in an emerald ROM.

Shinx from Platinum. Now a Luxray. Lonely nature too. :D u jelly zm

Haven't had a legit one since the Shinx.

First I think was a Golden Caterpie that I beat because I thought I was either hallucinating or didn't know how valuable it was or whatever.

Shiny Hoothoot in Soul Silver, and I think in either Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire: Beautifly, Poochyena, Zigzagoon, AND Elektrike.

honestly why do we have so many of these threads lol

1. Someone gets a shiny.

2. They make a post to talk about it.

3. People talk about their shinies on it

4. The thread dies

5. Go back to step 1

I got a Shiny Ho-Oh in the GTS today :o

Edited by YoungMan

First one I got was a shiny Sunkern in Emerald. That was about 5 years ago, and it's long gone.

The next one I found after that was last year. A Makuhita in an Emerald ROM. I also recently found a shiny Pidgey in Heart Gold.

In Y, on release day, literally the first Pancham I ran into was a shiny. I've also found a shiny Wingull recently while doing some Pokedex grinding.