• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

EVEN IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE LUCKY LUCKY FEW WHO MAKE IT PAST AUDITIONS uve got a long road ahead

jihyo trained for 10 years, several members of bigbang trained for 11(?), one trainee from one of the biggest companies has been "in the dungeon" for 10 years

there are also some idols who did stuff even predebut!!!!!!! seunghee from oh my girl sang for nine years before auditioning and several members of bts were underground rappers/street dancers before they debuted. it's very cool and i really admire them for loving music so much

the BIG THREE kpop companies are known for housing the most INFLUENTIAL and FAMOUS kpop idols:

sm, with super junior, shinee, exo, girls' generation, f(x), tvxq, red velvet, boa, etc

yg, with bigbang, BLACKPINK, 2ne1, psy, ikon, winner, etc

jyp, with..........i actually don't think any of their goons are well known in america but uh they're good

most companies have a thing where trainees have to pay back the money invested into them before actually receiving pay (including training + styling + outfits + promotions + housing + so so much more, it's often called a slave contract) but the big three pay their trainees immediately after debut!!

they still suck though lmao right sylv

o man i could talk about the idol life for so long

most groups have their cell phones taken away until they get their first win on a music show (gfriend has 29 wins and they still don't have theirs lmao), there's a dating ban, insane diets, insane schedules

Edited by The Velvet

EVEN IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE LUCKY LUCKY FEW WHO MAKE IT PAST AUDITIONS uve got a long road ahead

jihyo trained for 10 years, several members of bigbang trained for 11(?), one trainee from one of the biggest companies has been "in the dungeon" for 10 years

there are also some idols who did stuff even predebut!!!!!!! seunghee from oh my girl sang for nine years before auditioning and several members of bts were underground rappers/street dancers before they debuted. it's very cool and i really admire them for loving music so much

the BIG THREE kpop companies are known for housing the most INFLUENTIAL and FAMOUS kpop idols:

sm, with super junior, shinee, exo, girls' generation, f(x), tvxq, red velvet, boa, etc

yg, with bigbang, BLACKPINK, 2ne1, psy, ikon, winner, etc

jyp, with..........i actually don't think any of their goons are well known in america but uh they're good

most companies have a thing where trainees have to pay back the money invested into them before actually receiving pay (including training + styling + outfits + promotions + housing + so so much more, it's often called a slave contract) but the big three pay their trainees immediately after debut!!

they still suck though lmao right sylv

Thanks, that was very informative.

Also, I recognize some of those names.

i follow a toomblr blog dedicated to posting photos of an idol which all have dates attached and wtf they really do things every day

music shows, variety shows, fanmeets, radio shows, concerts...........theyre also constantly at airports because "wow i gotta film heroes of remix at china, then come back to korea for a music show, then go to america for kcon, then go to japan to film a drama, wow" and it probably sucks

i follow a toomblr blog dedicated to posting photos of an idol which all have dates attached and wtf they really do things every day

music shows, variety shows, fanmeets, radio shows, concerts...........theyre also constantly at airports because "wow i gotta film heroes of remix at china, then come back to korea for a music show, then go to america for kcon, then go to japan to film a drama, wow" and it probably sucks

i remember when kris said they had breakfast in korea, lunch in china, and then dinner in korea again or something similar

im listing these in no particular order but the most popular members of a group tend to be the visual, main vocalist, or maknae

1. LEADER

leaders are usually BUT NOT ALWAYS the oldest member of a group and they basically act as a parent figure by managing their training times and reminding them of schedules and just being around as moral support

personality-wise they tend to be on the quiet and awkward side but theyre also very empathetic and patient i think!! even though they're technically the ~head~ of the group they usually push their other members toward the spotlight and imo they are the most precious cinnamon rolls

3db77ef56b.gif

onew, leader of shinee, was voted best leader by all the other kpop leaders and i agree w them. leader is definitely the most stressful position probably