• Soledai

back in the good ol days of CT when jins ice car was useful TwT

now it's just combo filler

back when jin was still scrub character

OH WAIT HE STILL IS

SCRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB

*not at all salty that Terumi is bottom tier and Jin is top again in CP2.0*

Yeah, I knew that was only the tip of the iceberg

Do you have to be a maths major to understand this stuff?

The numbers are just movement, they're the direction your arcade stick moves in, 5 being not moved at all

cKPhm.png

So in layman's terms:

Corner 5BB>5C>3C>214B>5B>5C>2C>6C>623C>5BB>5C>2C>hj.5C>j.2C>j.214D>land 6C>OD>623B>632146C

In the corner neutral B x2 > neutral C > crouching forward C > quarter circle back B > neutral B > neutral C > crouching C > forward C > Dragonpunch C > neutral B x2 > neutral C > crouching C > high jump with down C > air jump with down C > air quarter circle back D > landing down C > Overdrive mode > Dragonpunch B > half circle back, forward C

back when jin was still scrub character

OH WAIT HE STILL IS

SCRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB

*not at all salty that Terumi is bottom tier and Jin is top again in CP2.0*

Jin is top tier in two games in a row

the jin cycle is broken

CT - high tier

CS - low tier

CS2 - high tier

CSE - low tier

CP - high tier

CPE - high tier

Edited by Yuki

OKAY LESSON TIME

When you see those numbers in combo strings posted online, it corresponds to the position of the stick (or pad, I don't judge) you're using.

Notation goes as follows:

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

Where each number corresponds to a different position, and 5 is neutral (no stick movement). Generally only 1-6 are used in notation, since most fighters don't use upwards motions (unless it's a 360, but those are usually just referred to by move name).

In BlazBlue, A corresponds to your light attack, B to your medium, C to your heavy, and D for your Drive. In P4A, A is weak physical, B is strong physical, C is weak Persona, and D is strong Persona. Guilty uses a different notation system of P (punch), K (kick), S (slash) and HS (heavy slash). Dusts are separate, usually.

OKAY LESSON TIME

When you see those numbers in combo strings posted online, it corresponds to the position of the stick (or pad, I don't judge) you're using.

Notation goes as follows:

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

Where each number corresponds to a different position, and 5 is neutral (no stick movement). Generally only 1-6 are used in notation, since most fighters don't use upwards motions (unless it's a 360, but those are usually just referred to by move name).

In BlazBlue, A corresponds to your light attack, B to your medium, C to your heavy, and D for your Drive. In P4A, A is weak physical, B is strong physical, C is weak Persona, and D is strong Persona. Guilty uses a different notation system of P (punch), K (kick), S (slash) and HS (heavy slash). Dusts are separate, usually.

ninja'd

uh yeah

I can't think fast enough to pull that off anytime soon

Well you're not supposed to read it while playing real opponents lol

The point is that you practice combo's and learn them by memory, not by notation but just through muscle memory.

Edited by Yuki

ACTUALLY NO FUCK YOU I EXPLAINED THE NOTATION BETTER BECAUSE YOU NEVER EXPLAINED THE ATTACK NOTATIONS ONLY DIRECTIONS

EAT A DICK

ACTUALLY NO FUCK YOU I EXPLAINED THE NOTATION BETTER BECAUSE YOU NEVER EXPLAINED THE ATTACK NOTATIONS ONLY DIRECTIONS

EAT A DICK

301m5jd.jpg

oh yeah there's also inputs like say Hazama's meterless DP kick, which requires him to be in a "stance". Which is like

"214D~B"

Quarter circle back D (gets him into the stance) which can be followed by B (the actual kick)

Charge characters like Kagura use this too but with a hold. His DP is

"[2]~8C"

Hold down followed by up C

Edited by Yuki

ALSO NOTE: other games, such as Street Fighter, don't use the same attack notation. For Street Fighter, it's because it's a six button fighter, in which case notation goes as such:

LP: Light Punch

MP: Medium Punch

HP: Heavy Punch

LK: Light Kick

MK: Medium Kick

HK: Heavy Kick

Other common terms may include:

QCF/QCB: The notations 236 (for QCF) and 214 (for QCB). May also be referred to as Hadouken since the motion is most known from that move.

Dragon Punch/DP: Usually, a 623 motion, can also be called Shoryuken due to that being the most notable usage of the directional input. Some character's DPs are different, though; for example, Guile's Flash Kick (and by extension, Kagura's variant) are also functionally DPs.

Hurricane Kick: AKA the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, usually a half-circle motion in either direction.

OD/Cancel: As Yuki noted, overdrive. Most games have the Overdrive input as a quick cancel input, though BlazBlue uses a different input (I believe just A+B+C?)

Charge inputs are weird and fuck charge characters they're shit so I don't even care.

(I believe just A+B+C?)

BlazBlue shares OD with Burst, so A+B+C+D without being in any way attacked or blocking

HEY YUKI WHY DON'T YOU EXPLAIN WHAT A FUCKING DP IS

OH WAIT YOU CAN'T I BEAT YOU TO IT GET FUCKED

this is slowly turning into "Yuki and Stinger explain Fighting Game inputs while being huge competitive tsundere's to eachother about it"

DP = dragon punch = 623?

Usually, but it can depend on the character, such as Hazama or a charge character. Yuki went over that one.

DP = dragon punch = 623?

Yep. Forward-down-diagonalforwarddown.

Dragonpunch is the usual name for that input but as Poly said above me, chars have different inputs for DP's because, well, a DP in truth is an attack that has invincibility but a long cooldown.

that's Burst, yeah, but I was talking about Rapid Cancels

Oh, yeah, Rapid Cancels are A+B+C

Edited by Yuki

RC the second hit of Serpents Laceration A (63214A), the first being the trip and the second the stomp down, and your opponent can't move for a few seconds, laying there.

So you can taunt their shit