• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

That would be great for my Eevee breeding... If you are willing to give it to me.

Sure; the shiny???

Flandre <3

I'll be back in an hour or so

Hmm, probably you just want to support the official release, but you can get it for free too, you know? If you are currently broke, but would like to play it, you could download it from Fuwanovel, and in case you still want to support the series buy it afterwards.

I did, although I can't say I loved it that much. Seing Kurisu being drunk and trying to save Okabe was great, but a major problem I have with the movie is that it didn't add anything good to the time travel concept. It was the same as the anime, just with switched roles, and that kinda annyoed me. But still, I don't think it's is bad, as the emotional parts were done very well.

I do kinda want to support the release; I do enough pirating online between emulating and illegal anime streaming. Considering I already watched the anime, it's not something I need right at this moment, so I can wait until I have the proper budget. Rest assured, it will be played though. I'm not one of the biggest S;G fangirls for nuthing. ^^

[spoiler=Spoilers for SteinsGate movie]

Fair enough. The fact that it didn't add anything to the time travel shenanigans didn't really matter to me, because its something that's already been established in the series and I don't think they needed to waste more precious screen time reinventing the wheel, so to speak. The whole point of the movie was to place Kurisu on equal terms and footing with Okabe, so that there is a true understanding between them in regards to the whole Reading Steiner ability and the fact that Okabe isn't truly alone in that regard anymore. Even though she isn't the Kurisu who shared all those experiences with him through the other World Lines, she discovers what it really meant for Okabe to do all that time traveling, the pain and madness involved in trying to save someone precious, and it transforms her into someone who understands him even more than she ever could've in the anime. Which was a freaking genius move on the creators part. It takes the ending of the anime + OVA from just pretty good and elevates it to completely perfect in my humble opinion. While Steins;Gate is a time travel story, it has been more well known for its character interactions and the relationships therein, which I think it really delivered on in the entire series.

And drunk Kurisu is the best!

Edited by Silver Lightning

I don't watch animes...

They've gone downhill after the 90's.

Sure; the shiny???

I do kinda want to support the release; I do enough pirating online between emulating and illegal anime streaming. Considering I already watched the anime, it's not something I need right at this moment, so I can wait until I have the proper budget. Rest assured, it will be played though. I'm not one of the biggest S;G fangirls for nuthing. ^^

Fair enough. The fact that it didn't add anything to the time travel shenanigans didn't really matter to me, because its something that's already been established in the series and I don't think they needed to waste more precious screen time reinventing the wheel, so to speak. The whole point of the movie was to place Kurisu on equal terms and footing with Okabe, so that there is a true understanding between them in regards to the whole Reading Steiner ability and the fact that Okabe isn't truly alone in that regard anymore. Even though she isn't the Kurisu who shared all those experiences with him through the other World Lines, she discovers what it really meant for Okabe to do all that time traveling, the pain and madness involved in trying to save someone precious, and it transforms her into someone who understands him even more than she ever could've in the anime. Which was a freaking genius move on the creators part. It takes the ending of the anime + OVA from just pretty good and elevates it to completely perfect in my humble opinion. While Steins;Gate is a time travel story, it has been more well known for its character interactions and the relationships therein, which I think it really delivered on in the entire series.

6 IV anything, really.

Though it will have to be Vaporeon b/c Lv 100...

Need Sp Def in the bloodline.

6 IV anything, really.

Though it will have to be Vaporeon b/c Lv 100...

Need Sp Def in the bloodline.

Ok, but just to let you know, this is in X/Y. Can't get anything from my 5th gen games anymore. :(

If that's ok, just add my FC from my sig. Can I have yours?

Morning thread! Got a closing shift today so sleeping in is awesome!

'welcome!

I've never seen that one myself. Was it good?

And yes, for the most part. I got to go someplaces with my sister and her personalized tour group for her friend, but on the days she wanted to go to hike heavy places like Viejo San Juan, El Morro, and El Yunque, I just either stayed home with my grandma or hung out with my younger second cousin. She invited us to go with her to KaisenCon last Saturday and I picked up the complete series of Corpse Princess while there and watched it on the planes home with my bro. And we also got to stay over for a few nights to do an exchange of watching stuff; in return for her showing me all the Avengers movies I've missed over the years, I got her to watch Steins;Gate. Oh, the suffering she had over the last few episodes was glorious! I had to keep prodding her to keep going and assuring her it'd be a happy ending. She did end up enjoying it alot though. Hehehe.....another one brought into the fold.....my work continues..... >:)

I have loads of HA eevees if you want one; I even have a lvl 100 6IV shiny that I don't really need.

Good morning Silva

I found it good. Not the greatest movie ever, but still a good one.

And good to hear that you were able to relax while you were on your trip. You seem to like converting people to watch S;G

I hope that lvl 100 6IV shiny Eever was pokegened, otherwise I don't understand why you would 'waste' such a good pokemon by stucking it at level 100 instead of evolving it.

Good morning Silva

And good to hear that you were able to relax while you were on your trip. You seem to like converting people to watch S;G

I hope that lvl 100 6IV shiny Eever was pokegened, otherwise I don't understand why you would 'waste' such a good pokemon by stucking it at level 100 instead of evolving it.

Vaporeon?

Are you? :o

The 90's was quite some time ago.

n1656630154_96953_2679-1.jpg

Erm...ever since Toonami.

Nah I'm good for now; I'll be making a post on the trade thread soon to collect whatever I have left to get. Hope you like it though; it has some good egg moves as well!

Good morning Silva

Yes, yes I do. It's terrible that not enough people know about that masterpiece, so I spread the word.

And it was Pokedited; I accidentally brought it over as an attempt to get a shiny Sylveon, but I forgot to reset the lvl. So its been gathering dust in my PC.

Edited by Silver Lightning

They've gone downhill after the 90's.

Nah, literally all of my favorite shows aired after 2000.

The 80's and 90's anime are imo overrated, honestly.

Among my favorites there is FMA:B, Mushishi (number 1 ever, and it aired 2005), Hunter x Hunter, Serial Experiments Lain (ok, this one is 1997 IIRC) and so on.

Anime nowadays is the same as always. In the 80's and 90's just as much shit aired as nowadays,people tend to overlook that.

Nagi no Asukara was a gem, and it aired two season ago.

The best year in anime would be around 2004. At least for me.

Sure; the shiny???

I see. Well, if you can wait so long, sure :P

Hmm, to me the time travel concept was just as important as the emotional aspect of the series, and considering the anime did pretty well in that, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed, but w/e.

Well, yes, but the approach could have been a different one. Reading Steiner is a mysterious ability, and everyone possesses it to an extent. I'd have liked the movie more if it either had more focused on the time travel aspect, or ditched it completely and show how Kurisu slowly understands more of Okabe with each day spent with him, often remembering some small parts of the previous timelines.

Inlcuding drama would have still been possible, by making Okabe slowly fall into depression, and have Kurisu try to save him out of it. Including the time travel concepts like that was imo a lazy move.

But well, I know where you're coming from, we just both had different expectations on the movie.

Edited by Battora

I like all around happy people because I'm always depressed so I need someone happy to rub off on me.

I am depressed most of the time too, but that is exactly why I often can't stand overall happy people. Their aura kind of pisses me off, considering I'm not the most sociable person irl.

I dislike people in general, but that's due to me being an introvert. Completely cheerful people are a bit worse.

Nah, literally all of my favorite shows aired after 2000.

The 80's and 90's anime are imo overrated, honestly.

Among my favorites there is FMA:B, Mushishi (number 1 ever, and it aired 2005), Hunter x Hunter, Serial Experiments Lain (ok, this one is 1997 IIRC) and so on.

Anime nowadays is the same as always. In the 80's and 90's just as much shit aired as nowadays,people tend to overlook that.

Nagi no Asukara was a gem, and it aired two season ago.

The best year in anime would be around 2004. At least for me.

I see. Well, if you can wait so long, sure :P

Hmm, to me the time travel concept was just as important as the emotional aspect of the series, and considering the anime did pretty well in that, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed, but w/e.

Well, yes, but the approach could have been a different one. Reading Steiner is a mysterious ability, and everyone possesses it to an extent. I'd have liked the movie more if it either had more focused on the time travel aspect, or ditched it completely and show how Kurisu slowly understands more of Okabe with each day spent with him, often remembering some small parts of the previous timelines.

Inlcuding drama would have still been possible, by making Okabe slowly fall into depression, and have Kurisu try to save him out of it. Including the time travel concepts like that was imo a lazy move.

But well, I know where you're coming from, we just both had different expectations on the movie.

Hm yes, I suppose that could've worked as well. Either way, it was still a pretty good movie, and even if I hadn't liked it as much as I did, I'm still pretty happy it managed to get one; most anime nowadays have to be pretty popular to get one and Steins;Gate has been a sleeper hit from the beginning. Now I just want them to dub it and give it the same wonderful treatment that the anime got.