• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Listening to my little sis play the clarinet like a boss

Makes me miss practicing the violin sometimes

I pulled out my violin the other day. Massive nostalgia trip. I might try restringing it and practicing it this weekend maybe.

I pulled out my violin the other day. Massive nostalgia trip. I might try restringing it and practicing it this weekend maybe.

> you play the violin

you just became fifteen billion times cooler my good sir. how many years have you been playing?

> you play the violin

you just became fifteen billion times cooler my good sir. how many years have you been playing?

I played from 5th grade throughout my undergraduate career and the following summer. When I moved to michigan for grad school I left it in minnesota, and I haven't really picked it back up... >_>/

So, umm, let's see, from '94 to '05, I guess?

I played from 5th grade throughout my undergraduate career and the following summer. When I moved to michigan for grad school I left it in minnesota, and I haven't really picked it back up... >_>/

So, umm, let's see, from '94 to '05, I guess?

11 yrs..wow. You must've been a professional at it back then!

Guys, wait. Sephiroth is a bad character? Wth, he has an interesting backstory, charme and mix of badassness.

He lacks in depth a bit, but at least he's memorable

fucking mamas boy

Rt: I don't think sephi is a bad character in other reincarnations of ff7, he's just bad in the original.

Guys, wait. Sephiroth is a bad character? Wth, he has an interesting backstory, charme and mix of badassness.

He lacks in depth a bit, but at least he's memorable

Agreed. He's at least a little personable as villains go.

NIGHTMARE

KINUMI

I GOTTA BUDDHA HAIRDO

kinda

MAGNIFICENT

fucking mamas boy

Rt: I don't think sephi is a bad character in other reincarnations of ff7, he's just bad in the original.

He's actually best and most threatening in the original. He was better when all you had of him was the result of his actions (waking up where everyone else has been slaughtered, corpse of a dragon hung up for all to see, etc.), but I still like him even after you begin interacting with him directly.

11 yrs..wow. You must've been a professional at it back then!

Naw, I was pretty bad, actually. Last stand 2nd violin, iirc. But hey, it takes a whole orchestra to play a piece, and I could contribute, so, it was still all good.

When we went on tour in China, it was fantastic. That will probably always remain one of my greatest memories.

He's actually best and most threatening in the original. He was better when all you had of him was the result of his actions (waking up where everyone else has been slaughtered, corpse of a dragon hung up for all to see, etc.), but I still like him even after you begin interacting with him directly.

I don't see how someone like Kefka and Kuja could do better, who with all due respect are better villains than him in their respected games

Sephiroth in CC/KH/AC is a lot better because he's more explained

And now I must go.

Edited by Yukari Yakumo

fucking mamas boy

I'm the exact opposite actually. But well, I dislike most characters in the rest of the ff7 franchise, the original game is the gem

Agreed. He's at least a little personable as villains go.

Naturally, he can't be compared to the best villains in proper storytelling mediums, i.e. books, japanese animation, western tv, but in gaming he has more personality than most I've seen. I mean, most game villains are bad for the sake of being bad

I don't see how someone like Kefka and Kuja could do better, who with all due respect are better villains than him in their respected games

Sephiroth in CC/KH/AC is a lot better because he's more explained

And now I must go.

Well, of course Kefka could do better. With the exception of Exdeath, he's probably the strongest there is. But I don't know why we're making villain comparisons anyway, when they all do what they need to do in their respective games.

That's fine I SUPPOSE, but I do enjoy some mystery. You also mention Kefka, when he's very enigmatic too. BUT LIKE, different strokes and all, I guess.

Have fun, wherever you go.

Naturally, he can't be compared to the best villains in proper storytelling mediums, i.e. books, japanese animation, western tv

Here's a little thing I find objectionable to an extent. Video games are great storytelling mediums, in actuality, because they can do it in ways that other mediums absolutely cannot. For example, I find 2001: A Space Odyssey an excruciatingly boring film, with exceptions to some scenes. Yet the same kind of thing can be applied to video games, more or less, and you'd have an amazingly engrossing story, due to the element of interaction introduced.

Edited by Nightmare