Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

NO IT'S NOT BAD I AM VERY HAPPY

oHH THEN I AM HAPPY FOR YOU THEn

tbh i just think idol culture is Bad

when a seiyuu of love live was rumored to have been in a sex tape people literally burned all their cds

wtf people suck

DUDE I HATE IDOL CULTURE YOU HAVE NO IDEA

It shouldn't even matter if Emitsun was in a sex tape or not but fans are so fucking gross and its a lose-lose situation for her either way because its possible that companies will want to distance themselves from her regardless to save face and she was starting her own solo career too its awful :(

oHH THEN I AM HAPPY FOR YOU THEn

Basically it's the next Phoenix Wright game(I assume you've at least heard of the series? maybe? I dunno) and one of my favorite characters was confirmed to be in it(she wasn't in the last one)

So

Basically it's the next Phoenix Wright game(I assume you've at least heard of the series? maybe? I dunno) and one of my favorite characters was confirmed to be in it(she wasn't in the last one)

So

THAT SOUNDS SO SQUEE I FEEL SQUEE JUST HEARING TI

DUDE I HATE IDOL CULTURE YOU HAVE NO IDEA

It shouldn't even matter if Emitsun was in a sex tape or not but fans are so fucking gross and its a lose-lose situation for her either way because its possible that companies will want to distance themselves from her regardless to save face and she was starting her own solo career too its awful :(

/touch

i kinda understand your feelings @ that =( korea doesn't really look at depression empathetically but this one singer had to import anti-depression pills from america and it was over the limit of korea's whatever so she had to smuggle it and she got caught and it was all like SCANDAL!! PARK BOM CAUGHT SMUGGLING DRUGS and her career has never been the same since it's so awful that this has to happen to idols

idols are cute

idol culture is No

i agree =(

idols are cute

idol culture is No

yah thats how I feel right there

/touch

i kinda understand your feelings @ that =( korea doesn't really look at depression empathetically but this one singer had to import anti-depression pills from america and it was over the limit of korea's whatever so she had to smuggle it and she got caught and it was all like SCANDAL!! PARK BOM CAUGHT SMUGGLING DRUGS and her career has never been the same since it's so awful that this has to happen to idols

/touch

wtf man that is jacked up she shouldn't have to suffer????????? I feel like the industry just sees them more as products than actual people with feelings and needs

yo are any of u anywhere near los angeles

........I WISH

Edited by Lettuce

[spoiler=i don't have anyone to rant about to so i guess im dumping it here]did you know that kpop contracts are so aggressively oppressive that if you search up "slave contract" on wikipedia the article is about kpop contracts??? i mean from an outsider's perspective it seems pretty okay right?/// being worshiped by girls worldwide and makin mad money.

but actually that's not the case!! idols have to sign AGGRESSIVELY LONG CONTRACTS (tvxq's contracts lasted 13 years) and they also have AGGRESSIVELY OPPRESSIVE thingos--like, while someone is training under an entertainment company, the company pays for the trainee's living expenses, food, singing/dancing/acting lessons, etc. and they begin to pay off that debt once they debut. the problem is that the debt keeps piling up because the company adds money from promotions and hairstyling and makeup and plastic surgery and other lessons (and they get to decide how much to pay the teachers!! so say if you knew someone who could teach you ballet for free, the company could say no we're gonna pay this teacher a hundred thousand dollars to teach you) and the profits that the idol(s) bring in are split: 30 percent goes toward paying off their debt and 70 percent goes toward the company. and the biggest biggest thing is that the amount isn't even transparent!! the company could tell you "we spent a million dollars on promotions" when really they spent ten bucks. you don't know!! you just have to trust the company!! and what do they have to gain by telling you the truth?

not to mention the dating ban. i don't actually know how long the dating ban lasts--my guess is that it's different for each band--but i remember one idol saying "how are we supposed to sing about love if we're not allowed to love, ourselves?" even after the ban expires it's pretty obvious that rabid fangirls will not let you date anyone. ever. one of my favourite idols dated this actress a few years back and !! good for him, right?? you'd think that people would be happy that he's happy, right??? no! i'm so surprised! girls were sending hate to the actress's website (which she had to shut down) and they had to break up. later the singer ended up crying on stage (HE'S VERY SENSITIVE I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THIS TO HIM) and begging for forgiveness and no one deserves that. he's a 26-year-old man; what do you expect??? and in an even more insane case, this one idol recently followed an australian model on instagram and she got a bunch of hate for it--keep in mind that she had literally never interacted with him, which was even more ??? i also remember this one idol navigating a crowd and this girl punched him in the face because she "figured that he'd remember her if she punched him." idols have also gotten into car accidents from fans following them around too eagerly and had to be hospitalized, and there's even a "fan" dubbed the idol-killer because she's so intent on her favourite band's success that she's tried to attack other idols by adding hot glue, benzene, diarrhea medicine, hydrochloric acid, etc into drinks and giving it to them before performances. one singer had a seizure on-stage because of this, but thankfully most of her attempts have failed and she hasn't done anything for several years.

being a kpop idol also brings in major major privacy issues. and yeah, i guess that should be expected for a celebrity. but there's actually a term in korea for these stalker fans because they're so commonplace, and there are taxi companies dedicated to driving these crazed "fans" around since they tend to be young girls that have dropped out of school to devote their time to stalking their idol. i actually saw a video of the first singer i talked about earlier coming back to his entertainment company building at 3 to 4 a.m. because he hosts a 2 a.m. radio program and there were a bunch of girls loitering around. at 4 a.m. in the parking lot. he just kept his head down and covered his face with his arms while checking in, and you could distinctly hear him kind of whispering like "please don't take a photo please don't take videos" but u know how girls do. it's insane.

and that is why kpop a shit

:( jesus fuck that whole thing sounds like a trainwreck

I didn't know that much, I remember knowing some dude who was obsessed with kpop but lost touch with telling me about a fan sending someone their blood????? thats about it though