• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

The decade of our loose continuity connections ended in New York shortly before Bowie’s 60th birthday. It was at a party in a Tribeca hotel. As I arrived I saw Bowie stepping out of a yellow cab and paying the driver. Greeting him and vaguely surprised to see him in this form of transport I asked him if he ever had any problems moving around the city. Not at all, he said, he happily used cabs and subways. “I just carry one of these,” he said, and held up a Greek newspaper. People think: that’s David Bowie, surely? Then they see the Greek newspaper – no, can’t be, just some Greek guy who looks like him.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jan/12/art-david-bowie-william-boyd-nat-tate-editor-critic-modern-painters-publisher

So you haven't made a thread, huh, lol.

Wait I thought you made one a while back, in the gaming section.

Oh well.

It's been over two years, and apparently, they get removed from the "topic" tab after a long while.

Make the "soledai are u on skype" thread.

Don't forget the tags.

Skerp, skip skipe, skaipu, etc.

..Come to think of it, I don't get asked this as often nowadays.

Edited by Soledai

It's funny because I'm in exactly two groups.

wow i didnt even know-

i meant..

yep, i knew i was right B]

..Come to think of it, I don't get asked this as often nowadays.

just wait for when alicia asks ones of these days

You all take the phrase "soledai are u on skype" too literally.

It means a lot more than just asking if soledai is indeed present on skype. It's tied to everyone's internal struggle to find guidance, to escape the confines of day-to-day forum activity, to look for answers, and meaning, and 'soledai' and 'skype' are just names that represent a much more deep psychological concept.

..go lay down

You all take the phrase "soledai are u on skype" too literally.

It means a lot more than just asking if soledai is indeed present on skype. It's tied to everyone's internal struggle to find guidance, to escape the confines of day-to-day forum activity, to look for answers, and meaning, and 'soledai' and 'skype' are just names that represent a much more deep psychological concept.

Indeed. One might even interpret "Skype" as a metaphor for life, and "Soledai" as a metaphor for the meaning in life. Indeed, don't we all look for the Soledai on Skype? And occasionally we may think that we have found him on Skype and talk to him for a while... But then later, we find ourselves wondering: "Was it really Soledai? Was Soledai really ever there? Or is Soledai just an illusion?"

We all look for the Soledai on the Skype that we call our lives, but very possibly we may never truly find him.

Edited by Hattusili I

I put Rath on Sonia's range in night of farewells without noticing and she one shotted him. I got mad because I was almost beating the map, rage quitted and deleted the save file. Now I'm feeling dumb, but I won't restart FE7 at least until I beat Xenoblade X.

I also need to go to the gym but I'm feeling very lazy today.

Life is hard

Edited by Nobody

But one must also ask, what is the nature of this thing we call Skype? Existing in skype, going through skype. Is it but a dream, is it something that is guided by the rules of logic and reason, or a more irrational entity, or something our minds cannot simply comprehend? Can we truly know what Skype is, much less the nature of Soledai, or are we only deceiving ourselves? Skype is mysterious thing, it is undefinable in it's metaphysics, and is a concept more complex than we will ever know.

Yet still, we search for Soledai even without knowing what skype is, much less what he is.

It's true. We think about the meaning of Soledai without even questioning the meaning of Skype. We think we know what Skype is, but that is only an illusion. We only know that little of Skype as we perceive it. Truly, we may never find the meaning of Soledai, for we do not even know what Skype is.

I put Rath on Sonia's range in night of farewells without noticing and she one shotted him. I got mad because I was almost beating the map, rage quitted and deleted the save file. Now I'm feeling dumb, but I won't restart FE7 at least until I beat Xenoblade X.

I also need to go to the gym but I'm feeling very lazy today.

Life is hard

i just came back from gym

if i can be unlazy enough to go so can you

"It is not the death of your unit which troubles you, but the desire to keep him alive. Eliminate desire from yourself and you will reach enlightenment"-Buddha.

But if you let someone die, it means your strategy was bad and therefore you didn't really figure out the map. It isn't true victory.

i just came back from gym

if i can be unlazy enough to go so can you

I go to the gym every week day, but when I'm feeling lazy I end up just going at like 8PM

tbf it was raining until now and I didn't want to get wet

but I'm going now