Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

I don't understand what this post is trying to say I think it's hinting at something but I don't really care lol.

this is really badly timed, my good friend

i agree and oh no what happened >:

Preach it.

Though, what's amiss?

relationship troubles?

Essentially Trist, but in this case its more of trying to get out of one.

To put it basically, there's this person that I've known since my community college days (note, this was just about a year ago to the present) that most found to be extremely weird and stayed away from, who REALLY wants to be friends and is VERY persistent to that end.

[spoiler=details]The first we ever actually spoke was in the library as I was studying (which for some reason, even when right beside me, he only spoke to me through text. Then again, I did agree to this, since he couldn't really speak for one reason or another. I had surmised it was some sort of special needs, but never asked out of not being rude and kept it in mind in preparing to always maintain patience with him, believing this "weirdo" stigma wasn't his fault) I can't quite recall what the conversation was about, other than him wanting to make friends, which being the kind of guy I am, I just went with and he seemed pretty lonely. Somewhere along the way, he mentions hypnotism, which I don't believe in and tried it on me, to no avail, before heading to class that day. Had I only known what would transpire from that one chance meeting, cause he believes us to be friends since then.

Since then, he's been contacting me excessively throughout that summer and keeps referring to that time and comments on how he seems to enjoy doing it and and wants to try again. Sure he was most definitely a weirdo, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt for not wanting to judge, and him being a nice, polite, innocent, and apologetic person. Because of said innocence, I only didnt cut him off so that I could help in being able to make friends for himself by pointing out things he should and shouldn't do through my knowledge, experience and observation, but that wasnt the case.

Throughout my trying to do so, he came to believe that were steadily becoming closer and badly wanted me to come over to his house when i barely knew anything about him and seemed to only ever bother me, as if he had no one else to talk to, yet claims that he does speak to other peoplle. While I remained calm and reassuring in my approach with him throughout my knowing him, I always made myself clear in my explanations and told him bluntly that we're not friends -merely acquaintances- when asked about our "friendship"; That he shouldn't feel bad about that, cause I use the term "friend" VERY loosely and generally feel the same way about nearly everyone I know, no matter how I may like said person, or am on great terms with, cause having a lot of friends sure is fine & dandy, but only makes you feel more lonely in the end when you realize that little (if any at all) have any depth or value, past being someone that you can get along and/or don't have any issues with. Yet despite typing an essay to him on that, afterwards went on to explain why he wanted to be friends, which something along the lines of him believing that we were "connected". Never did I think I could ever be on such varying levels with someone

After that long conversation, I went a long time without hearing from him until after this school year ended due to being in uni, up until the recent past 2 weeks and now contacts me through FB messenger. Given all the time thats passed, I had hoped he had remembered the things I told him so that just maybe he could actually get somewhere in being friends with me, but alas, he was still the same, after everything I've said, and was rather assuming and inconsiderate with how insistent he was, even after saying how uninterested I was and that he'd have a fat chance of ever being on that level. Only this time (being today), he seems to have realized exactly what I've been trying to get him to understand that he thought he understood but didnt, but still hasn't given up and instead wants to start over and now have me "coach" him. I'd have been okay with coaching him on how to make friends (which was my original intention, that he apparently forgot) if he didnt stretch this "friendship" for so long and actually came to me for advice, instead of focusing solely on me and inviting me to his house. I'm at the point where my frighteningly high tolerance was actually starting to fall, and while I don't like him, I wouldnt want to end things in a way that my conscience wouldn't forgive me for.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I'm going to assume that this is directed towards me so that I have an excuse to fight you again.

*grabs brass knuckles*

sorry to disappoint but it's not =(

w-wow no

You're welcome. Ah, good.

Oh yeah? No worries. If it was I'd let you know. Well idk if I can 100% claim that, considering I tend to keep super duper down-heartening things to myself but once in a blue moon I open up and unleash things that most people have forgotten about except me cuz elephants never forgetttttt OUO

I'd say you and I are the same in that regard

but now we're... Elephants cause of it?

Shit HK

my condolences, man

maybe lay it harder?

If I did that, I'd risk saying something rash. The long paragraphs should be enough, or I should go more further in depth with them. He did mention needing a reality check every once n a while

If I did that, I'd risk saying something rash. The long paragraphs should be enough, or I should go more further in depth with them. He did mention needing a reality check every once n a while

yeah

i'd say go in further depth

if he really does need that reality check and all

5/10?

It's awful.

Can't number it without insulting the numbers.

this is really badly timed, my good friend

Essentially Trist, but in this case its more of trying to get out of one.

To put it basically, there's this person that I've known since my community college days (note, this was just about a year ago to the present) that most found to be extremely weird and stayed away from, who REALLY wants to be friends and is VERY persistent to that end.

[spoiler=details]The first we ever actually spoke was in the library as I was studying (which for some reason, even when right beside me, he only spoke to me through text. Then again, I did agree to this, since he couldn't really speak for one reason or another. I had surmised it was some sort of special needs, but never asked out of not being rude and kept it in mind in preparing to always maintain patience with him, believing this "weirdo" stigma wasn't his fault) I can't quite recall what the conversation was about, other than him wanting to make friends, which being the kind of guy I am, I just went with and he seemed pretty lonely. Somewhere along the way, he mentions hypnotism, which I don't believe in and tried it on me, to no avail, before heading to class that day. Had I only known what would transpire from that one chance meeting, cause he believes us to be friends since then.

Since then, he's been contacting me excessively throughout that summer and keeps referring to that time and comments on how he seems to enjoy doing it and and wants to try again. Sure he was most definitely a weirdo, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt for not wanting to judge, and him being a nice, polite, innocent, and apologetic person. Because of said innocence, I only didnt cut him off so that I could help in being able to make friends for himself by pointing out things he should and shouldn't do through my knowledge, experience and observation, but that wasnt the case.

Throughout my trying to do so, he came to believe that were steadily becoming closer and badly wanted me to come over to his house when i barely knew anything about him and seemed to only ever bother me, as if he had no one else to talk to, yet claims that he does speak to other peoplle. While I remained calm and reassuring in my approach with him throughout my knowing him, I always made myself clear in my explanations and told him bluntly that we're not friends -merely acquaintances- when asked about our "friendship"; That he shouldn't feel bad about that, cause I use the term "friend" VERY loosely and generally feel the same way about nearly everyone I know, no matter how I may like said person, or am on great terms with, cause having a lot of friends sure is fine & dandy, but only makes you feel more lonely in the end when you realize that little (if any at all) have any depth or value, past being someone that you can get along and/or don't have any issues with. Yet despite typing an essay to him on that, afterwards went on to explain why he wanted to be friends, which something along the lines of him believing that we were "connected". Never did I think I could ever be on such varying levels with someone

After that long conversation, I went a long time without hearing from him until after this school year ended due to being in uni, up until the recent past 2 weeks and now contacts me through FB messenger. Given all the time thats passed, I had hoped he had remembered the things I told him so that just maybe he could actually get somewhere in being friends with me, but alas, he was still the same, after everything I've said, and was rather assuming and inconsiderate with how insistent he was, even after saying how uninterested I was and that he'd have a fat chance of ever being on that level. Only this time (being today), he seems to have realized exactly what I've been trying to get him to understand that he thought he understood but didnt, but still hasn't given up and instead wants to start over and now have me "coach" him. I'd have been okay with coaching him on how to make friends (which was my original intention, that he apparently forgot) if he didnt stretch this "friendship" for so long and actually came to me for advice, instead of focusing solely on me and inviting me to his house. I'm at the point where my frighteningly high tolerance was actually starting to fall, and while I don't like him, I wouldnt want to end things in a way that my conscience wouldn't forgive me for.

Spell it out for him as blatant as humanly possible. I think being blunt is ideal here, though I'm indifferent about using large bodies of text for someone like that. Succinct and sufficient I think could be done.