• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Oh hi Bal.

My thoughts are currently on the War of Wrath. The account in The Silmarillion is so brief, there's much more detail in The History of Middle-earth, but then the question arises what is canon and what isn't (as with my example of the Battle of Nan-tathren).

Also, Dagor Bragollach and Nirnaeth Arnoediad were both pretty cool, in my opinion.

I'll confess to not having finished reading the Histories, (I think I stopped at 2?) And I was mostly just making that comment in jest, because yeah, both were pretty bad-ass.

I'll confess to not having finished reading the Histories, (I think I stopped at 2?) And I was mostly just making that comment in jest, because yeah, both were pretty bad-ass.

Eh, the Histories are not everyone's cup of tea, but I like learning about the development of the tales, and thinking about what should and should not be counted as canon. The first account of the War of Wrath is somewhere at the end of the second volume (it's only brief outlines, but it's interesting to see how different it is from the account in The Silmarillion).

The third volume really grabbed my attention though. It has the tale of the children of Húrin in alliterative-metric verse and the tale of Beren and Lúthien in rhyming-rhythmic verse (though both poems are unfinished, sadly).

I don't understand. What's wrong with a gamestop exclusive?

Gamestop had exclusives for Shulk and Ness amiibos

Shulk was horible understocked with like, 2 or so in each store iirc

in some odd effort to make up for it, gamestop offered pre-orders for their next shipments of shulk amiibos that won't come until two months later

and then there was the Ness debacle that caused the entire gamestop system to crash from too many people wanting to pre-order him

and he too was horribly understocked

though the three pack that was also a gamestop exclusive was actually well stocked with the pre-orders for it staying up until its release

and even then that three pack is still up on store shelves as we speak

Edited by Trisitei