maybe

On 6/5/2017 at 7:05 AM, James Bond said:

Everything is average nowadays...

I agree 

On 6/5/2017 at 1:41 PM, Futaba said:

except me :^)

I agree

as in better than average pls

So any tips for a good team in Heroes? Because I have my share of characters but I don't really feel like putting too much effort nowadays because my 4 best units are melee competitors...

6 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

I love jeans that fit comfortably without feeling tight.

Me too

2 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

My advice is use your favorites.

I agree with this...it just happens I am not lucky with my summons then again I am not the only one...

On 6/2/2017 at 4:05 PM, LuxSpes said:

And I got a 5* Cordelia, but it was the flying kind, not the bride one. That's the 3rd 5* Cordelia I pulled and at least she isn't -Atk like the others were. And better yet, she's +Spd.

I'm a few days late, but this literally happened to me not long after you posted this. Same boon and all.

33 minutes ago, James Bond said:

So any tips for a good team in Heroes? Because I have my share of characters but I don't really feel like putting too much effort nowadays because my 4 best units are melee competitors...

In my experience, a "good team" is usually subject to content, as in, what you're trying to do, Arena notwithstanding obviously. Diversity helps, and most people are good for something. I used to be aggressively melee because I didn't have mages, so pro-melee is manageable, they just ought to compliment each other(color, buffs, dancer, etc). Though, my bread and butter(the aggressive melee mentioned) was kinda slapdash, so ymmv

It's a good idea to have a range of competent, ready to use characters, so in situations where your main 4 catch that work, you still have options.

1 hour ago, Hattusili I said:

MAN I LOVE PANTS

I agree

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Mostly what I think is

mix physical with magic checks. As in have actual mages, not bulky mages like Robin and Merric. Reposition skills are real good to have if you don't have a dancer in a team

32 minutes ago, Soledai said:

In my experience, a "good team" is usually subject to content, as in, what you're trying to do, Arena notwithstanding obviously. Diversity helps, and most people are good for something. I used to be aggressively melee because I didn't have mages, so pro-melee is manageable, they just ought to compliment each other(color, buffs, dancer, etc). Though, my bread and butter(the aggressive melee mentioned) was kinda slapdash, so ymmv

It's a good idea to have a range of competent, ready to use characters, so in situations where your main 4 catch that work, you still have options.

I have a Roy who has balanced stats, Cordelia who is mostly magic resistant, Hinoka who has just a little better strength than Cordelia but is slower and has a little less defense, and a Fae who is a magic tank but her defense is a little lackling...Now I've got Lilina, Ike, Robin (female), Eirika, Leo, Palla and Lukas. These are my 5* atm. I came to the realization that using these four though is a lot disadvantaging especially when I am outnumbered against a number of casters...

24 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

Mostly what I think is

mix physical with magic checks. As in have actual mages, not bulky mages like Robin and Merric. Reposition skills are real good to have if you don't have a dancer in a team

Exactly, what I thought of doing. Getting good units to kill for skills though is tough...mostly what I get is Laslow, Severa, Palla, Wrys...well, you know...

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

I have a Roy who has balanced stats, Cordelia who is mostly magic resistant, Hinoka who has just a little better strength than Cordelia but is slower and has a little less defense, and a Fae who is a magic tank but her defense is a little lackling...Now I've got Lilina, Ike, Robin (female), Eirika, Leo, Palla and Lukas. These are my 5* atm. I came to the realization that using these four though is a lot disadvantaging especially when I am outnumbered against a number of casters...

If I were to make a slipshod team with what you have here, it'd look like:

Basic; Ike, Lilina, *dancer, healer*. Alternatively; Ike, Eirika, Lilina, *dancer*. Also from experience, you can muscle through content without a healer, just have everything else covered. Though I kinda dislike having my tough guys be the same color if I can help it. Unless it's colorless.

1 hour ago, Emeraldfox said:

I want a huge bowl of mashed 'taters

5 hours ago, James Bond said:

Exactly, what I thought of doing. Getting good units to kill for skills though is tough...mostly what I get is Laslow, Severa, Palla, Wrys...well, you know...

Severa is real good for Reposition
Palla is good for Moonbow
Laslows got Noontime and Axebreaker 
Wrys is good for feathers

but palla and laslow being good skill fodder depend if they're four star really

3 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

gdi

10 hours ago, Soledai said:

I'm a few days late, but this literally happened to me not long after you posted this. Same boon and all.

Haven't had the chance to train her yet, but I'm pretty happy with me owning a +2 Cordelia with a +Spd/-Def nature. I can put Desperation on her to quad things to death without fear or reprisal or just give her Drag Back/Hit and Run. Could probably do some dumb Flier  team with her, Hinoka, Minerva and Cherche.

And apparently Masked Marth has the exact same stats and skills as standard Lucina so I'll probably user her as Aether fodder because why keep Masked Marth when I have 40+4 +Spd Lucina.

5 hours ago, Soledai said:

If I were to make a slipshod team with what you have here, it'd look like:

Basic; Ike, Lilina, *dancer, healer*. Alternatively; Ike, Eirika, Lilina, *dancer*. Also from experience, you can muscle through content without a healer, just have everything else covered. Though I kinda dislike having my tough guys be the same color if I can help it. Unless it's colorless.

I see, well I am considering using Lilina in my team. Healers are kinda meh, unless they are in horseback, in which case they are actually just a bit less meh. I always considered using at least a unit of each colour. Now,I just need to get lucky and end up with a 5* unit that has any kind of skills that I would like to pass to other units...

4 hours ago, Trisitei said:

Severa is real good for Reposition
Palla is good for Moonbow
Laslows got Noontime and Axebreaker 
Wrys is good for feathers

but palla and laslow being good skill fodder depend if they're four star really

Laslow's axebreaker, is a skill that I was considering passing on to somebody, but I don't know whom...

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Haven't had the chance to train her yet, but I'm pretty happy with me owning a +2 Cordelia with a +Spd/-Def nature. I can put Desperation on her to quad things to death without fear or reprisal or just give her Drag Back/Hit and Run. Could probably do some dumb Flier  team with her, Hinoka, Minerva and Cherche.

And apparently Masked Marth has the exact same stats and skills as standard Lucina so I'll probably user her as Aether fodder because why keep Masked Marth when I have 40+4 +Spd Lucina.

Oh hey, I was gonna do a dumb flier team too, except with 80% more Palla. Sadly, I don't have a Hinoka for flying amazement, so let me know how that goes. x.x
If you're curious, mine was +Spd/-Hp.

Wow, that's.... expected and somewhat understandable. Aether fodder for whom, though?

Edited by Soledai

5 hours ago, Soledai said:

Oh hey, I was gonna do a dumb flier team too, except with 80% more Palla. Sadly, I don't have a Hinoka for flying amazement, so let me know how that goes. x.x
If you're curious, mine was +Spd/-Hp.

Wow, that's.... expected and somewhat understandable. Aether fodder for whom, though?

Probably could replaced Cherche or Minerva with Palla, but I'd need to promote one to 5*. And I got lucky with Hinoka when she was on the Llloyd banner. +Spd/-HP means that if you pair her with 3 fliers that have Goad Fliers, she'll reach 55 Atk and 45 Spd with the Brave Lance+, which is crazy. Add either Life and Death or Death Blow for even more damage.

Aether is useful to increase a unit's score value in the arena. Probably best used on characters that don't particularly need their special to perform well.