Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

>on a personal goal to wake up earlier

>wakes up at 2

i'm..

i'm gonna need a moment..

This really shouldn't bug me so much but why do people sit beside me when there's lots of other seats around ;-;

I need my space fr-

Oh they left lol

complain about something on the internet and the thing fixes itself

i could tell stories from all the times that's happened

*explodes*

*leaves*

how could you

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

>on a personal goal to wake up earlier

>wakes up at 2

i'm..

i'm gonna need a moment..

Reminds of the time when my friend decided to go to bed at 10 instead of past midnight hoping she'd wake up earlier. She woke up at 2PM.

-snip-

-snip-

What if I live in a place that is not claimed by a government, but an invading force conquers the territory by force? Have I legitimately signed their new social contract? If you want to argue that I can leave, that is not necessarily the case. Suppose that they require me to pay $1.00 to leave. Have I signed the contract that says I have to abide by that restriction (extortion)? In order to work to get that money, they require you to pay taxes. Have I legitimately agreed to work for my conqueror's benefit (slave labor)? Now think of today. Every government I know of requires money to leave its borders, above and beyond the private transportation costs.

What if they kill me and everyone who lives there, then claim it for their own? Does everyone who comes there afterward have to succumb to their new social contract, despite their crimes? If that is not basis for a legitimate government, then every government is illegitimate. If it is a basis for legitimate government, then I can get a group together and become that invading force, destroy the government that exists there and claim the land as my own. Everyone who comes there afterward is signing my social contract so long as I say it is legitimate and enforce that idea on my land from then on.

The idiots who did this have no right to do so. But neither does the government. Who can tell which is which in the grand scheme? If these ruffians win this conflict and grow in number, they could one day be the power that governs these states. People who are born after their victory will feel exactly like you do and argue that anyone who comes to these states has to abide by their rules. Just a few hundred years ago, a rebellion took place by a militia against what was believed to be an oppressive body. That militia made its own state. Then it crushed rebellions by the people it conquered, the natives of the land.

There are arguments against what is happening, but they do not stem from something as stupid as social contract theory.

Curious what you two think of this (I saw you talking about natural law the other day).

Edited by Makaze

Reminds of the time when my friend decided to go to bed at 10 instead of past midnight hoping she'd wake up earlier. She woke up at 2PM.

i feel so bad for that person

i hired the Fūma ninjas to track you

you're not safe

oh fuck

not them

they're incredibly annoying

ugh i ended up reading some xenoblade x spoilers fml

also lmao look at this:

[spoiler=#fe spoilers i guess but who the hell cares]

wtf is this shit? hahahahahaha

What did you get spoiled?

Also, did you see Dusk and Frosty's reply to the question you asked about how to take screenshots?

Clearly GotY material right there