• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Mary_Elizabeth_Gore.JPG

Expected/10

I haven't written in visual novel form, more so in a..fiction novel of sorts. Writing just dialogue is a difficult feat at times crai

I remember the story but I never remember the name because of how many the letters the fricking thing has >:

But yeeeeeep. Just tests and projects.

Whoa now. The distinguishing feature of a visual novel is its use of narrative mode, it is far more than purely dialogue. This is even more pronounced when dealing with strict VN categorization (flat background with text from top all the way down) that doesn't lump in the ADV games (dedicated text bar down at the bottom) as well. I could go into this a whole lot more, but you've had a lot of conversation with Soledai since then that I only skimmed, so I'm not sure just how much your misconceptions have been addressed. Granted, often the narrative mode in VNs is first-person narration, but this is fine and expected. However, that's not always the case.

I uh, slept a little early, is all! It's kind of invigorating to be up so early, though! OH YES. Time and possibly payment if I ever go through with it! And yup, I'm in the process of creating the world, story, characters, ironing out all the details and all...since I feel like I need a really good foundation to build upon. Hopefully it'll become actually a game! Now what's with that tone

Whoa, that's super cool that you watched his movies when you were little. They're great movies! I hope you didn't hurt yourself trying to imitate him.

It seems so bizarre to wake up so early! For me, the last time I did it was for the meteor shower a couple months back. Though payment doesn't need to be a thing, I'm willing to do it for free with time o vo)/ But that sounds pretty cool! What tone though >:

It was a thing my parents liked to watch so yeah! I should try watching them sometime now that I'm older. I got a couple of scratches here and there, but it was worth it to become a master as being able to chop through foam blocks that were mostly cut up for you

I'll still try to help think of something, but I can't right now though.

Lacking uniqueness, eh...? ...I haven't played all my cards, so it's still too early to say.

Well if you say so then!

Mm..it seems like a typical dystopian but I suppose you make a point there.

it's been fine. Did two tests today, then did nothing for the rest pf the day and now i'm at the gym.

How was yours?

Mine has been alright, but I'm not looking forward to next week. So many presentations and tests during it OTL

No, the one I talked about a lot is the one I'm considering, but the other idea I posted in the PM's opening post has been in my head way before, but I just couldn't come up with a satisfying plot and the other story's concept interested me more. So I shifted my focus on the story with Sera and Arthur.

ahh I forgot there was a first concept you had. We talked about Sera and Arthur's story way more so I guess that first one just flew past me. Did you create a character that would fit the coyote yet? o:

Whoa now. The distinguishing feature of a visual novel is its use of narrative mode, it is far more than purely dialogue. This is even more pronounced when dealing with strict VN categorization (flat background with text from top all the way down) that doesn't lump in the ADV games (dedicated text bar down at the bottom) as well. I could go into this a whole lot more, but you've had a lot of conversation with Soledai since then that I only skimmed, so I'm not sure just how much your misconceptions have been addressed. Granted, often the narrative mode in VNs is first-person narration, but this is fine and expected. However, that's not always the case.

It's most likely from the lack of playing VN's that gives me a false perception as to how it is hearing how the vn is from friends doesn't feel the same as playing the VN yourself. It'll probably be a good idea to play a couple of them to know how they're like and all beforehand I suppose! I know there's a story behind it and all with the many many details that makes it such a great game aside from the dialogue, but it's just dialogue overall that I have trouble writing. I was told that my dialogue writing is too formal and I have to make it seem more casual so that's something I have to work on for a while.