• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I'm actually...not all that interested in the series lately. I think I will give SoV a chance, but that's a very far off chance.

18 hours ago, Soledai said:

Curioussss

My mind is filled only with ridiculous ideas; however, if anything ever does happen, I'll be sure to let you know...in some manner c;

2 hours ago, Kloe said:

oh~ i just found woozy played ff15 this past weekend

should mean hes more free to play it

8]

25 minutes ago, ___ said:

I could care less for Shadows of Valentia having support conversations, saturated fanservice, shipping mechanics, and a breeding system.

Hate me all you want.

just needs good gameplay

31 minutes ago, ___ said:

I could care less for Shadows of Valentia having support conversations, saturated fanservice, shipping mechanics, and a breeding system.

Hate me all you want.

But you're someone I can't hate though. ;)

17 minutes ago, ___ said:

I'm actually...not all that interested in the series lately. I think I will give SoV a chance, but that's a very far off chance.

My mind is filled only with ridiculous ideas; however, if anything ever does happen, I'll be sure to let you know...in some manner c;

Oh my, I guess we're similar in that. Though my lack of interest is probably more obvious...

Great, I'm certainly looking forward to it ;o

6 minutes ago, ___ said:

people just forget what's important in life games all the time...

I halfway agree with this.

It doesn't need to be said that it depends on the game, but I'll say it anyway. Some designed with purely gameplay in mind, others with story, some both, some shaken, some stirred, etc. In the case of FE among others, there's no (Probably is) wrong choice in what you play it for, story or gameplay. (except Fates, but there's an exception to every rule)

I got to play Breath of the Wild today and I'm kind of amazed by the atmosphere of the game. I was afraid the lack of music would be detrimental, but I've grown to like to just listen to the sound of nature occasionally accompanied by subtle music. It makes the shift all the more jarring when there's a guardian that spots you and the unsettling music starts playing as you pointlessly try to run for your life.

51 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I got to play Breath of the Wild today and I'm kind of amazed by the atmosphere of the game. I was afraid the lack of music would be detrimental, but I've grown to like to just listen to the sound of nature occasionally accompanied by subtle music. It makes the shift all the more jarring when there's a guardian that spots you and the unsettling music starts playing as you pointlessly try to run for your life.

Curious, how similar is this game to stuff like Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games? It is open world from what I hear, but how is the story handled? Are you made to follow it, or can you take it at your pace and focus on sub-stories and quests like you can in Elder Scrolls?

1 hour ago, Soledai said:

But you're someone I can't hate though. ;)

Oh my, I guess we're similar in that. Though my lack of interest is probably more obvious...

Great, I'm certainly looking forward to it ;o

I...huh, well, thanks...

It is. It comes off every sentence you write. well, not every sentence, but yes, obvious it is.

1 hour ago, Soledai said:

I halfway agree with this.

It doesn't need to be said that it depends on the game, but I'll say it anyway. Some designed with purely gameplay in mind, others with story, some both, some shaken, some stirred, etc. In the case of FE among others, there's no (Probably is) wrong choice in what you play it for, story or gameplay. (except Fates, but there's an exception to every rule)

hmm...I suppose that there is that, but I can't believe some one who tells me they play Fates for story, if true I will feel sad and if not they're just trolling. It's a somewhat similar view on Awakening. Shadow Dragon is fine. It is what it is, and it is fine.

i wonder why they put that new zelda game on wii u and switch. wouldn't they get more sales on the switch if it was switch exclusive? it's kinda like how ps4 sells crazy because of their exclusive games. then again nintendo

1 hour ago, Trisitei said:

should mean hes more free to play it

8]

YEAH that's true cause that game is still great. though i can't seem to keep playing my ng+ file... it just doesn't feel like it has much replay value for me

13 minutes ago, Kloe said:

i wonder why they put that new zelda game on wii u and switch. wouldn't they get more sales on the switch if it was switch exclusive? it's kinda like how ps4 sells crazy because of their exclusive games. then again nintendo

Because they promised it would be on the wii u since the wii u was a thing. It'd be really shitty of them to cancel it. Zelda was actually one of the reasons I got a wii u (and i'm sure i'm not alone here), and had nintendo cancelled it, i'd have been extremely mad at them. 

Most of the people who got wii us are the most loyal nintendo fans, the kind that will get a switch anyway, even if not at launch. By cancelling Zelda on it, they'd piss off a big part of their biggest fans. It'd be worse than releasing it on both platforms. The game is selling way more on the switch than on the wii u, and the switch is selling basically all the units they ship as of now, so it's not like it affected them negatively.

Edited by Nobody

14 minutes ago, ___ said:

Curious, how similar is this game to stuff like Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games? It is open world from what I hear, but how is the story handled? Are you made to follow it, or can you take it at your pace and focus on sub-stories and quests like you can in Elder Scrolls?

the story is extremely non linear. There are 6 mains quests (including beating the main boss) that you can take at any order you want (they're quite big, though, not just a regular quest). There are also some memories that you can collect through the world, which tells what happened before the game. That's basically the story. Rest of the game is sidequests and exploration, including shrines. 
The game is as open as a game can be.

Edited by Nobody

22 minutes ago, ___ said:

Curious, how similar is this game to stuff like Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games? It is open world from what I hear, but how is the story handled? Are you made to follow it, or can you take it at your pace and focus on sub-stories and quests like you can in Elder Scrolls

Having never had the chance to play the Elder Scrolls games, I can't answer you, but from what I've seen, even though the game nudges you in a certain direction, you seem entirely free to whatever you want. The game wanted me to go east of the starting area, I decided to go south-west and then north of it and I'm finding stuff to do.

20 minutes ago, Kloe said:

Because Breath of the Wild was announced on the Wii U all the way back 2014 as a Wii U game. They would have had to cancel the game on the Wii U and I know I would have been really pissed off if that had been the case. I'm really glad I didn't have to pay an additional 400$ just to play Breath of the Wild.

2 hours ago, ___ said:

people just forget what's important in life games all the time...

i partially agree
though gameplay takes a good priority

20 minutes ago, Kloe said:

YEAH that's true cause that game is still great. though i can't seem to keep playing my ng+ file... it just doesn't feel like it has much replay value for me

same here really
but thats more because my general lack of playing games recently
just not in the mood you know?

58 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Because they promised it would be on the wii u since the wii u was a thing. It'd be really shitty of them to cancel it. Zelda was actually one of the reasons I got a wii u (and i'm sure i'm not alone here), and had nintendo cancelled it, i'd have been extremely mad at them. 

Most of the people who got wii us are the most loyal nintendo fans, the kind that will get a switch anyway, even if not at launch. By cancelling Zelda on it, they'd piss off a big part of their biggest fans. It'd be worse than releasing it on both platforms. The game is selling way more on the switch than on the wii u, and the switch is selling basically all the units they ship as of now, so it's not like it affected them negatively.

41 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Because Breath of the Wild was announced on the Wii U all the way back 2014 as a Wii U game. They would have had to cancel the game on the Wii U and I know I would have been really pissed off if that had been the case. I'm really glad I didn't have to pay an additional 400$ just to play Breath of the Wild.

oh, i see... i didn't know that, haha, sorry. i thought it was a thing for switch and then they added for wii u. but yeah that makes sense then.

27 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

same here really
but thats more because my general lack of playing games recently
just not in the mood you know?

yeah i totally know how that feels 

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Tell me about that music. I'm determined to sneak into the castle to fulfill two of the side missions. I'll use the Sheikah way! Hope it's not futile.
Speaking of stealth, it's so satisfying sneaking up on enemy camps.