• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I imagine rank control would be even more annoying in an arcade where you have to pay for lives....

Although serious though yeah we don't have design it around rank control we should find some cool way to make it unique. Man this is hard hmm

yeah it is kinda tough to think of something that would make it stand out.

I imagine rank control would be even more annoying in an arcade where you have to pay for lives....

yeah it is kinda tough to think of something that would make it stand out.

the system was actually designed to make money to unsuspecting players who went collect all powerups hold down shot button.

Yeah and we have to worry about scoring systems as well :(

the system was actually designed to make money to unsuspecting players who went collect all powerups hold down shot button.

Yeah and we have to worry about scoring systems as well :(

well that's kinda bs

yeah, that too...I don't know much about how scoring systems work. not like anyone pays attention to scores these days.

Edited by #RR. shinpichu

well that's kinda bs

yeah, that too...I don't know much about how scoring systems work. not like anyone pays attention to scores these days.

it's a business

its all about the money

why strikethrough

that its true

and hilarious XD

well if we actually can get someone who knows danmafaku and likes type moon this could be pretty awesome. We'd have to find some way to do some work ourselves though lol.

Also trust me if there isn't a good scoring system people will just throw the game away

Edited by Junk

you mean like a ranking?

Well a lot of shmups give out score bonuses for not dying in a stage and having a higher number of bombs.

no, I mean like a rating based on how many of your shots actually hit something.

It's not a 2D shmup, but rogue leader has something like that for its rankings at the stage.

Speaking of Rogue Leader, it also has a mechanic where your shots are a bit more powerful if you don't just spam your lasers...though I guess for a shmup, shot strength wouldn't matter much outside of bosses.

Edited by #RR. shinpichu

do we want to make this a bullet hell or a more traditional shmup (i.e bix hitboxes and way less bullets but much faster, something like truxton)

@shin nope from what i've played

Edited by Junk

Well I figured bullet hell was a given

Although I wouldn't mind a more traditional Shmup, those are fun too....Although in those, generally aren't the bosses really big? Doesn't seem like it'd work for a Tsukihime themed game.

I personally prefer bullet hell as well.

Just curious. Would it be possible to make a horizontal shmup with danmafaku?

@shock nope bullet hell is a subgenre of shmup

Edited by Junk