• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I finished FMA Brotherhood last night.

My previous posts demonstrated how I was liking the series more and more, that continued to the end.

You can probably tell at this point that I am impressed. FMA Brotherhood is what I'd describe as nearly perfect at what it sets out to do, my problems with it are ultimately minor. As far as the comparison to 2003 goes, Brotherhood definitely avoids those two big issues I had with '03 and is just a better series in general imo.

So this marks the fourth anime series I have watched to completion, I'm not entirely sure how I rank it among them, so I'll just say it's tied for 1st for now. Next up on David's Slow Anime Quest(title subject to change) is probably Attack on Titan, which will probably be relatively soon actually, so we'll see how I feel about that show.

Brotherhood is my favorite anime and has what may well be the most satisfying ending I've seen, for me at least. The story is pretty interesting throughout and it's filled with interesting characters, with a fair amount getting some pretty decent development throughout the story. I consider it a 10/10.

so im gonna...

So I'm gonna be an aunt now. My brother got his ex girlfriend pregnant with a kid. That'd be fine.

His ex girlfriend is a stripper with 3 kids. I am fucking fine with the profession of a stripper, I don't think it's literally the worst. She has 3 kids already though, so I don't know about money.

She also kicks my brother out of the house, demands money from him, only lets him in when he gives her money, then acts like it's fine. He keeps falling for this.

That isn't to say my brother is a saint. He's pretty wacko. Prove to severe, violent mood swings, history of drugs (not just pot), all sorts of things.

I'm worried for that child.

uh.... well I wouldn't even say he's a saint because of what he's just done. .-. Why do people do shit like this jesus christ.

:O

Have fun with EO5

I should really get it when it comes out in US

I DO I DO I DO. And I'm gonna have even more fun playing this in Ein's face! I was just streaming it but too hungry to play and I wanna play more in Ein's face tomorrow.

You totally should. I might get it in English too LOL.

good, won't have to ignore you now

wow

but I will ignore you if you try to touch my Olivert when Sen 2 comes out in English

lucky

I am! I AM SO HYPE

RIP reading LotR.

nah... well.... not much....

I DO I DO I DO. And I'm gonna have even more fun playing this in Ein's face! I was just streaming it but too hungry to play and I wanna play more in Ein's face tomorrow.

You totally should. I might get it in English too LOL.

I probably will provided I have like money by the time it comes out

lol

Brotherhood is my favorite anime and has what may well be the most satisfying ending I've seen, for me at least. The story is pretty interesting throughout and it's filled with interesting characters, with a fair amount getting some pretty decent development throughout the story. I consider it a 10/10.

I generally agree with this yeah, I'd say it's a 9/10 or maybe a 10/10 like you.

[spoiler=regarding the ending]"Happy endings for everyone!" has the potential to be contrived and even unsatisfying if it feels too neat and easy depending on the story but goddamn it's fucking earned here. I've mentioned satisfying endings in these posts, in this show I wasn't even a little sad that it was over, in the best way possible, it just felt complete.

I finished FMA Brotherhood last night.

My previous posts demonstrated how I was liking the series more and more, that continued to the end.

You can probably tell at this point that I am impressed. FMA Brotherhood is what I'd describe as nearly perfect at what it sets out to do, my problems with it are ultimately minor. As far as the comparison to 2003 goes, Brotherhood definitely avoids those two big issues I had with '03 and is just a better series in general imo.

So this marks the fourth anime series I have watched to completion, I'm not entirely sure how I rank it among them, so I'll just say it's tied for 1st for now. Next up on David's Slow Anime Quest(title subject to change) is probably Attack on Titan, which will probably be relatively soon actually, so we'll see how I feel about that show.

Brotherhood is great so yes

I generally agree with this yeah, I'd say it's a 9/10 or maybe a 10/10 like you.

[spoiler=regarding the ending]"Happy endings for everyone!" has the potential to be contrived and even unsatisfying if it feels too neat and easy depending on the story but goddamn it's fucking earned here. I've mentioned satisfying endings in these posts, in this show I wasn't even a little sad that it was over, in the best way possible, it just felt complete.

This is a pretty good example of 'earning your happy ending'. And I agree that the ending ties up every loose end pretty neatly without anything feeling rushed or forced.

This always happens to me

Drink a bunch of water

i would but i feel so incredibly sick right now its hard to swallow anything, even water

my stomach hurts so much

why does life suck

I did the sorter thingy

1 Medb
2 Karna
3 Jeanne D'Arc Alter
4 Medea Lily
5 Zhuge Liang
6 Brynhildr
7 Tamamo no Mae
8 Lancelot (Berserker)
9 Nitocris