Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Yeah, but... on your own?

Unless they're terribly personal, you don't have to do these things on your own.

Heh, I agree. I could do nothing today though, but nah. How about you? Are you keeping busy?

Well yeah, it is personal matters but I do try to talk to people but its hard because I usually feel too scared to reach out, I'm bad at communicating all around and its scary and it doesn't help that a lot of it is really negative and I think it'd just get draining on people fast. I always worry I'm just annoying the few people I can tell and I worry about people thinking theres something "wrong" with me if I truthfully tell them about my fears and thought processes and things like that

but because of that I end up doing things like mismanaging it and say things as a call for help but people misunderstand and then I look bad

I think I need professional help, but even that is a major hurdle because of my parents (they think getting out more would solve everything, don't understand that I do NOT want to take meds unless I've exhausted my options and nothing else is working, they think me not telling them everything = not trusting them enough..)

I dunno, I'm just like, at a loss here

Yeah, activity is always good \o/ I'm trying to, I should probably get back into playing MGSV because I haven't touched it in days it takes me forever to finish anything

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I'm not sure how to feel about it

Though he was surprisingly accurate

Do what I did and just have a laugh and some tea

Morn o/

Well yeah, it is personal matters but I do try to talk to people but its hard because I usually feel too scared to reach out, I'm bad at communicating all around and its scary and it doesn't help that a lot of it is really negative and I think it'd just get draining on people fast. I always worry I'm just annoying the few people I can tell and I worry about people thinking theres something "wrong" with me if I truthfully tell them about my fears and thought processes and things like that

but because of that I end up doing things like mismanaging it and say things as a call for help but people misunderstand and then I look bad

I think I need professional help, but even that is a major hurdle because of my parents (they think getting out more would solve everything, don't understand that I do NOT want to take meds unless I've exhausted my options and nothing else is working, they think me not telling them everything = not trusting them enough..)

I dunno, I'm just like, at a loss here

Yeah, activity is always good \o/ I'm trying to, I should probably get back into playing MGSV because I haven't touched it in days it takes me forever to finish anything

Let me preface: by terribly personal, I meant something that someone else can't help with. Something "exclusive", if you get my drift.

Well, let me explain this as best as I can. It's not entirely about being a good or bad communicator, it's just about making yourself understood, if that makes sense.

Also, I doubt you are being or will be draining to a friend or someone who cares enough to want to help you; my bet is that the friend's main concern is whether or not they will be able to help you. You've got to trust the people you confide in/want to confide in as much as they trust you. None of your friends are going to turn you away or think something is wrong with you if you decide to be forthcoming.

I don't disagree with your folks about getting out, but I would extend getting out to something beyond getting out the house. Changing your perspective on things and your comfort zone may help indeed. They... probably(don't quote me on that) want to believe they are helping by suggesting things, therefore the; "the less you tell us, the more we assume you don't trust us" mentality kicks in.

You said it yourself, don't give in until you've tried everything. Even then, still don't.

> MGSV

I can't say I expected you to be an MGS fan, interesting. How do you like it so far?

Edited by Soledai

Ohshi-

Story of my life. Also, there's some pretty offensive variants to this joke.

Haha, I had that same response.

Same. I think I saw one when I found that one... I think, didn't really look at it

Okay then

Morning Sol~! How's your morning going so far?

My morning is okay actually.

Before I realized, I was drinking some tea, so that's a thing.

Edited by Soledai

That moment when you can't find the classroom and end up giving up and surfing the net. Me right now.

> Looking for the one that abandoned me classroom

Edited by Soledai

Thank you both Sask and Alicia \o

Let me preface: by terribly personal, I meant something that someone else can't help with. Something "exclusive", if you get my drift.

Well, let me explain this as best as I can. It's not entirely about being a good or bad communicator, it's just about making yourself understood, if that makes sense.
Also, I doubt you are being or will be draining to a friend or someone who cares enough to want to help you; my bet is that the friend's main concern is whether or not they will be able to help you. You've got to trust the people you confide in/want to confide in as much as they trust you. None of your friends are going to turn you away or think something is wrong with you if you decide to be forthcoming.

I don't disagree with your folks about getting out, but I would extend getting out to something beyond getting out the house. Changing your perspective on things and your comfort zone may help indeed. They... probably(don't quote me on that) want to believe they are helping by suggesting things, therefore the; "the less you tell us, the more we assume you don't trust us" mentality kicks in.

You said it yourself, don't give in until you've tried everything. Even then, still don't.

> MGSV
I can't say I expected you to be an MGS fan, interesting. How do you like it so far?

Ahhh, I see

That all makes sense too, I'm used to bottling up everything and just going along with things until stress and other things hit me like a ton of bricks starting a few years back. Socialization experiences are also lacking, so yeeeeah. I wanna be able to open up and confide in more people too, I don't know if I'm improving on that but I'd like to think so.

Yeah I mean I wanna go out more and I think it'd help some, but I just think its gonna take a lot more than that like you said. Both of my parents mean well but it just sucks how they don't kinda get everything and I can't bring up stuff without them getting yell-y/defensive over it which I can't really handle and they're another part of the struggles I've been facing, but thats another whole long story entirely

I'm holding out yeah, also I'm much grateful for your help.

Its pretty good! I don't normally play stealth games as a whole but I got intrigued about it a few years back due things I've seen on the 'net about the story and the series' sense of humor

The open-world aspect is a bit daunting and the AI seems a lot smarter, so I tend to screw up a lot even though I play cautiously and would rather just tranq/fulton the shit out of everyone but guards seem more abundant/closer together this time around ;_; I should be able to get used to it eventually probably

Don't be afraid to ask around, it'll help you be more sociable as well as not tardy.

I'm incapable of going around talking to people face to face. I just can't do it no matter how hard I try.

Ahhh, I see

That all makes sense too, I'm used to bottling up everything and just going along with things until stress and other things hit me like a ton of bricks starting a few years back. Socialization experiences are also lacking, so yeeeeah. I wanna be able to open up and confide in more people too, I don't know if I'm improving on that but I'd like to think so.

Yeah I mean I wanna go out more and I think it'd help some, but I just think its gonna take a lot more than that like you said. Both of my parents mean well but it just sucks how they don't kinda get everything and I can't bring up stuff without them getting yell-y/defensive over it which I can't really handle and they're another part of the struggles I've been facing, but thats another whole long story entirely

I'm holding out yeah, also I'm much grateful for your help.

Its pretty good! I don't normally play stealth games as a whole but I got intrigued about it a few years back due things I've seen on the 'net about the story and the series' sense of humor

The open-world aspect is a bit daunting and the AI seems a lot smarter, so I tend to screw up a lot even though I play cautiously and would rather just tranq/fulton the shit out of everyone but guards seem more abundant/closer together this time around ;_; I should be able to get used to it eventually probably

Well, since you're telling me this much, despite the fact that we don't talk much, I want to think you're making good progress. These things take time, so just keep going at your own pace.

There's a thing that parents do that kinda bugs me, and I hope this isn't the case here; but when they suggest things like getting out more, doing more, and stuff, then don't try to help out... But my peeves are irrelevant. No problem, I hope you can get that one sorted out nicely, and if not; you have friends who'll lend an ear for you.

Don't mention it. Even if I wasn't actually helpful, it's the least I can do for a friend.

I'm incapable of going around talking to people face to face. I just can't do it no matter how hard I try.

Make it appear that why, look in the direction of their face or in their direction in general. I used to cut my eye at people when I couldn't make eye contact... and that's probably why I looked a mean person, lmao.

Alternatively, what is that thing those young girls do in animes? Hold a book over your face and ask, then look away bashfully.

Edited by Soledai