• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Yeah, I know. It just bugs me so much that A) It's not even her real name she's soiling, its just a shortened version of her username and B) It just happens to be the exact same spelling as mine. I wouldn't care as much if it were the more common Anna spelling, but since my version is a lot rarer where I live, it never fails to get my attention when I see my name's spelling being used. But I digress.

And yes, I have. It certainly does look interesting, though I feel like I'd get pretty overwhelmed at first with perspective, controls, and all that constant scanning. I don't usually like playing in the first person perspective since I like to be able to see beyond my character's line of vision at their surroundings, but I suppose I could get used to it if I enjoyed playing it enough. The music and environments are stellar though. I guess I could give it a try when I can. When I have more of an income, I'll see if I can find a used version at a game store.

I was about to ask if you ever brought up the up the idea about her changing her nickname, but I realized that 1) this would create a situation where you have to antagonize her and 2) Even is she changed her username, most people would still use it. It is a shame though. I'd say that you should try to tune it out, but I know how hard it can since even though I went to class 3 years with someone sharing my name, I still reacted when someone mentioned it (I even was surprised then disappointed when he was the winner of a prize that was handed out a month ago).

Metroid Prime was my first first-person game and I think the intro level does a very good job at familiarizing you with the controls. And the first-person view really helped me with the immersion factor of the game. You really feel like you're looking through the visor (instead of through a camera held by a Lakitu like in Super Mario 64 xp) The scanning is mostly optional (only some controls for doors or elevators need to be scanned and they're usually easy to identify), though I liked doing it since the backstory obtained though lores can be hilarious and interesting (learning about the life of the previous civilization or hearing reports of how Space Pirate scientist failed miserably to imitate the Morph Ball is pretty entertaining). The music and environment are stellar though. One of my favorite moment is to look up at the sky when you first land on the planet and to look at the raindrops falling on the visor while this song plays:

Also, I was curious about the price of used copies and found out that they're being sold for around 10$ on Amazon.com (not Amazon.ca xp).

I dunno if that will be a good or bad thing... >_>

I think it would just create confusion and make it so some people get you mixed with Anacybele, which I think is something you wish to avoid.

Maybe I should start calling you Silvana

I was about to ask if you ever brought up the up the idea about her changing her nickname, but I realized that 1) this would create a situation where you have to antagonize her and 2) Even is she changed her username, most people would still use it. It is a shame though. I'd say that you should try to tune it out, but I know how hard it can since even though I went to class 3 years with someone sharing my name, I still reacted when someone mentioned it (I even was surprised then disappointed when he was the winner of a prize that was handed out a month ago).

Metroid Prime was my first first-person game and I think the intro level does a very good job at familiarizing you with the controls. And the first-person view really helped me with the immersion factor of the game. You really feel like you're looking through the visor (instead of through a camera held by a Lakitu like in Super Mario 64 xp) The scanning is mostly optional (only some controls for doors or elevators need to be scanned and they're usually easy to identify), though I liked doing it since the backstory obtained though lores can be hilarious and interesting (learning about the life of the previous civilization or hearing reports of how Space Pirate scientist failed miserably to imitate the Morph Ball is pretty entertaining). The music and environment are stellar though. One of my favorite moment is to look up at the sky when you first land on the planet and to look at the raindrops falling on the visor while this song plays:

Also, I was curious about the price of used copies and found out that they're being sold for around 10$ on Amazon.com (not Amazon.ca xp).

I think it would just create confusion and make it so some people get you mixed with Anacybele, which I think is something you wish to avoid.

Maybe I should start calling you Silvana

yeah, it might be doormat behavior, but I suppose I shouldn't open that can of worms.

Sounds good! I guess I can get my brother to help me with those kinds of things (he's usually better at them then I am), and he might enjoy this game alot.

And I guess I'll order it on Amazon at some point then; that's pretty cheap!

Silva is fine please; I feel like that would confuse people even more....

yeah, it might be doormat behavior, but I suppose I shouldn't open that can of worms.

Sounds good! I guess I can get my brother to help me with those kinds of things (he's usually better at them then I am), and he might enjoy this game alot.

And I guess I'll order it on Amazon at some point then; that's pretty cheap!

Silva is fine please; I feel like that would confuse people even more....

I have a doormat behavior. I once got mad at some people that were bullying me and they just laughed at me. Now I just try to avoid trouble.

I'm maybe the wrong person to recommend this game since I have the immense amount of bias that comes with Metroid Prime being my favorite game. (I'd recommend getting the Trilogy version since all three games are great, but the price is a bit too steep. It's 300$ new and 100$ used on Amazon.ca and it's 60$ used on Amazon.com. That's why I was surprised at how cheap Metroid Prime is. Then again, Trilogy was a limited print collector's edition game and I missed getting it when it was 50$ x'<)

And I was joking xp

funnily enough, for a while xenoblade was cheaper here than in the US.

Yeah, and now Xenoblade is worth $50 used...that only took two years. >_>

Luckily I bought my copy at launch, when it was still worth $50. Happy belated 20th birthday to me, I guess. XD

Edited by Karaszure

funnily enough, for a while xenoblade was cheaper here than in the US.

This is a game I am really glad I got near its release date. If Metroid Prime is my #1 favorite game, Xenoblade is my #2. (fun fact, a used 'the last story' copy is more expensive than a new 'xenoblade copy and double the price of a new copy of 'the last story' on Amazon.ca WTH)

@Silva: I'm just messin with you is all

sarcasticclap.gif

I have a doormat behavior. I once got mad at some people that were bullying me and they just laughed at me. Now I just try to avoid trouble.

I'm maybe the wrong person to recommend this game since I have the immense amount of bias that comes with Metroid Prime being my favorite game. (I'd recommend getting the Trilogy version since all three games are great, but the price is a bit too steep. It's 300$ new and 100$ used on Amazon.ca and it's 60$ used on Amazon.com. That's why I was surprised at how cheap Metroid Prime is. Then again, Trilogy was a limited print collector's edition game and I missed getting it when it was 50$ x'<)

And I was joking xp

That's basically my creed.

I think I'll try out the first one just to be safe; it helps that it's very cheap too. I'll see if I enjoy it enough to get the rest.