Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Proto told me if i didn't mind tear jearkers to check clannad

To check it out, yeah. It's still not something that I'd expect everyone to enjoy. I'd suggest trying out one or two routes (preferably a main heroine route) and see how you like it.

higurashi though..

yeah

Higurashi, on the other hand, I would recommend to pretty much everyone except those that can't handle mildly disturbing text gore.

Both Clannad and Higurashi or quite long as a whole, though, so I'd suggest reading one or two arcs for either of those before deciding whether they're worth reading.

yeah

Steins;Gate was a VN

it had a sequel

Sol and Proto don't recommend it

Steins;Gate is great VN! One of my favorites, in fact. I would really recommend it too. It's somewhat long, though not as long as Clannad or Higurashi.

The Steins;Gate VN sequel was announced really recently and won't be out for another year or so.

The anime adaptation of Steins;Gate was actually quite decent. One of the few VN-to-anime adaptations that actually turned out good. The anime movie sequel, on the other hand, was crap. Don't watch it at all.

Steins;Gate is good, even if I couldn't really get into it.

Chaos;Head is bad.

Why the Chaos;HEAd hate? Assuming you're referring to the VN, I actually really liked Chaos;HEAd. I think it did a great job in setting up the atmosphere and immersing the reader into the world with some pretty profound experiences.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Why the Chaos;HEAd hate? Assuming you're referring to the VN, I actually really liked Chaos;HEAd. I think it did a great job in setting up the atmosphere and immersing the reader into the world with some pretty profound experiences.

Yes I was referring to the VN. I did like how everyting was presented, the "fantasies" were a hit and miss for me though, but still I could not get into it. I don't hate it, I just dislike it.

It's kind of funny you said this, when I've been considering picking it back up for the past 3 days.

Edited by Soledai

although I have only watched the anime of clannad and haven't even finished higurashi

IMO

higurashi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>clannad. But it's just because not a fan of romance and clannad I consider pretty bad until the last parts.

Hi Shok

Yes I was referring to the VN. I did like how everyting was presented, the "fantasies" were a hit and miss for me though, but still I could not get into it. I don't hate it, I just dislike it.

It's kind of funny you said this, when I've been considering picking it back up for the past 3 days.

Hmmm, I see. I suppose that makes sense. Its charms were pretty specific and it wasn't designed to appeal for the general audience after all.

although I have only watched the anime of clannad and haven't even finished higurashi

IMO

higurashi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>clannad. But it's just because not a fan of romance and clannad I consider pretty bad until the last parts.

Clannad's anime adaptation was okay imo. Mixing up all the routes together was kinda bleh, but they didn't badly mess it up at least.

VNs though, I still prefer Higurashi over Clannad. Interesting that you consider Clannad to be pretty bad until the last parts, since the main factor that puts Clannad down for me is its ending.

btw if you're reading Higurashi, I would strongly suggest taking notes, and trying to formulate your own theories on all the events going on. Even if your theories are completely off the mark, simply watching everything get pieced together feels a lot better when you already considered each of the pieces deeply.

I found clannad pretty bad because the first half of the first season was probably the most boring thing i've ever watched and while the rest got a bit better I can't stand moe and it's constantly in there. While the ending is pretty bad the parts before that were pretty good. Shame they had to make it a generic happy ending.

@proto I actually watched and finished the anime of higurashi a long time ago so I know what happens.

@proto I actually watched and finished the anime of higurashi a long time ago so I know what happens.

NOOOOOOoooooooooooooo, why would you watch a DEEN adaptation?????

Hmmm, I see. I suppose that makes sense. Its charms were pretty specific and it wasn't designed to appeal for the general audience after all.

Still, I'll give it another shot, maybe now knowing what I'm in for, I can better tolerate it... and part of the reason is that Chaos;Child was interesting.

Also, how goes?

it was just more accessible at the time man. I feel dumb now because the VN is 1000 times better.

The original content usually is.... usually.

Also how are your VN adventures going?

oh jesus christ

Spoiler tag it

Edited by Soledai

Currently reading higurashi. Planning to finish umineko once done with higurashi although so far higurashi is way better IMO.

I wanted to read the muv luv series because apparently alternative is amazing but problems arose.

I also want to read a bunch of untranslated ones such as dies irae and murumasa but no japanese knowledge and apparently those games are insanely hard to read anyway : (

I was considering Muv Luv myself actually, I might not start VNs again until after I read Cartagra.

I'm on the fence about Umineko myself, I'm not against it, but it's not a priority. I'd like to read Caucasus, but it's not translated.

Edited by Soledai

Still, I'll give it another shot, maybe now knowing what I'm in for, I can better tolerate it... and part of the reason is that Chaos;Child was interesting.

Also, how goes?

Eh, Chaos;Child? Is there a sequel to Chaos;HEAd?

Going pretty good here. Just playing some Touhou fangames and waiting for my Canadian visa.

something bringing up your vn recommendations

something hhh vn in the works

yeah

Ah, yeah, have you decided on which VN to check out?

it was just more accessible at the time man. I feel dumb now because the VN is 1000 times better.

The original VNs are always way better than their anime adaptations even in cases like Steins;Gate or Clannad where the anime wasn't too bad.

SENPAI <3

J~ <3

Currently reading higurashi. Planning to finish umineko once done with higurashi although so far higurashi is way better IMO.

I wanted to read the muv luv series because apparently alternative is amazing but problems arose.

I also want to read a bunch of untranslated ones such as dies irae and murumasa but no japanese knowledge and apparently those games are insanely hard to read anyway : (

Oh, yeah, I wanted to read Muv-Luv but it's apparently heavily NSFP so...

The only untranslated VN that I really want to read was Aiyoku no Eustia. I wish they finished translating it...

Ah, yeah, have you decided on which VN to check out?

i've been looking into it

really want to give higurashi a try

but on the combination of college work and not knowing where to look

i haven't reallybeen cheking them out

Eh, Chaos;Child? Is there a sequel to Chaos;HEAd?

Going pretty good here. Just playing some Touhou fangames and waiting for my Canadian visa.

Yep, I read it... some of it in Japanese, but it starts out with some guy making a video recording, then he just plops dead, then another guy a few days later died the same way, as in just randomly.

The "delusions" are still intact, and just as odd as C;H

Fangames, eh? Which if I may? Sightseeing in Canada, perhaps?