【東方】 Yet Another Touhou Draft

Scarlet

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Fera IN Analysis]Stage 1 - Nothing special

Wriggle - Nice graze racking. You sure took every opportunity to graze in her final non-Last Spell!

Stage 2 - Why did you remain as Sakuya when you started at 100%? AFAIK it's generally a better idea to stick to the form that the meter is leaning on. Aside from that, you missed some items, but I guess you were more focused on Time here

Mystia - That was a very unnecessary bomb on her last non-spell. But well, at least you captured her Last Spell. I tend to have a very hard time even unlocking it without Youmu solo.

Stage 3 - Remained as Sakuya despite starting with 100% youkai. You should really pay attention to your youkai meter more. Also, you missed a lot of grazing opportunities and also dropped a few items.

Keine - Did good on her non-spells. I have no idea how you failed to capture Ephemerality 137. You failed Orb too, but I would consider that to be her toughest Normal spell anyway (even tougher than her Last Spell). Remirya is so powerful compared to Yuyuko, wow.

I'm really surprised that you missed Keine's Last Spell. I'm guessing it's due to not grazing enough during the Stage. Just look at those bullets, they're practically begging for graze!

Stage 4 - Once again, you stayed as Sakuya at the start, despite the 100% youkai. Though, you probably actually needed Sakuya's spread shot this time. You were doing pretty good... until you died trying to auto-collect. Then again, I probably can't talk, since I trivialized stage stuff with Yuyuko. The bomb right after that death was definitely unnecessary though. Also, you didn't dance before Reimu... :(

That opening section of Maiden's Cappriccio sounds really ominous imo. Anyhow, I haven't fought Reimu in ages, so my analysis here would likely be really horrible. Still though, that death on her second non-spell seemed really silly. I'm also not understanding your placement of the familiars. From what I can see, your familiar locations were worse than Remirya's current location most of the time. Also, while I haven't fought Reimu recently myself, I don't think any of her spells can compare to the high-density, side bullets, and tiny gaps of Milky Way. But then again, none of these spells seem to be as trivial as Stardust Reverie.

Post-midboss was good, nothing special.

Reimu - Okay, you are definitely not making much of an attempt to reposition your familiars. All you need to do is unfocus for less than a second and focus again, allowing you to continue dodging as Remirya while repositioning the familiars.

Concentrate capture was amazing. I'd consider that to be Reimu's toughest non-Last spell. You captured Duplex Barrier too. You died to her Last Spell too early, but overall, your Reimu performance was really good. Much better than most of my Marisa performances for sure.

Stage 5 - For the first half, you did a good job memorizing the locations of those big fairies. You spent a useless but perfectly understandable bomb on Tewi, and then died a silly death >_>. You bombed to the diamond bullets after Tewi, and I think it's because you tried to outright avoid the diamond bullets rather than micrododge between them. You dealt with the big fairies at the end really well though. Remirya is too fast despite being focused.

Reisen - First non-spell and Mind Shaker were nothing special. Your bomb on her second non-spell makes me think that you're generally more panicky than I am when it comes to simple micrododging. Also, with Remirya's high speed, I now understand why you couldn't comprehend that going 100% Yuyuko on Visionary Tuning makes it tough. Remirya seems to have no issues whatsoever in getting to where she wants to go, despite being focused. You didn't auto-collect after Visionary Tuning, but you micrododged the non-spell pretty well.

You died to Idling Wave... Even though you've repeatedly kept telling me how easy it was whenever I complained about it. I should really stop taking you seriously when you talk about Touhou gameplay. And then you got hit again, but you deathbomb'd this time, at least.

Invisible Full Moon, I genuinely did not know you could capture it like that. I always hogged the bottom of the screen, where the bullets are much more dense. Now I understand why I kept feeling like it lasted for way too long. That was a good Tele-Mesmerism capture too!

Stage 6 - Oh, man, Kaguya's version of Stage 6 is so much easier than Eirin's... AND YOU STILL DIED THERE WHAT THE HELL???

Funny Eirin non-spell death. That actually happened to me a few times too. You moved too far while dodging, so you had to bomb again, which is perfectly normal from what I remember of this non-spell.

Why, just why are you not switching to Sakuya to destroy familiars in Galaxy of the Pot? Heck, even I switched to Youmu and she can barely kill stuff with only a vertical shot and a dancing Myon. Your Sakuya has spreading knives, but you decided to dodge all the bullets the hard way and had to pay for it with a bomb.

Kaguya - First non-spell, Remirya seriously has too much firepower. Yuyuko would probably spend triple the amount of time, despite the spread in her shot. As for Dragon's Necklace, imo it's Kaguya's toughest non-Last spell, so I think you should've just been prepared and bombed to it at the appropriate time instead of deathbombing, since the latter had double the cost.

Her second non-spell had an unexpected death, but it wasn't wasted since you had 0 bombs. As for Buddha's Stone Bowl, Remirya shotgun is too powerful, but it also seems like she is too fast. You captured it anyway.

Bubble non-spell, why is Kaguya's version easier than Eirin's version? Fire Rat's Robe was an excellent capture, even though you didn't even try to shoot any of the familiars. Also, I had a feeling you'd bomb to Swallow's Cowrie Shell, considering your general dislike for dense criss-crossing bullets.

Rainbow Danmaku... Okay, seriously now, why are you not switching to Sakuya here? Kaguya has armor until the circular bullets start being annoying, so that's the perfect time for Sakuya to start hurting the familiars instead of trying to chip in tiny damage against Kaguya. Especially since it's Remirya, who'll likely familiar shotgun Kaguya so fast once the armor breaks that the extra damage during the armor would save very little time. Considering that you had the ultimate bosskilling shot type, I'm really disappointed that you didn't capture this.

Alright, Last Spells! First one was an understandable failure. Second one was an unfortunate screwup, but hey, at least it only took half an hour instead of an hour. Third one is her easiest Last Spell imo, and it was nicely captured. Fourth one is one of her easier Last Spells too, but you died at 1 second remaining, ouch! Her final Last Spell is my favorite one, and I am pleased to see that you seemed to have enjoyed it as much as I do! And yet, you seem to be so repelled by PoFV... >_>

Overall: Remirya is far better than I imagined in this game. But aside from that, you seemed to have performed much better here than in the previous two games. Probably because you actually bothered to refine your submissions rather than send in the first 1cc you get. There were also plenty of silly deaths, and you sometimes even failed to deathbomb when you had at least two bombs (i.e. you had a super long time window). You should probably work on your deathbombing skills. Thankfully, you made good use of SDM Team's retrieval of a wasted bomb, as well as the slower item drop rate. Overall, it was a really good run, and I hope you still have the motivation to present even better runs for MoF and SA!

Also, I'm still waiting for my PCB analysis. And then there's IN...

I already analyzed Kalas-chan's one because he sent it to me last week in PM.

Edited by Railgun

You know it's not my fault.

Not saying that it is. But no matter the reason, a competition isn't very exciting when there's, well, no competition. :/

It's the bullet density, isn't it?

Nah, it's not that I have problems with it survival-wise (I did 1cc it on Hard), but I suck at the scoring techniques because they're needlessly complex (and dumb).

I thought anywhere between -100% and -80% will yield the same multiplier?

It does. However, all the star items and/or time points drawn towards you after clearing a spellcard or non-spell will immediately push you from 100% to -100% if you unfocus while they're still being collected (the opposite is also true, by the way). When possible, it's best to wait until the time points / star items have all been drawn towards you and then unfocus for a short moment to quickly collect the point items.

Although to be honest, I'm not sure how much impact exactly this actually has on your score and/or time points. It might not be that big.

Which is really dumb imo

Welcome to IN's scoring system! There's a reason I personally don't bother with it.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of Puku-chan (Pukuriripo), Xenomic (Xenomic) and Shadie (ShadielTH). I can ask them if they'll be interested.

But well, I'm pretty sure ZM will submit something for MoF. It's the only game where he can fight his waifu, aside from SA Extra, which I very much doubt he can unlock at his current skill level.

Well, of course I want to avoid just replacing him with someone else against his will if I can help it, but as manager of this particular draft thing I also feel an obligation to make sure there's actual competition (there's no helping it if the skill/practice levels just differ too much, but I can fight against inactivity), if you get my point.

Senpai, I did, but my internet was dead this morning...

...well, if you do have an improved entry that was made before the deadline, I'll make an exception just this once and count it, so go ahead and upload it. I know how much it sucks when things like these happen for reasons outside of your control. ;/

Okay. ;/

And don't say that! An improvement is an improvement.

Also, @Proto's analysis of Fera's run:

100% Youkai is actually completely useless during the stage parts themselves scoring-wise, as grazing bullets when no boss is on-screen doesn't give you any time points whatsoever (in fact, you even receive less Graze than usual if you stay at 100% Youkai; at -100%, every bullet grazed, while not giving you any time points, at least adds 3 to your Graze counter instead of 1).

Alright Scarlet, I get it now.

My limited computer time will be dedicated to submitting a replay for MoF, and down the road, I'll submit replays for the other games I missed. I know I can't match up against the other three, but as you said, it's better than inactivity.

Edited by ZeeEmm

Okay, that image brought me back to life. Seeing Flan-chan cheered me all up! Sorry for bugging you so much, I'll stop now. Flan-chan~ <3

Okay, that image brought me back to life. Seeing Flan-chan cheered me all up! Sorry for bugging you so much, I'll stop now. Flan-chan~ <3

Wait what really

That was short-lived

My imoutos are very special to me. If Flan-chan says nope, I'll stop immediately. And I'm happy about it, because it's for Flan-chan~ <3

does that mean I could draw an exceedingly cute image of flandre telling you how you suck

hypothetically of course, I wouldn't be that mean, not at all

You already did, and I'm treasuring that valuable picture in a very safe place. Of course, since it's with me, you can't really exploit it unless you retrieve it first.