• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

You can download Windows 10 iso for free on Microsoft's official website. (You don't require a product key or anything)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

If you really don't want to wait for them to push the upgrade you can force it right now. (Just do an upgrade install, and your Windows 10 will be activated)

Edited by Naughx

I never really had Windows 8 crash (maybe 2 incredibly isolated instances). Occasionally Explorer needed to be restarted, but if you count that as a crash, you're silly.

I try to avoid Windows altogether.

Yep. In fact, the only time I've ever legit crashed on a Windows 8 (or 7) rig is due to hardware issues or a software conflict (antivirus shit usually)

But sometimes Microsoft releases a faulty update. So it can be the OS.

Edited by Naughx

I don't think I've ever had an update screw up my computer that badly, but there have been some pretty fail ones, yes. That, unfortunately, has always been a thing though. A security flaw here, some annoying mouse issues there. Such is the woe of software development.

Kinda funny how the computer I upgraded to 8 from 7 happened to be the most stable computer ever.

Even so, I still haven't really encountered an OS crash, I think... Usually they died from some other reason, I THINK. Edited by Espeon

I've always found Microsoft Update a pain to use compared to apt-get/aptitude or dpkg.

I just manually install the updates whenever. Way better than automatically installing.

Even so, I still haven't really encountered an OS crash, I think... Usually they died from some other reason, I THINK.

That's pretty lucky.